Video : Ronda losing the Judo World Champions final in 2007 in Brazil

Baby fat is the worst excuse I have ever heard. You gain weight as you grow older.

Do you have a source on Cyborg walking away from a fight at 140?

Get the tissues because you'll be crying after this read.

Ronda isn't scared. It is pretty obvious that Cyborg is the reason the fight hasn't happened. She has ducked/ran, lied and changed her mind a hundred times about nearly everything you can think of over the last four years to the point that nothing she says or does can be taken seriously.

First, the histry of Ronda going to 135 is outlined in this historical sherdog thread:

http://forums.sherdog.com/forums/92583821-post954.html

Then, what happend next was that Ronda beat Budd and Cyborg got busted for steroids. Ronda still agrees to fight Cyborg at 145 (According to Cyborg and her lawyers) for the FW title. However, with Cyborg unable to get her suspension reduced SF gets rid of the 145 class, effectively cancelling the fight (Cyborg's ruins the fight #1).
http://www.mmamania.com/2012/4/9/29...on-upheld-strikeforce-ronda-rousey-female-mma

Cyborg then says she will fight Ronda at a catchweight of 140 (Aug 13, 2012)
http://www.mmamania.com/2012/8/13/3240734/cris-cyborg-ronda-rousey-fight-catchweight

To which Ronda's manager agrees with VADA drug and hair folicle testing (Aug 19)
http://www.mmamania.com/2012/8/20/3256102/ronda-rousey-drug-testing-cyborg-steroids-strikeforce-mma

To which Cyborg backs out almost instantly saying she "will fight at 145, no less" and that she is the champion (actually she wasn't, she was stripped of the belt), and Cyborg ruins the fight for a second time, and ducks Ronda directly for the first time.
http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/spor...ight-rousey-at-145-pounds----no-less/828222/1

Then the UFC buys SF and picks up Ronda's contract and creates the 135 class. Then, the UFC picks up Cyborg's contract and even offers to let her to go Invicta and make money while she trims down until she can make 135. They even offered to PAY Mike Dolce for her to help her lose the weight.

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2012/12/...es-services-to-get-cyborg-to-135-ronda-rousey
http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2014/12/...dy-fat-percentage-cain-velasquez-ronda-rousey

Cyborg responds by asking to be released from the UFC. (Cyborg ruins the fight #3, Cyborg ducks Ronda #2)

[YT]ngrOrDcT9Fg[/YT]
[YT]TnrI1l6qvO4[/YT]

Then, the UFC gets cozy with Invicta, puts them on fightpass and makes an agreement that Cyborg will get into the UFC if she makes 135. Cyborg signs a contract to make 135 in Dec 2014, but continues to lift weights on a daily basis and doesn't even try to cut the weight, pulling out of the fight and saying she will continue to fight at 145, but that she will still fight Ronda at 145, effectively ducking the fight again (duck #3) by not agreeing to the terms that will get her the bout agreement

This doesn't even take into account all the times Cyborg says she is going to 135, then she will die if she does, then she will be fine, then dead again ... etc.

Here is Cyborg weighing in at 140

cyborg-weighin.jpg

http://www.mmaontap.com/mma/entry/elitexc-unfinished-business-weigh-in-results

she doesn't exactly look like a concentration camp victim, she is still carrying a ton of muscle mass. She just has to drop five pounds of it and the fight is on. Cyborg is just too psychologically attached/addicted to her muscle mass to let it go. She knows she can keep her name in the headlines by barking at Ronda from a distance, while never having to actually take the fight.

Cyborg has no leverage to dictate the terms. Ronda is going nowhere, she is a stationary target, if Cyborg wants the fight, she knows where she has to go to get it.

The day before her Invicta weigh-in against Tweet, Cyborg said she could "make 140 tomorrow"
http://mmajunkie.com/2015/02/cyborg...ufc-champ-ronda-rousey-at-140-pounds-tomorrow

but since she says she currently walks around at 175
cyborg-175.jpg

that means she is saying she can fight at a weight 35 pounds below her walkaround weight, but claimed it was physically impossible, and maybe even fatal, if she tried to cut from her walkaround weight of 160 (see video above) down to 135 back when she asked to be released from the UFC, even though that is only 25 pounds. The only conclusion was that she JUST DIDN'T WANT THE FIGHT, since she could have clearly cut the weight.

So lose five pounds of muscle from where you were before and make the fight. The UFC wasn't willing to make a catchweight fight for Carano ("White made it clear that if such a fight would happen, it would have to occur at 135 pounds."), so they sure aren't going to make one for you.

http://www.mmafighting.com/2014/4/9...y-say-gina-carano-deserves-an-immediate-title

Quit running, or does she only want to fight with a huge weight advantage where she can alter the scale to make weight? Complete lack of class and sportsmanship.

http://www.mmaweekly.com/details-of-the-cyborg-vs-akano-controversy-2

Bonus-- Chael's words:

I know her (Cyborg) personally and she's a very nice gal. If you judge a book by the cover, you will be wrong about her. That said, the only person holding up that fight is her. Ronda Rousey is at 135 pounds in the UFC. She'll fight any 135 pound woman out there. Cyborg is not in the UFC and she is not 135 pounds.

Cris seems to be the one that wants the fight, but she's also the one holding it up. I appreciate her callouts and the intensity behind them, but the reality is still that she's dragging her feet here. She has to get to 135 to get into the UFC. That's all she has to do.

There's no other athlete in the world that will find an easier entry for a title fight. They didn't even do that for Lesnar. Cyborg literally has the golden ticket, and she's the one that hasn't made the weight. To talk about the fight when you're the one stopping it is bizarre.

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2015/3/6/8160737/chewing-the-fat-with-chael-sonnen-ufc-lesnar-rousey-cyborg-ny-mma-more

I really don't understand how people are buying this hype behind Rousey as if she's the best female fighter on the planet. She only has judo and there are obviously female judokas who are better than her. She basically ran away from real competition she had at judo to "compete" against soccer moms.

It paid off financially because the majority of people are simply plain stupid and in democratic-capitalist system it pays off being entertaining to retards, but from a moral point of view this is an act of cowardice.

She has extremely low character, it manifests everywhere. I wouldn't care much about her if it wasn't for the MMA community and USA media in general bombarding us with this Ronda Rousey hype. I can't watch MMA without having to endure this shit, it has to stop as soon as possible. She's the living image of everything that's wrong in the MMA right now.

This is the type of thing someone who doesn

How is it different for the majority of male MMA fighters? Let's take a look at the UFC's current champion lineup:

-Werdum: couldn't make it into any major sport/Olympics.

-Jon Jones: couldn't hack it in football like his athletically superior brothers, quit wrestling in junior college because he got his girlfriend pregnant

-Daniel Cormier: couldn't medal in the Olympics. 2nd time he tried he had a panic attack and couldn't even compete

-Chris Weidman: personal best was 3rd in NCAA Division I wrestling. That's like 2 tiers below winning an Olympic bronze medal.

-Robbie Lawler: all-state wrestler, not even NCAA all-American. 3 tiers below Olympic bronze medalist.

-RDA: zero accolades in major sports/Olympics. Basically started doing BJJ to stop fighting in the streets

-Jose Aldo Jr.: started with football but realized he didn't have a remote chance to reach the top level, switched to the inferior sport of MMA and dominated

-Conor McGregor: similar to Aldo, started with football but couldn't hack it, switched to the inferior sport of MMA

-TJ Dillashaw: more or less a .50 wrestler in college, utterly mediocre. Had some 5th-10th placements at regional invitationals that aren't even worth mentioning.

-Demetrious Johnson: personal best was 2nd in state, 3 tiers below Olympic bronze medalist. Competed in other sports like track but was wholly unaccomplished.

-Cyborg Santos: couldn't hack it in any major sport so she went to handball and got discovered by MMA agent

-Joanna Jędrzejczyk: couldn't hack it in any major/Olympic sport, so went with a fringe sport like women's MT

There you go. The entire UFC championship lineup consist of subpar human athletes who ran away from real competition. Ronda Rousey, while a case of mediocrity herself, is actually one of the most accomplished out of this sad bunch.

The real competition you are talking about is welcome to step into the cage. Anybody can go play judo but the real arena of combat is in the cage. Ronda is not the coward.

giphy.gif

She won the Olympic gold medal with a broken neck...wait that was Kurt Angle my bad.

On a side note casual fans are the ones who seem to like her more. Fans that keep up with mma and know how ronda is don't usually like her. If you like someone thats full of herself,looks down on you and me,arrogant,disrespectful and the opposite of honorable then you might need to check yourself. Yea I know they might think shes pretty and they like watching her dominance but the way someone handles themselves out of the cage is what matters more then winning. True champs are good in the cage and honorable outside.

because Judo and mma are the same sport. Winning.

I really don't understand how people are buying this hype behind Rousey as if she's the best female fighter on the planet. She only has judo and there are obviously female judokas who are better than her. She basically ran away from real competition she had at judo to "compete" against soccer moms.

It paid off financially because the majority of people are simply plain stupid and in democratic-capitalist system it pays off being entertaining to retards, but from a moral point of view this is an act of cowardice.

She has extremely low character, it manifests everywhere. I wouldn't care much about her if it wasn't for the MMA community and USA media in general bombarding us with this Ronda Rousey hype. I can't watch MMA without having to endure this shit, it has to stop as soon as possible. She's the living image of everything that's wrong in the MMA right now.

Hahaha, what the fuck.

On a side note casual fans are the ones who seem to like her more. Fans that keep up with mma and know how ronda is don't usually like her. If you like someone thats full of herself,looks down on you and me,arrogant,disrespectful and the opposite of honorable then you might need to check yourself. Yea I know they might think shes pretty and they like watching her dominance but the way someone handles themselves out of the cage is what matters more then winning. True champs are good in the cage and honorable outside.

And yet, the Rousey, Weidman, McGregor, and Emelianenko haters like Jon Jones and Anderson Silva. :rolleyes:

The good news is that she provides countless "before photos" for a cosmetic company ad campaign.

Give the other girl 3 months of MMA training and she mauls Ronda.

Wow, what an inspiring technique, the pure aestheticism of human movement and skill, athleticism at its finest. This is to sport what Wagner is to music, the essence of pure perfection which takes even a born genious and a prodigy decades to master. The beauty of this moment makes the entire humanity sigh in relief and think about the progress it has made.

WMMA is truly an incredible sight to see.

It's such a revolutionary change because humanity has always praised women for their looks and their femininity while through WMMA we now know that the true beauty of a woman is seen when she's punched in the face violently by Ronda Rousey. Only ignorants don't see this change yet, they will look stupid very soon when history trashes them and their ignorant sexism to garbage bin.

Indeed, they are all failures compared to elite athletes, there is only one exception in the history of MMA and that is Fedor, the only man in MMA who in my opinion is truly unique and worthy of respect. I still like most of the fighters you mention and respect what they do, but unlike the insecure MMA community I don't live through their fighting ability and their hypothetical overwhelming success in fighting olympic swimmers, boxers, talkshow hosts, politicians, average joes, barmaids and whatever else would stand in the way of their superiority.

For example, Werdum is cool because he has this positive character and doesn't take himself too seriously. This sort of trait will always be respected, just like arrogance based on insecurity is eventually exposed in the eyes of intelligent people as well.

No it's not. By your logic the entire existence of judo, boxing, wrestling etc. was practically useless until one French (or was he Dutch? can't remember...) kickboxer knocked the tooth out of some sumo guy's mouth in that cold november of 1993 in the one and only TRUE ARENA OF COMBAT.

Sport is about competing. The rules are set and everyone is welcome to give it a shot. Some sports are more demanding than others and yeah female judo is more demanding than WMMA. Only losers pick easy paths.

I achieved more in life than Ronda. Speaking 6 languages fluently and having a basic knowledge of 3 more languages alone beats breaking arms of soccer moms for the amusement of retarded "just bleed" crowd and hyped-up feminists in any civilized society. I don't care about how much money she makes because an idiot can win a lottery (and she's the living example that it doesn't necessarily make people happy). What I want is to have a better MMA because I like fighting sports and I'll always speak up against negative trends like this Ronda hype coupled with UFC WWE-like approach. I also dislike how she and her fanbase dissrespect the king of fighting sports (boxing) with that stupid "I could beat Mayweather in THE OCTAGON" talk.

lol sucks to be you..

You may want to talk to someone, a professional therapist

Seriously

Ronda fans being insecure and having a need to reply to my reality-check mission of mercy post with silly GIFs and uncreative one-liners. Who would have guessed... Every post of yours without any reasonable argumentation whatsoever sounds like a head hitting the canvas. The more you quote my post the more it echoes.

To put it in a language that a "just bleed" UFC simpleton could understand, in this thread I already achieved many KOs, a couple of TKOs and right now you're witnessing a flying armbar grabbing the weak foundation on which you base your irrational love for the Dana White's fraud known as Ronda, tearing it away like nothing. Tap out now or you will suffer.

You have to realize that WMMA is irrelevant. It's hard to tell the kids that Santa is fake but someone has to do it at some point.
World class trolling bro...

Back