*VIDEO* Technique - Side Control Escape to Single Leg

Oliver Geddes

Amateur Fighter
@purple
Reaction score

Not a dogbar instructional yet. But it is coming. First of a two part series. :)

Yes, I know there's a random beep two minutes in. Next time the phone goes on airplane mode at the beginning. :)

Thanks for the video. I'll have to give it a try. Really looking forward to the dogbar instructional.

A bit of advice: In a video with a length of 6:47, it took you 5:30 to actually get to the technique. This style of teaching is going to lose most of your audience.

A bit of advice: In a video with a length of 6:47, it took you 5:30 to actually get to the technique. This style of teaching is going to lose most of your audience.

Advice noted. Would you recommend starting with a full runthrough of the technique first before breaking it down?

Advice noted. Would you recommend starting with a full runthrough of the technique first before breaking it down?

I would.

I watch a ton of technique videos on youtube and often have several windows open at the same time. I generally won't spend 5 minutes on a video unless it happens to be what I'm looking for.

If I like the technique, I'll listen to the whole thing. I watched an 8 minute video today on the brabo from turtle.

But if I start a video and don't see a technique in like 10 seconds, I'll skip through the video until I find it. At that point, even if I like the video, I'm not likely to go back and replay whatever it was you were talking about. In other words, if you want me to listen to you talk, you have to hook me and make me shut up in the first few moments.

I actually read print books as well, so I'm not even the LCD for attention span.

Yes. Like the guy below, I will skip to the technique to watch first. There is nothing that you can explain in 6 minutes that I cannot grasp 90% by watching.

You ever notice that the videos that deconstruct technique or analyze certain athletes do so after or during watching them execute moves? None of them do a 7 minute analysis first, then show the athlete for 90 seconds at the end.

Its not an attention span thing, its a logic thing.

This. Every technique video should follow that format, this way you know right away if it's something you want to add to your game or not.

Back