Video: RDA training for mcgregor

True it's more of a training montage of other fights than it is for Conor but still cool none the less.

Logic is telling me RDA wins this fight. He is the stronger man and is a champion. However, I won't ever bet against Conor.

Early prediction:

RDA beats Conor up most of the fight.

Conor's chin holds up.

Conor gets the TKO when RDA tires in later rounds.

Just his workouts with pad work, no drills, sparring, or rolling.

But i thought RDA's team put this up, it's fan made with a lot of it from his last fight... so I guess I'll just shut up and enjoy

God, look at how dense he is... I think people are underestimating Rafael's size in this match-up, and that Conor is going to be surprised at how hard dos Anjos hits him. His low kicks are more of a factor than Aldo's were, as well, as he is NOT averse to throwing southpaw left kicks to the lead (right) leg. It'd be interesting to see if that plays a part in his plans to deal with the left hand of McGregor. He shellacked the lead leg of Nate Diaz and Conor doesn't exactly switch stances.

More than that, I know that dos Anjos can fight other southpaws, but we haven't really seen Conor fight against another southpaw besides Poirier, who frankly isn't a technical striker and did manage to land a few outside low kicks on Conor which he wasn't able to counter, although he eventually dropped him so it didn't really matter.

It's a very interesting fight, though. I can't say that Conor doesn't have a chance to hurt and finish RDA after what he did to Aldo, but I feel as though people are assuming that Conor at 155 will look the exact same as Conor at 145. I mean, perhaps he'll look even better and dust this guy off in a minute like he says. All I can say is that I'll certainly be extremely impressed if he does. RDA has fought some of the hardest competition in MMA.

Last edited:
RDA crumbles.. Hes going to feel pressure like never before. Then he makes bullrush into Conors left and gets knocked into next week..

Never mind him. He has no clue. Nick Curson (RDA's S&C coach, also Werdum's) is amazing. Look at what he has done with RDA and Werdum in the conditioning department. Every bit of that training is functional for fighting. Nick comes from The Marinovich Brothers. The same guys that made BJ Penn a beast (for a spell).

Regardless of who you're a fan of, it'd be nice if we could all admit that this is an awesome time to be an MMA fan. Despite all the bullshit (Zuffa/Reebok fuckery) this fight is gonna be absurdly enjoyable, and it got put together relatively quick and without numerous hurdles. I, for one, am loving it.

I agree...for someone who watches CMac to lose(more so in spite of his fans but I totally appreciate his shtick and he's probably the coolest dude IRL tho) and think the jury is still out on him as a complete fighter, I think he's still in good shape if he loses RDA. He "lost to a bigger dude", no one can criticize his heart or taking the gamble of a lifetime. He just goes back back down to FW and gives the Aldo the rematch (which is hard to argue he doesn't deserves when compared to previous champions) or Frankie...if he wins those decisively then he should retire before some rabid wrestler eventually shows up and grapple fucks him.

Regardless of who you're a fan of, it'd be nice if we could all admit that this is an awesome time to be an MMA fan. Despite all the bullshit (Zuffa/Reebok fuckery) this fight is gonna be absurdly enjoyable, and it got put together relatively quick and without numerous hurdles. I, for one, am loving it.

Same here.
Love or hate Conor, but he made this fight.

Looks like he's on the path to overtrain

Same here.
Love or hate Conor, but he made this fight.

Yup. Don't see how anybody can call him "hype" anymore.

Did exactly what he said he was going to, consistently, en route to 13-second KO'ing the arguably p4p #1, undefeated for over 10 years champion in Aldo. He now sought out the LW champ.

This is an insane fight. Betting against Conor is not wise, in my opinion. In fact, smart money would probably be on whatever he says is going to happen.

I dont see any flow or improv in his movement. Only drilled patterns. This looks like the best version of the past/current gen fighters. Where Conor, Scoggins and Wonderboy is examples of the next gen fighters.
Im banking on Conor for this one. Easy money!

looks like a robot at least he'll be in shape for the fight. im still picking conor.

What are haters going to say when Conor KO's him?

"RDA was overrated blah blah blah"

Back