[VIDEO] Technique - Leg Drag to Back Take / Leg Drag to Calf Slicer

virtuoso

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Hey all! We started filming some technique videos to put on Facebook for our academy and I thought I'd just share them here. The first technique is from 2nd degree Renzo Gracie black belt Tim Mannon and the second is from 1st degree black belt Justin Chong. Let me know what you think!

Leg Drag to Back Take
[YT]T0bY8gfCxYI[/YT]

Leg Drag to Calf Slicer
[YT]hv6bSg5jGK4[/YT]

Cool videos. This is an interesting position to play with, especially when your opponent is pushing you away and preventing you from stabilizing the leg drag.

I do feel like it's hard to control that roll though. In the second video the top guy is hugging his opponent's body to stay connected, but if you're already that tight I feel you'd probably just finish the leg drag?.

Cool videos. This is an interesting position to play with, especially when your opponent is pushing you away and preventing you from stabilizing the leg drag.

I do feel like it's hard to control that roll though. In the second video the top guy is hugging his opponent's body to stay connected, but if you're already that tight I feel you'd probably just finish the leg drag?.

That's true. It's always good to have a plan B though, and it's a fun position to play around with. Also, Justin's (second guy) leg drag is very smooth and tight, so he automatically settled into a tight position, controlling the hips. This is more for when they're pushing you away, inverting, etc.

Thanks for watching!

Back