Crime Video released of Ohio officers beating restrained inmate in jail after turning off body cameras

lol.. Nice job
You’ve been more reasonable since, but I was responding to you saying I was likely a piece of shit and you wouldn’t care if I was murdered, so that was the level of discourse I felt was appropriate at the time.

Because you haven't caught on yet, I a more about getting you to understand how tough the job is and to actually respect those on the force for dealing with the levels of shit they have to deal with on the daily and yet do not succumb to raw emotion that would envelope both of us.

You entered the thread instantly shitting on all cops, ya?

Cops as a whole are shit humans and I think this thread has helped us to understand why. I still shit on all cops and I understand how tough the job is...

You want a novel idea? How about when you get the point where you have to plant drugs on an innocent person, beat a person in restraints, racially profile, or shoot an unarmed person you should look for new work. Accountability right?

You’ve been more reasonable since, but I was responding to you saying I was likely a piece of shit and you wouldn’t care if I was murdered, so that was the level of discourse I felt was appropriate at the time.

Not you as an individual but unfortunately most of us see police as a whole. It's probably not a fair characterization but we tend to generalize here in the war room. I never want to see anyone killed but every time I see that a police officer was killed I immediately think about their families and after that I think about all the videos of them abusing their power.

I wish you the best personally

Cops as a whole are shit humans and I think this thread has helped us to understand why. I still shit on all cops and I understand how tough the job is...

You want a novel idea? How about when you get the point where you have to plant drugs on an innocent person, beat a person in restraints, racially profile, or shoot an unarmed person you should look for new work. Accountability right?

I would agree some cops are shitty humans. Like if a cop watched young girls get drugged in order to be raped and the cops stood by and did nothing. Those cops would be shit hunans

I completely disagree with this... I actually believe the average citizen would do a much much better job. I blame the gang like culture police have. It's the us vs them mentality and that is always bad for the public
But everyone gets sucked into Us vs Them.
Milgrim Experiment showed what hierarchy and new power does to people.
People get into it over sportsteams, sides of the street they are from, look at us on here.

It’s easy to log on to Sherdog and go, “Well, obviously I wouldn’t beat a restrained man, what lousy pieces of shit.” It’s different, day after day, dealing with criminals, people hating you simply for the uniform you wear, encounter after encounter, gnawing at you and changing your perspective.

I’m not in favour of the vid in the TS, but perspectives can change quickly.

We bag on the courts, I do too, but there is fucking zero due process with Me Too, or anything to do with Trump or any other high profile person. I’m talking on here, Twitter, in my life - people call for others heads on mere heresay. I think you may have in this very thread.

I don’t know anything about this particular case, but I can guarantee that someone could make a movie where a guy who raped a cops daughter gets caught, and the scene where the cop has got him tied up and is beating him would make us all happy, vindicated.

As far as the bigger picture - cops definitely DO more violence than the average citizen. And they ARE a gang. But power corrupts. Most people simply aren’t in a gang where they can conceivably take their anger out on someone behind the scenes. And they are tame compared to other gangs.

Men commit much more violence than women, yet more infant violence is done by women. Two things there - proximity and the fact that most women don’t have physical power over most men, but they do over babies.

People are bad, and SO inclined to groupthink. Cops are people, but they’ve at least gone through a process, at least I know the RCMP is hard to get into (if you are white, moreso). I’m willing to accept that cops in the States get in easier. @D 1 Wrestler

Nothing like a good ole beating to build some character.

But everyone gets sucked into Us vs Them.
Milgrim Experiment showed what hierarchy and new power does to people.
People get into it over sportsteams, sides of the street they are from, look at us on here.

It’s easy to log on to Sherdog and go, “Well, obviously I wouldn’t beat a restrained man, what lousy pieces of shit.” It’s different, day after day, dealing with criminals, people hating you simply for the uniform you wear, encounter after encounter, gnawing at you and changing your perspective.

I’m not in favour of the vid in the TS, but perspectives can change quickly.

We bag on the courts, I do too, but there is fucking zero due process with Me Too, or anything to do with Trump or any other high profile person. I’m talking on here, Twitter, in my life - people call for others heads on mere heresay. I think you may have in this very thread.

I don’t know anything about this particular case, but I can guarantee that someone could make a movie where a guy who raped a cops daughter gets caught, and the scene where the cop has got him tied up and is beating him would make us all happy, vindicated.

As far as the bigger picture - cops definitely DO more violence than the average citizen. And they ARE a gang. But power corrupts. Most people simply aren’t in a gang where they can conceivably take their anger out on someone behind the scenes. And they are tame compared to other gangs.

Men commit much more violence than women, yet more infant violence is done by women. Two things there - proximity and the fact that most women don’t have physical power over most men, but they do over babies.

People are bad, and SO inclined to groupthink. Cops are people, but they’ve at least gone through a process, at least I know the RCMP is hard to get into (if you are white, moreso). I’m willing to accept that cops in the States get in easier. @D 1 Wrestler

Good post and I agree with most of it.

The difference is that usually when we team up by street or company peoples lives aren't on the line and neither are their freedoms. I guess we should all acknowledge policing is a SUPER tough profession but what the officers did in the OP is disgusting at best and worth 10 years in prison (imo) at worst.

Maybe I will lighten up a bit on the anti-police thing and do a better job trying to understand their positions which this thread has helped me to do.

For all of you cop lovers what are the chances this happens much more than you give credit for?

it's horrible and disgusting.

Not defending the officers, but the guy they are punching probably throws his poop at the officers or pisses and spits on them any chance he can get. They call guys like that "poop bombers".

Not saying this guy did that or deserved it. but there's probably reasons other than "look at this psycho cop, I bet all cops do that".

I stand corrected... Well played
I think the "street" one is completely dependent on area of the country. Washington for the most part? Doesn't fucking matter.

Utah, California, New York, and Boston? SLC there are suburbs that are Norteno and others that are Sureno and if you're a Sureno in a Norteno neighborhood all you could be doing is getting a Slurpee at 711 as you pass through you MIGHT get jumped.

Boston, some people are called Southie's.

I would imagine it's a BIT more prevalent in areas either with high gang activity or that are very old neighborhoods like New York with the different boroughs.

Good post and I agree with most of it.

The difference is that usually when we team up by street or company peoples lives aren't on the line and neither are their freedoms. I guess we should all acknowledge policing is a SUPER tough profession but what the officers did in the OP is disgusting at best and worth 10 years in prison (imo) at worst.

Maybe I will lighten up a bit on the anti-police thing and do a better job trying to understand their positions which this thread has helped me to do.
I..... just don’t know what to say to the new Zeb.

Yes, without knowledge of background, these cops looks to be in big trouble, deservedly.

And, as someone posted at the top of this - yes, I bet there is more of this than we suspect.

I’m not really saying cops are great, rather that we turn a harder magnifying glass on ‘their’ faults than on ourselves. That’s an Us and Them thing, which is what I agreed with most on your post, except it was applied only to Them. People do THAT all the time. I’ve always said you could split 100 people into red shirts and blue shirts, and have them killing each other before very long. Celine, in Journey to the End of the Night talks about war simply being the leaders in country A telling their people that the people in country B called their mom’s whores, and vice versa. We have two separated lunchrooms at work. I’ve got friends on either side, and you can go back and forth and watch the bullshit grow. Not by stirring it up, just because it’s easier to call out someone’s mistakes when they aren’t there. Then people get a laugh for it, and a narrative is born and begins to be raised. I’ve got buddies in different departments there, too, and I can walk into the electricians lunchroom and listen to how dumb the millwrights or production crew are. I’ve been there long enough, and hung out with enough from every spot that it’s very obvious it’s just 300 regular guys with a few really good guys and a few real assholes, that have been separated into echo chambers.
People are silly as shit. I don’t think cops are the good guys, but I do believe they have a hard eye on them which handcuffs them to a big degree, and that between that, the screening process of testing and the fact that they are always the bad guy in the public eye, well I think it would be tough to stick it out unless you wanted to help the greater good more than you care about your own popularity. Although, I will admit, that it would also be worth sticking it out if you wanted to do some nasty shit behind the scenes...... but I think you could just do that as a civilian, too. Follow someone home in a car, put a balaclava on and beat him in a dark alley.

There are a lot of great police officers around the country, they just don’t turn up on the news for doing their jobs with integrity.

Police officers only get attention when they do something very heroic in an incident that happens to be highly publicized, or when they do something terrible.

The fact that police officers have so much power makes the terrible things a few of them do very scary. But I have had police officer friends and have encountered police officers who were very good people.

If cops were a race....you would be a...?

You can't vilify an entire group of people over the actions of a few.

;)

Their are good cops out there. You just won't see them in the news being promoted or in headlines or articles... They don't get any clicks.

There are a lot of great police officers around the country, they just don’t turn up on the news for doing their jobs with integrity.

Police officers only get attention when they do something very heroic in an incident that happens to be highly publicized, or when they do something terrible.

The fact that police officers have so much power makes the terrible things a few of them do very scary. But I have had police officer friends and have encountered police officers who were very good people.
There's a quote from the Black Hawk Down book that pertains to this... I paraphrase but:
"If we had done our job over there you wouldn't even know we exist"

If cops were a race....you would be a...?

You can't vilify an entire group of people over the actions of a few.

;)

Their are good cops out there. You just won't see them in the news being promoted or in headlines or articles... They don't get any clicks.

Is it a few though? I think it's more than a few but I understand your point and it's well taken. I of course agree there are good cops, without question. I think it's just the bad ones do so much freaking damage and I rarely if ever hear the good ones call out the bad ones. Either way, I learned something in this thread and I appreciate you assholes

What a disgrace to the badge. Any officer who abuses their power does not deserve the honor of being a police officer.

Is it a few though? I think it's more than a few but I understand your point and it's well taken. I of course agree there are good cops, without question. I think it's just the bad ones do so much freaking damage and I rarely if ever hear the good ones call out the bad ones. Either way, I learned something in this thread and I appreciate you assholes
So, this is from Wiki but it's the only spot where I could personally find quick the "stats" that include local, state, and federal (as far as I can tell)
Demographics[edit]
Historically speaking, law enforcement has been a male-dominated profession. Approximately 18,000 law enforcement agencies make up this country ranging from federal, state, and local police with more than 1.1 million people employed.[66] There are around 12,000 local law enforcement agencies, obviously the biggest out of the three types.[66] In the most recent of surveys done in 2013, the Law Enforcement Management and Administrative Statistics found that 72.8% of local police offices are made up of white people. Black or African American came in second with 12.2% and Latino or Hispanic came in third with just 11.6%. Women made up only 17% of full-time sworn in officers.[66] This huge gap in gender and in a race has set off a national trend for police departments to become more diverse. Law enforcement and more specifically police have made an effort to become more diverse in order to establish a better community relationship with police. This comes as a direct result from the police-related shootings and riots that have occurred within the past decade as tension is growing between police and the communities that they serve.[66]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Law_enforcement_in_the_United_States#Demographics

Two highlighted portions for emphasis.

If we have 1.1 million people as cops employed at at most you get what?... 72 in Philly last week and these 3 idiots this week so far fucking up?

That's like a .0075% of their total "population" fucking up in the last two weeks (that we know of). I'm sure that 1.1 million might include staffing people that never leave their desk or keep track of evidence lockers or guard the armory and shit but still.

I think that in the grand scheme of things it is relatively few. The frightening part is not how many dirty cops there are, it is the amount of damage a single dirty cop can do to countless lives.

Just as an example, to how many innocent people do you think this one guy may have caused harm? Now that they know he was dirty they have already overturned 14 of his cases. He framed at least 8 people for murder.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Louis_N._Scarcella

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ny...egion/nypd-detective-louis-scarcella.amp.html

I think that in the grand scheme of things it is relatively few. The frightening part is not how many dirty cops there are, it is the amount of damage a single dirty cop can do to countless lives.

Just as an example, to how many innocent people do you think this one guy may have caused harm? Now that they know he was dirty they have already overturned 14 of his cases. He framed at least 8 people for murder.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Louis_N._Scarcella

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ny...egion/nypd-detective-louis-scarcella.amp.html

Thanks and it's kind of equivalent I suppose to a nurse who kills. He or she can do so much damage and even kill numerous people but the entire nursing profession is more likely filled with a bunch of absolute saints.

I think I watched a documentary on this cop you speak of (edit, no this is a relatively new case)

Back