Video : Ronda losing the Judo World Champions final in 2007 in Brazil

What I said about Fedor is my personal opinion and it's not really relevant to what we're debating in this thread. It's just something I wanted to point out.

If it's not relevant to the debate in this thread (athletic accomplishments), why did you bring it up, besides nuthuggery?

As an athlete, Fedor was nothing special, I agree with this, but his character and the way that he fought brought something to MMA that to me is essential to fighting sports.

Oh he was nothing special as an athlete? Funny, I distinctly remember you claiming he's the only non-failure compared to the elite athletes, the only one worthy of respect. Want a reminder of what you said? Here it is:

Indeed, they are all failures compared to elite athletes, there is only one exception in the history of MMA and that is Fedor, the only man in MMA who in my opinion is truly unique and worthy of respect.

So Fedor is just as much of a failure athletically compared to the others in MMA, but he alone deserves respect because of his...personality? This is nuthuggery at a whole new level! Gee I guess my great aunt should be put along side the athletic greats for having a great personalty then?

Also, Fedor never claimed to be anything special, he was always humble, unlike Ronda who lets herself to be carried by the ridiculous hype they created around her.

News flash: one's athletic accomplishments are objective facts, and as facts, they are not diminished or inflated by one's personality. Only nuthuggers care about something that irrelevant. Fedor does not deserve to be brought up against elite athletes, any more than Rousey, because him and Rousey are cut more or less from the same athletic cloth, powered by utter mediocrity(TM), gender differences notwithstanding, neither of them deserve much respect unless if you're a nuthugger, end of story.

I'm far from being a "nuthugger" of any fighter, when it comes to sports I'm primarily a football fan (Maradona being my favourite sportsman), I don't invest any emotions into MMA I dedicate all my passion for sports to football

Right, no emotional investment in MMA whatsoever, all passion for football. That's why you came into a thread about athleticism to sing songs about Fedor's PERSONALITY, and bitch and whine about Ronda's hype. Talk about self contradiction. That said, I listen to Mauro's podcasts, and bipolar disorder is nothing to joke about, you should consider seeking professional help.

Last edited:
ronda-rousey-beat-sara-mcmann-b.gif

5zFJSGL.gif

Dat Judo.
Of course you pick the angle that makes Ronda's KO and TKO look impressive. Here's a more accurate gif that tells the whole story:
OhZ0ppP.gif
See? Nothing special.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back