1. The official Sherdog Store is back! Check it out! » Discuss it here! »

Video: Sparring session between me and my brother.

Discussion in 'Standup Technique' started by Ahimsa, May 20, 2008.

1. Ahimsa Green Belt

Soul Rebel: Thanks. I'm fortunate to have a sibling to train and spar with. I pay for his monthly dues, so he better go train. :D

T.J.T: Tell me about it, my left leg has been sore the last two days due to me not checking his kicks. I totally forgot about that, thanks for bringing that up. I'll definitely work on it today along with my kicks.

Ssullivan80 and MMAftfw: Thanks, I really appreciate the feedback!

2. right hand lead Purple Belt

yea, very good stuff man. i liked the way you mix up your punches and kicks. real good stuff.

and its awesome that you train with your bro. my brother had a two year head start on me and always goes hard on me. i hate sparring with him :(

3. SevenEleven White Belt

Nice work, I also noticed the left hooks to the body. Something I am working on also :)

4. Temar241 Green Belt

nice sparring session! good technique all around i wish i had a brother to do that with too haha, ill just have to beat up my sister later then.

i dont really see anything too glaring to work on except for the things you already mentioned.

one thing i been tryin to work hard on recently that maybe you could have used a little in that session is countering the leg/body kick with the straight right. I just been tryin to get the timing down cuz its somethin i havent done alot in the past.

i saw u sorta did it about 1:16 in the vid idk if it really landed though.

keep trainin you guys look good

5. Chonbody Guest

Pretty good. I think you were more into it than your brother was if I'm not mistaken.

6. Ahimsa Green Belt

Right hand lead: Good thing we started training at the same time, we are pretty much dead even when it comes to skill sets. Having a brother that trains have tremendously upped my game.

Temar241: I'll definitely be working on countering the kicks with the cross. It's flush when timed perfectly but if it isnt, my leg ends up being sore for days, haha.

Chonbody: Actually, that is my little brother fighting style; he is way more relaxed than I am. It's impossible to tell from the video, but his kicks are really heavy and they lay into you. His jabs are lazy but he throws them annoyingly to set-up his kicks which works out very well for him.

Thanks for all comments and critiques everyone, they will be put to good use.

7. Yojimbo Brown Belt

Nice vid! I wish I could give you some advice but you guys would own me standing up lol.