VIDEO: Ronda vs. Male Wrestler.

AHahha, you think any of these SHertards actually train? I can guarantee that most of the Ronda haters don't train and therefore have armchair warrior feedback on everything. "Derp any 135lb man can beat up Rousey. He's just stronger than her derp because Im a 190lb fat slob and cant beat off without sweating so they can beat sum dum gurl."

Those of us who train know better from experience and give credit where credit is due.

Join Date 2003:

If you've been training since you've been posting and you are a male and couldn't beat RR in a no rules fight or even in an MMA fight I would fucking castrate you if you were my son. 100 % serious. I would cut all 2.72254521 inches off.

Hold up. So not only do neither of these videos relate to what I post but both of them are videos of girls who do Jits against guys who don't train at all. The first is much less impressive then the second as it is a girl who apperently trained for 10 years (doubt it but that's what I was reading) against a bunch of skinny dude bro's. The second is much more impressive as a girl taps a marine but he really should not have underestimated her.

First video they were wrestlers, but her technique is fucking flawless. She takes just about every competition she's in. She competed in OKC saturday and wrecked shop (even nailed a sweet flying triangle) and I saw her at a 10th planet training camp with Eddie Bravo a few months back. She's on her way to being a BJJ superstar for sure. I see her at a lot of local tournies.

That girl would tap most dudes.

so you feel a sport where the entire focus is on training to punch wont produce guys on adverage with more punching power than say golfers? or guys who only train boxing as part of their regieme?

Golf? That's your straw man. My list clearly mentioned mma vs boxing.

Hell, just looking at boxing... Two guys same size same experience one gets a lot of ko wins and one doesn't. Punching power is nature AND nurture, bub.

people in glass houses hommie
im not the one saying ronda has a super power double , a chin comparable to a male professional boxer and that no one ever in the history of the world has learned how to stuff some basic takedowns from a distance.

I never said any of those things. It's clear that you don't train. I'm done talking too you.

Have either of you guys ever rolled before?

If a pure wrestler decides to use his wrestling against a very good Judoka or BJJ practitioner, that wrestler is going to get submitted because they don't have the correct defense for those submissions.

It happened at my friend's gym all the time when he was doing BJJ there. A lot of pure wrestlers would go in and of course, they would use their wrestling by they got easily handled by the BJJ students because the wrestler doesn't know how to defend those submissions.

You can say that any wrestler above 135 handles her, but if they are just a pure wrestler and don't know how to defend the submissions a Judo or BJJ practitioner has, then that wrestler is going to get submitted.

In order to be successful in MMA, you have to learn submission defense. You have to learn BJJ/Judo, etc. You can't just rely on your wrestling. You can be an amazing wrestler but if you don't have any knowledge about submissions in BJJ/Judo, you're going to get submitted very easily.

That friend of mine, he rolled with tons of pure wrestlers and submitted them very easily. Most of those wrestlers never came back the next day, either.

The only way the wrestler wins is usually if the BJJ/Judoka sucks or the wrestler has experience in defending those kind of submissions/is used to having submissions and sweeps from that style (BJJ/Judo) thrown at them. If they're just purely using their wrestling and don't have the submission defense, they will not win the match, they will get submitted or they will get swept.

Now, if a Judoka or BJJ practitioner went in and tried to wrestle, they likely will not win. If they have to go in and use wrestling instead of their actual base, they will lose. But if you put a pure wrestler against a BJJ or Judoka, the BJJ or Judoka is going to submit them because that wrestler doesn't know how to defend the submissions or the sweeps. If you do BJJ/Judo practitioner vs. pure wrestler, the BJJ/Judo practitioner wins almost every time.

Size has nothing to do with it. A good BJJ or Judo practitioner will submit the wrestler. Royce Gracie proved this already, that BJJ is superior to wrestling if it's pure BJJ (or Judo) vs. pure wrestling. Now wrestling with some BJJ or Judo experience (submission and sweep defense) vs. pure BJJ or Judo, the wrestler will likely win. But, if they don't have that knowledge, they will get submitted or swept quite easily because they don't know anything about that style at all. They aren't used to having armbars, triangles, etc, thrown at them. The BJJ/Judo practitioner > pure wrestler.

EDIT: Don't talk about how the wrestler would just slam them on their head, because it's really not that easy. There are ways to defend being slammed in BJJ and Judo. Look at how Forrest Griffin defended being slammed by Rampage Jackson when he put him a triangle. BJJ/Judo > pure wrestling. Wrestling with BJJ/Judo submission and sweep experience (MMA mix) > pure BJJ or Judo, unless that BJJ/Judo fighter is fucking amazing, like Werdum or Jacare or something.
Way too long didn't read. I am a BJJ blue belt and a Judo green belt and I wrestle in high school. I'm talking in a wrestling match because that's what that was, a wrestling match.

The logic here is astounding. You realize that a 135 pound person can't grow without becoming no longer a 135 pound person right?

Wtf are you talking about? My growing I mean getting his man strength. Men the same weight as me are stronger because there men and I'm 17.

Obviously when male UFC fighters grapple with Ronda they don't go 100%

Problem is I am not sure she realizes that...

First video they were wrestlers, but her technique is fucking flawless. She takes just about every competition she's in. She competed in OKC saturday and wrecked shop (even nailed a sweet flying triangle) and I saw her at a 10th planet training camp with Eddie Bravo a few months back. She's on her way to being a BJJ superstar for sure. I see her at a lot of local tournies.

That girl would tap most dudes.

i have seen all the videos but the 3 or ive seen when shes gone agaisnt male mma fighters the guys are going around 50% and shes going around 100% and they still more or less beat her

Obviously when male UFC fighters grapple with Ronda they don't go 100%

Problem is I am not sure she realizes that...

I honestly can't tell. You really do get the feeling that she thinks she's in the middle of a battle. These guys are moving at a snails pace, doing everything to avoid hurting her, she's straining, working her ass off, trying to snap their arms & they're yawning.

Maybe she doesn't realise

We don't really have any video of her going all-out with any men her size. But if you think women can't hang with skilled men, you should check out Amanda Leve. Below is a competition video, not a light roll or a technique drill.

[YT]gpC6IFDyTG4[/YT]

Thanks for posting, never saw that one. She's fast!

Good old folkstyle wrestling dominates Judo every time. Lol at her trying to do those hip tosses on him.

We don't really have any video of her going all-out with any men her size. But if you think women can't hang with skilled men, you should check out Amanda Leve. Below is a competition video, not a light roll or a technique drill.

[YT]gpC6IFDyTG4[/YT]

blue belt division is not exactly a "skilled" division, especially when you have Amanda Leve, who was one of the top female blue belts (when that vid was taken), grappled against an unknown male blue belt in a local tournament.

Hilary Williams, a sherdogger, is a female blackbelt champion and she grappled against men when she was a white/blue/purple belt.

the only divisions that matters are blackbelt/adult divisions at the Worlds, Pan Am, or ADCC.

I honestly can't tell. You really do get the feeling that she thinks she's in the middle of a battle. These guys are moving at a snails pace, doing everything to avoid hurting her, she's straining, working her ass off, trying to snap their arms & they're yawning.

Maybe she doesn't realise

Random male High School wrestler > UFC's 135lb WMMA champ

Reality > Zuffa marketing hype ("Rousey beat up 200lbs men", "Rousey can beat male UFC fighters")

Wrestling > Judo.

Proven over and over at the highest level in MMA.

Yep. Lesnar dominating Olympic silver medalist.

Yep. Lesnar dominating Olympic silver medalist Judoka.

Oops. My bad.

I don't think the HS version of me would have enough blood above the waist to keep wrestling.

Back