Video : Ronda losing the Judo World Champions final in 2007 in Brazil

[YT]/watch?v=6KZXt763lRc[/YT]

She got dominated but it was some time ago. Now she really has that aura around her, not like this puffy girl we see running and crying in the end. No disrespect to her but i laughed

Thx god they banned leg grabs in Judo. Wow. Looked like a different sport. Also, I didn't remember that by 2007 the Koka score still existed. For some reason I thought it was gone by 2004 Olympics.

Anyways, to the dude that said she was a phenom. She was not. She was very good, but not spectacular. Kayla Harrisson won the Olympics gold at the same age Ronda failed to make to the semifinals.

She seems young, determined, hardworking, and passionate in the video..

-Daniel Cormier: couldn't medal in the Olympics. 2nd time he tried he had a panic attack and couldn't even compete

There you go. The entire UFC championship lineup consist of subpar human athletes who ran away from real competition. Ronda Rousey, while a case of mediocrity herself, is actually one of the most accomplished out of this sad bunch.

At the 2004 Olympics he took 4th place after losing to Khadzhimurat Gatsalov in the semi-finals.

In the non-Olympic years, Cormier reached the top 5 at the Wrestling World Championships on two separate occasions, 2003 and 2007.

how is this considered subpar?

All you did was prove my point. Cyborg is willing to fight at 140. Ronda while already fighting at 154, is not.

I don't think you read that, Cris actively ducked THREE times.

2nd place in the world championships.....so terrible

She only got a bronze medal in the Olympics a year later also.

Worst judoka ever :rolleyes:

People watch videos of Ronda throwing guys who are making no attempt to resist the throw and convince themselves she is invincible.

People watch videos of Ronda throwing guys who are making no attempt to resist the throw and convince themselves she is invincible.

The Mousasi videos is my holy doctrine.

Indeed, they are all failures compared to elite athletes, there is only one exception in the history of MMA and that is Fedor, the only man in MMA who in my opinion is truly unique and worthy of respect.

Talk about nuthuggery. You're no different from the typical Ronda nuthugger. Fedor is comparable to elite athletes because he won a bunch of world Sambo titles, a sport with such little global participation, so little competition out of Russia? Winning Sambo world is like winning IBJJF or the ADCC, which even a subpar athlete like Werdum was able to accomplish. Fedor doesn't hold a candle to elite, world class athletes that come on top in sport practised by billions. In the most recent interview, they mentioned Fedor benching 400 lbs, as if it's impressive. There're 15 year old American football players that bench press well over 500 lbs.

I still like most of the fighters you mention and respect what they do, but unlike the insecure MMA community I don't live through their fighting ability and their hypothetical overwhelming success in fighting olympic swimmers, boxers, talkshow hosts, politicians, average joes, barmaids and whatever else would stand in the way of their superiority.

You sound wholly insecure when it comes to your favorite subpar athlete, Fedor.

For example, Werdum is cool because he has this positive character and doesn't take himself too seriously. This sort of trait will always be respected, just like arrogance based on insecurity is eventually exposed in the eyes of intelligent people as well.

Hello? Anybody home? Yeah, we're talking sports competition here, not "who SlavicFury thinks has the best personality". There're rice farmers in the middle of nowhere with better personality traits than Werdum, and nobody gives 2 shits. They're subpar athletes who couldn't hack it in a more major sport, end of story. Having a better or worse personality doesn't make them any more or less respectable, as far as them being athletes.

Sport is about competing. The rules are set and everyone is welcome to give it a shot. Some sports are more demanding than others and yeah female judo is more demanding than WMMA. Only losers pick easy paths.

Wrestling is far more competitive than sambo, and Fedor picked the easy path the same way Rousey did. He doesn't hold a candle to someone like Aleksandr Karelin, just like Rousey doesn't hold a candle to Serena Williams.

I achieved more in life than Ronda. Speaking 6 languages fluently and having a basic knowledge of 3 more languages alone beats breaking arms of soccer moms for the amusement of retarded "just bleed" crowd and hyped-up feminists in any civilized society. I don't care about how much money she makes because an idiot can win a lottery (and she's the living example that it doesn't necessarily make people happy). What I want is to have a better MMA because I like fighting sports and I'll always speak up against negative trends like this Ronda hype coupled with UFC WWE-like approach. I also dislike how she and her fanbase dissrespect the king of fighting sports (boxing) with that stupid "I could beat Mayweather in THE OCTAGON" talk.

Getting defensive and boasting about your wholly unimpressive language skills on Sherdog. Talk about insecurity.

How is it different for the majority of male MMA fighters? Let's take a look at the UFC's current champion lineup:

-Werdum: couldn't make it into any major sport/Olympics.

-Jon Jones: couldn't hack it in football like his athletically superior brothers, quit wrestling in junior college because he got his girlfriend pregnant

-Daniel Cormier: couldn't medal in the Olympics. 2nd time he tried he had a panic attack and couldn't even compete

-Chris Weidman: personal best was 3rd in NCAA Division I wrestling. That's like 2 tiers below winning an Olympic bronze medal.

-Robbie Lawler: all-state wrestler, not even NCAA all-American. 3 tiers below Olympic bronze medalist.

-RDA: zero accolades in major sports/Olympics. Basically started doing BJJ to stop fighting in the streets

-Jose Aldo Jr.: started with football but realized he didn't have a remote chance to reach the top level, switched to the inferior sport of MMA and dominated

-Conor McGregor: similar to Aldo, started with football but couldn't hack it, switched to the inferior sport of MMA

-TJ Dillashaw: more or less a .50 wrestler in college, utterly mediocre. Had some 5th-10th placements at regional invitationals that aren't even worth mentioning.

-Demetrious Johnson: personal best was 2nd in state, 3 tiers below Olympic bronze medalist. Competed in other sports like track but was wholly unaccomplished.

-Cyborg Santos: couldn't hack it in any major sport so she went to handball and got discovered by MMA agent

-Joanna Jędrzejczyk: couldn't hack it in any major/Olympic sport, so went with a fringe sport like women's MT

There you go. The entire UFC championship lineup consist of subpar human athletes who ran away from real competition. Ronda Rousey, while a case of mediocrity herself, is actually one of the most accomplished out of this sad bunch.

Werdum is a adcc champ you retard, JJ a champ in Mt. By the way no sport JJ ever competed in was ever in the olympics.

Pick your points better you moron.

I really don't understand how people are buying this hype behind Rousey as if she's the best female fighter on the planet. She only has judo and there are obviously female judokas who are better than her. She basically ran away from real competition she had at judo to "compete" against soccer moms.

It paid off financially because the majority of people are simply plain stupid and in democratic-capitalist system it pays off being entertaining to retards, but from a moral point of view this is an act of cowardice.

She has extremely low character, it manifests everywhere. I wouldn't care much about her if it wasn't for the MMA community and USA media in general bombarding us with this Ronda Rousey hype. I can't watch MMA without having to endure this shit, it has to stop as soon as possible. She's the living image of everything that's wrong in the MMA right now.

gold medal post

lmfaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaao

at least we know LouisBolanos is not subpar at keyboard warfare :p

Werdum is a adcc champ you retard, JJ a champ in Mt. By the way no sport JJ ever competed in was ever in the olympics.

And my newphew was a world Yoyo champion. Learn to read much? I specifically said MAJOR SPORT. How many people play and follow football (soccer)? How many practise and follow BJJ or WOMEN'S MT? These UFC champions couldn't hack it in the major sports with vastly bigger, superior talent pools, so they went to the fringe sports to dominate. Aldo is the perfect example. World champion MMA fighter, club level soccer player who could never hold a candle to Lionel Messi. Look at the way Werdum moves, and then look at the way elite basketball/American football players that outweigh him by 50lbs move.

Yeah no shit no sport Joanna ever competed in was ever relevant enough to be in the Olympics or be a major professional sport. If she tried one of those she wouldn't be champion in the first place.

Funny how these hypocritical MMA fans dis subpar athletes like Ronda, while simultaneously praise even more subpar male athletes in MMA, and even Joanna Champion. Double standard much?

He has a very good point.
Arguably the greatest mixed martial artists ever, Jon Jones, couldn't even cut D1, yet alone a guaranteed career like his athletically superior brothers.

Arguably the greatest mixed martial artists ever, Jon Jones, couldn't even cut D1, yet alone a guaranteed career like his athletically superior brothers.

"Couldn't even cut it in D1" yet, the only reason he didn't cut it is that he had to reject a full ride scholarship to the best wrestling school in the nation.

Wow. You guys are like trying to sound stupid.

why do you guys talk like just being athletic is sufficient to be great at one sport
I would like to see Jon Jones's brother try to play football(soccer) and see how well he does

Back