Video : Ronda losing the Judo World Champions final in 2007 in Brazil

"Couldn't even cut it in D1" yet, the only reason he didn't cut it is that he had to reject a full ride scholarship to the best wrestling school in the nation.

Wow. You guys are like trying to sound stupid.

Umm so Jones turned down a d1 scholarship to go to junior college?

Can you provide a source for this?

I dont know where Arthur and Chandler stand in regards to NFL all time greats.
There are literally some super humans in the NFL

But next to normal human population, Arthur and Chandler are elite athletes, anyone in the NFL is.

Well that goes without saying, all UFC champions are elite athletes compared to Joe Schmo, but we're not comparing them to Joe Schmo, we're comparing them to elite world class athletes, the 1% among the Olympians, the 1% among the major pro athletes, and calling the UFC champions "subpar" next to the them is putting it very politely. I don't think most of them even deserve to be called that.

And no, there are no superhuman athletes in the NFL, for the most elite of the elite human athletes are still absolute jokes compared to the true superhuman athletes of planet earth. You think BJ jumping out of a 3-foot pool is impressive? Here's a 16,000 lbs orca leaping 15 feet out of the water. Now that's a superhuman, A-level athlete.

lQeSwrt.jpg

Rousey is still the babe. She can be annoying sometimes tho.

70 kilos? That's 154 pounds when she didn't have a lot of muscles... I thought she couldn't compete at 145?

Well that goes without saying, all UFC champions are elite athletes compared to Joe Schmo, but we're not comparing them to Joe Schmo, we're comparing them to elite world class athletes, the 1% among the Olympians, the 1% among the major pro athletes, and calling the UFC champions "subpar" next to the them is putting it very politely. I don't think most of them even deserve to be called that.

And no, there are no superhuman athletes in the NFL, for the most elite of the elite human athletes are still absolute jokes compared to the true superhuman athletes of planet earth. You think BJ jumping out of a 3-foot pool is impressive? Here's a 16,000 lbs orca leaping 15 feet out of the water. Now that's a superhuman, A-level athlete.

lQeSwrt.jpg

"And no, there are no superhuman athletes in the NFL"

Okay thanks for this cogent contribution

Of course when Rousey finally verses a black, athletic, and explosive human being she loses.

jokes

100% true, as soon as she faces another A-level athlete and not a soccer mom, she will lose again.

Compared to elite like Karelin or semi-elite like Jordan Burroughs...wait, is that a serious question?

And why is that? Because he had to cut so much weight to be competitive his body and nerves couldn't handle it.

And he couldn't even beat Chael Sanderson while Romero did it twice, and Romero himself couldn't hold a candle to true a elite like Karelin or a semi-elites like Jordan Burroughs.

I think you're a little bit too exigent if you think top 5 of the world is subpar but that is just my opinion.
the elite guys are beating subpar competition?

whatever lmao

Awesome watching her lose, look like she wanted to cry during most of the match.

Seriously when is one of the women who finished ahead of her in the Olympics gonna get signed for the "super fight"

The "A- level athlete" discussions around here are so fucking boring...

likely unathletic desk warriors pretending they get to judge real athletes with some made up criteria lol.

Here's a video of that same tournament:

[YT]/watch?v=v9j6WlC46H8[/YT]

Ronda always had bad throws, she was quite mediocre in the nage-waza game but she was very tactical and with a great newaza, exactly like most students of Jimmy Pedro are, but ne-waza alone wouldn't lead her to an olympics gold medal, ever. That's why she gave up. She was not good enough. In that video she capitalized when the teenager tried a sacrifice technique (tomoe nage) against her. You don't try a sacrifice technique against a Jimmy Pedro's student hehe.

I chose that video because Ronda fighting a true phenom, a 15yo Mayra Aguiar that 2 years later would win a silver medal at the worlds, then one year later the bronze at the olympics and one more year later she'd become a World Champion. Ronda

Mayra and Kayla Harrisson dominate their weight class. Both are phenoms and are 7-7 in their H2H. In fact no girl can win more than 2 matches in a row against the other.

Mayra said recently that she thinks about trying MMA and she's a big fan of rousey.

Yes she specialized in newaza.

But you're implying she couldn't throw anybody for Ippon at a high level. Not quite true.

She threw Edith Bosch for Ippon in the semi finals of the 2007 world championshiops (Edith was the reigning world champion before that competition ended).

For those who wish to see it, it happens 10 seconds into the below link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U12IONzehvQ#t=3m10s

Yes Edith threw her for Ippon in the 2008 Olympics, but Edith doesn't hold a winning record over Ronda (if you count all the times they fought against each other).

Ronda was elite at the world level. Just sayin.

But it's true that her style of Judo wasn't cut out for being an Olympic Gold medalist. It's much more adaptable to MMA though.

Haha, so many bros upset over SlavicFury's posts...please proceed with your cries, don't hold anything back :D.

I don't even understand what I was watching. Looked pretty close to me. They each got three dominant positions over the course of that match.

Exactly and the only reason that I see that Cyborg isn't fighting at 155 right now is because there is no talent at that weight.

Better keep looking because there is no talent at 145 either.

Seriously when is one of the women who finished ahead of her in the Olympics gonna get signed for the "super fight"

Since all of them are in their mid to late 30s I doubt they want to start MMA now.

All the white knights in this thread make this thread great for the lolz. Thanks guys.

On a side note casual fans are the ones who seem to like her more. Fans that keep up with mma and know how ronda is don't usually like her. If you like someone thats full of herself,looks down on you and me,arrogant,disrespectful and the opposite of honorable then you might need to check yourself. Yea I know they might think shes pretty and they like watching her dominance but the way someone handles themselves out of the cage is what matters more then winning. True champs are good in the cage and honorable outside.

Such bullshit.

All the fighters out there with criminal records for some sort of thugary or other, and half of Sherdog wants to convince us that Ronda's the one we should be focusing and that she belongs somewhere among the most "dishonorable" athletes in the sport.

Get over yourself.

Just looking at the fight itself, she lost the grip war and never really got anything going herself but defensively she was good, held the French girl to a couple of iffy yuko. I don't see how coming 2nd at worlds at age 19 is somehow a bad thing.

Until black women start dominating wmma its an inferior product.

Back