Video : Ronda losing the Judo World Champions final in 2007 in Brazil

wait ... 70KG is 154 lbs !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In Judo it is encouraged, as being on your back (touching with your shoulders) is not too sought after due to the rules.
She seems to have taken that with her in MMA, somewhat.
She said somewhere that she does not really mind it.
She'll mind when she's tapping out or put unconscious.

why do you guys talk like just being athletic is sufficient to be great at one sport
I would like to see Jon Jones's brother try to play football(soccer) and see how well he does

Whoever said Jon Jones' brothers are elite athletes who could excel in multiple major sports? Yes they're superior to Jon Jones - even Jon Jones himself has repeatedly admitted as such, but "being superior to subpar" does not make you elite, if that's the case Edith Bosch would be considered an elite female athlete for beating the subpar Rousey.

Where are Arthur and Chandler Jones ranked in NFL's all-time greats? Where are they ranked in NFL's all-time combine results? Nowhere, that's where. They're run-of-the-mill pro-ballers (Arthur more so than Chandler) who're superior athletes to their brother, the UFC champion, the "once in a generation fighter/MMA athlete". That's the reality of the level of athleticism you're dealing with in MMA.

Here's a video of that same tournament:

[YT]/watch?v=v9j6WlC46H8[/YT]

Ronda always had bad throws, she was quite mediocre in the nage-waza game but she was very tactical and with a great newaza, exactly like most students of Jimmy Pedro are, but ne-waza alone wouldn't lead her to an olympics gold medal, ever. That's why she gave up. She was not good enough. In that video she capitalized when the teenager tried a sacrifice technique (tomoe nage) against her. You don't try a sacrifice technique against a Jimmy Pedro's student hehe.

I chose that video because Ronda fighting a true phenom, a 15yo Mayra Aguiar that 2 years later would win a silver medal at the worlds, then one year later the bronze at the olympics and one more year later she'd become a World Champion. Ronda

Mayra and Kayla Harrisson dominate their weight class. Both are phenoms and are 7-7 in their H2H. In fact no girl can win more than 2 matches in a row against the other.

Mayra said recently that she thinks about trying MMA and she's a big fan of rousey.

It was a long time ago, yes.

Rousey was also always one of the youngest competitors. Her opponent was 25 years old here, while Rousey was just 20 years old. Rousey was a phenom at her age.

20 is not that young for female athletes.

Ronda probably says "She knows she really lost" she says that about most of her loses.

and she s ducking cybordg@145 ...
Sure...

Ronda is likely bigger and stronger now than she was when she was competing in Judo. She literally had to cut about 1 lb. to make the 154 lb. limit that she was competing in. Now despite looking far more lean she still walks around at about that same weight and then cuts about 20 lbs. to make 135. Cyborg cuts about 25 lbs. to make 145 meaning she walks around about 15 lbs heavier than Ronda. They just are not in the same weight class and that is likely why this fight will never happen.

Sure...

Ronda is likely bigger and stronger now than she was when she was competing in Judo. She literally had to cut about 1 lb. to make the 154 lb. limit that she was competing in. Now despite looking far more lean she still walks around at about that same weight and then cuts about 20 lbs. to make 135. Cyborg cuts about 25 lbs. to make 145 meaning she walks around about 15 lbs heavier than Ronda. They just are not in the same weight class and that is likely why this fight will never happen.

Cyborg has a pick of herself weighing more than 170. She is much bigger than Ronda.

Mayra and Kayla Harrisson dominate their weight class. Both are phenoms and are 7-7 in their H2H. In fact no girl can win more than 2 matches in a row against the other.

Mayra said recently that she thinks about trying MMA and she's a big fan of rousey.

Karelin went something like 7 years in wrestling, competing at the highest level without losing a single point against a much deeper talent pool, and over a decade without losing a match. Aguiar and Harrison couldn't even hold on to the gold at either the world or the pan ams. They are superior athletes to Ronda Rousey sure, but it's not hard being superior to subpar, just ask Jon Jones' brothers. They're far from elite.

Leave your neck open enough, somebody is gonna get it. Skills or no skills.

As Cro Cop choked out Werdum, I guess you are right.

Cyborg has a pick of herself weighing more than 170. She is much bigger than Ronda.
Exactly and the only reason that I see that Cyborg isn't fighting at 155 right now is because there is no talent at that weight.

Barely older than a teenager. I think the fact that she was even competing in the Olympics at the age of 20 should be enough to understand why she lost.

how is this considered subpar?

Compared to elite like Karelin or semi-elite like Jordan Burroughs...wait, is that a serious question?

His kidneys failed you dummy

And why is that? Because he had to cut so much weight to be competitive his body and nerves couldn't handle it.

And he couldn't even beat Chael Sanderson while Romero did it twice, and Romero himself couldn't hold a candle to true a elite like Karelin or a semi-elites like Jordan Burroughs.

Whoever said Jon Jones' brothers are elite athletes who could excel in multiple major sports? Yes they're superior to Jon Jones - even Jon Jones himself has repeatedly admitted as such, but "being superior to subpar" does not make you elite, if that's the case Edith Bosch would be considered an elite female athlete for beating the subpar Rousey.

Where are Arthur and Chandler Jones ranked in NFL's all-time greats? Where are they ranked in NFL's all-time combine results? Nowhere, that's where. They're run-of-the-mill pro-ballers (Arthur more so than Chandler) who're superior athletes to their brother, the UFC champion, the "once in a generation fighter/MMA athlete". That's the reality of the level of athleticism you're dealing with in MMA.

I dont know where Arthur and Chandler stand in regards to NFL all time greats.
There are literally some super humans in the NFL

But next to normal human population, Arthur and Chandler are elite athletes, anyone in the NFL is.

Yea sucks. Ronda was only the 2nd best in the entire world in judo that year. If you said it was a complete failure Ronda would agree.

Ronda's play by play of the match was in her book. This match was immediately after she had her elbow dislocated against Bosch and popped it back in and went on to win in the final seconds.

"I faced Gévrise Émane of France in the championship and got called for a bullshit penalty in the first minute, which put me immediately behind. She scored on me a few seconds later with a throw that was questionable at best as far as whether it was a legitimate scoring takedown. I scored on a throw halfway through the match, bringing me within a minor score of tying the match

Back