Video Released of Paul O'Neal Shooting.

Cops don't get to use getting shot at as an excuse for kicking someone. I don't know about punishment or grand jury, but i'm certain some internal punishment will take place.
One kick is hardly anything. I can understand if they kicked him multiple times or even if they kicked him in the head. Most won't care that a cop kicked him once out of anger

I was talking about that brown cop, not the guy with the camera.

It is going to mean something....Now they can point out to the kick which is totally illegal.

I never expected a jury to convict a cop...It's pretty damn hard...but I do expect concerns to raised about the police department and the kick will be a focus point.
What concerns? You think people are going to wonder about the training in this police department because one cop, in a moment of anger, kicked a guy in the shoulder who was trying to kill them?

Again, it has to be pointed out that cops aren't robots so it's silly to hold them to this impossible standard of never getting emotional when their life is in danger. When it becomes egregious (multiples kicks or a kick to the head), then there will be a discussion.

Yea I missed the part where they roughed him up.

And, TS, you actually care that a cop is annoyed he's going to be on desk duty (presumably due to the mandatory investigation) for 30 days? C'mon now
He just took a life but the bad part os that he has to soend one month of his life working indoors. That doesn't sound like a person devoid of emotion.

That is outrages the poor guy was just about to turn his life around right after he tried to kill the cop with his stolen car.
Shouldn't kick a suspect of course.

I am wondering if its ok for the cops to shoot that many shots into the car in that neighborhood. Do cops usually do that in case of car theft? Or did the situation changed after he tried to run over the cops?

Meh. My biggest objection is that the cop ran the stop sign. Literally.

Which cop are you meaning? Do the screen cap thing so we can see what you're talking about
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Super slow mo Gifs I created....See the video, you can see the speed/power and you can even hear the kick.

One kick is hardly anything. I can understand if they kicked him multiple times or even if they kicked him in the head. Most won't care that a cop kicked him once out of anger
Maybe in normal times, but in this climate... You got a microscope on you. Pressure from the top down. Media will pick up on it. Police are going to have to crack down on the obvious shit.

He didn't deserve to get kicked while being arrested, but he damn sure earned that bullet.

What concerns? You think people are going to wonder about the training in this police department because one cop, in a moment of anger, kicked a guy in the shoulder who was trying to kill them?

Again, it has to be pointed out that cops aren't robots so it's silly to hold them to this impossible standard of never getting emotional when their life is in danger. When it becomes egregious (multiples kicks or a kick to the head), then there will be a discussion.

Sorry it's unacceptable and people are gonna get mad about it...Sorry thats how life is, specially for cops since they are paid by the state.

Bro there's already been cops who have kicked to the head or worse....The discussion has already start it.

He just took a life but the bad part os that he has to soend one month of his life working indoors. That doesn't sound like a person devoid of emotion.
Shame on him for not having more sympathy after killing the guy that was just trying to kill him.

The ME will meet with the mayor and it will be deemed that the kick killed him.

I guess it looks fine but wouldn't I go to jail if I shot a guy in the back running away from me?

Sorry it's unacceptable and people are gonna get mad about it...Sorry thats how life is, specially for cops since they are paid by the state.

Bro there's already been cops who have kicked to the head or worse....The discussion has already start it.
You really think this? A very small vocal minority may get mad but the VAST majority of people won't care. I don't see why you keep mentioning that they're paid by taxpayer money as if where their salary comes from means they are held to an inhumane level of "professionalism".

I know there have been cops who have kicked suspects in the head. I called that action egregious multiple times in this thread. This suspect was not kicked in the head from what I saw.

I guess it looks fine but wouldn't I go to jail if I shot a guy in the back running away from me?
If a guy shot at you multiple times and ran away, you think cops are required to hold their fire until the suspect turns back around. What if he's shooting behind him while he is running away?

You really think this? A very small vocal minority may get mad but the VAST majority of people won't care. I don't see why you keep mentioning that they're paid by taxpayer money as if where their salary comes from means they are held to an inhumane level of "professionalism".

I know there have been cops who have kicked suspects in the head. I called that action egregious multiple times in this thread. This suspect was not kicked in the head from what I saw.

You are not suppose to kick a person while they are subdued....That vocal minority will put pressure on that police department.

He did wrong...cops are under scrutiny right now.....That guy just fucked his whole police department.

I don't understand whats hard to get from this? Sorry this is the reality.

The reasoning is that as a cop you can shoot to stop somebody driving madly with a car trying to run over people.

You are not suppose to kick a person while they are subdued....That vocal minority will put pressure on that police department.

He did wrong...cops are under scrutiny right now.....That guy just fucked his whole police department.

I don't understand whats hard to get from this? Sorry this is the reality.
No, you don't quite have a grasp on reality. Cops are being scrutinized for seemingly unjustified killings and egregious behavior. Most people aren't going to give a damn that this cop kicked the guy in the shoulder once after almost being killed by this suspect.

I even bet many people will think the suspect deserved it.

When exactly was Paul shot? while in the car?

Back