[video] Police killed suspect in confrontation, necessary?

It seems that the liberty of owning a personal fire-arm in America, comes with the price of being used for target practise by American cops.

If carrying a weapon means that you are liable to get shot without consequences, then one has to wonder whether there is any "liberty" in carrying a weapon.

We can safely cross the Second Amendment off the list, as another lost liberty for the Americans. Being a gun owner, merely means you're an animal to be hunted down, nowadays. An endangered species, one could say.

Last edited:
either he pulls it out or one of the cops does, the cop ends up with it and shoots. If the cops pulled the gun out then shot him as he ran away that'd be bad news, if the guy pulled the gun out then all bets are off and I'd have no problem with the shoot.
Yeah, the cop said he saw the suspect pull the gun and had to wrestle it out of him. But then the suspect ended up 20 ft from where he was tackled that meant he was probably shot in the back too while his gun was in the cop's hands.

In this situation i can understand them shooting him.

It seems that the liberty of owning a personal fire-arm in America, comes with the price of being used for target practise by American cops.

If carrying a weapon means that you are liable to get shot without consequences, then one has to wonder whether there is any "liberty" in carrying a weapon.

We can safely cross the Second Amendment off the list, as another lost liberty for the Americans. Being a gun owner, merely means you're an animal to be hunted down, nowadays. An endangered species, one could say.
That's weird. I carry and have yet to be hunted or harassed for it. Then again, I don't go flaunting it around to cops, in these type of situations.

That's weird. I carry and have yet to be hunted or harassed for it. Then again, I don't go flaunting it around to cops, in these type of situations.

Key word being, yet.

The moment you find yourself in a compromising position while carrying a gun, you'll be left in a pool of your own blood.

Key word being, yet.

The moment you find yourself in a compromising position while carrying a gun, you'll be left in a pool of your own blood.
Compromising position? Such as being a convicted felon illegally carrying a firearm, brandishing said firearm to the police, then running from the police, which led to a struggle and getting shot. He fkd up and was shot because he was an idiot.

Key word being, yet.

giphy.gif

Why on earth would a cop ever shoot someone with their own gun? It makes no sense. Why are you picking up a suspect's gun? Why are you shooting someone who's been disarmed? Why don't you have your service weapon drawn?
It was difficult to see exactly what happened but in the heat of a struggle for a weapon, if the suspect was still resisting, it was certainly justified. Plus, there is no telling at that point weather or not that was the only weapon the suspect had. Do not resist arrest and do not pull a weapon on a police officer is the moral of the story.

Compromising position? Such as being a convicted felon illegally carrying a firearm, brandishing said firearm to the police, then running from the police, which led to a struggle and getting shot. He fkd up and was shot because he was an idiot.

At what point did you see him brandinshing a firearm to the police?

He said he had nothing on him, then he was grabbed the cop, decided to take flight, was wrestled down and shot a dozen times by the cop.

At what point did you see him brandinshing a firearm to the police?

He said he had nothing on him, then he was grabbed the cop, decided to take flight, was wrestled down and shot a dozen times by the cop.

Maybe brandishing was a bit much..my apologies. The officer clearly states "you have a gun on you, do not reach in your pockets" because he could see the gun printing in his pocket.
He was not grabbed by the officer first....he ran first. 1:52 in the video he clearly tries to flee before the officer touches him.
He was a convicted felon and was unlawfully carrying a firearm which is most likely why he was reluctant to walk over to the officers and ran.
Basically the guy was a lifetime criminal and his chosen lifestyle finally cost him his life.

carrying a concealed weapon proceeds to resist arrest...gets shot....justified IMO.

I personally, do not find this shooting very ambiguous. The guy has a gun, he is a convicted felon, and he runs. After my kind of footchase(short) a brief struggle occurs and the suslect's gun goes off. Officer 2 then fires his duty weapon, while officer 1 uses Ther perp's gun.

Under TN v Garner(fleeing felon rule) police officers can shoot a fleeing felon for s serious crime if the escape of that subject presents an immediate threat to the community. Not knowing if he had another gun, plus the discharge of his gun prompted both officers to shoot this guy. This is also after they charged
, chased, and wrestled with the guy knowing he had a gun. That rules out calling these cops pussies of cowards.

I think, given the circumstances, the shooting was justified, and I think a reasonable officer, given the information available to the officers at that time, without 20/20 hindsight(he had no second gun), with the subject actively fleeing and resisting from a serious crime involving a firearm- would find this justified under the fourth amendment. These are the graham factors. So graham c connor and tn vs garner are both met here.

Here are my issues with this shooting. I believe the officers could have had a bit better communication skills in the very beginning. I think explaining why they were there, and what is going to happen could have helped. "Hey sir, we got a call that you were acting suspicious. I need you to come over here and talk to me. I am going to check you for any weapons, then we will sort this out. Do you have any weapons on your person at this time?"

That was just an observation. But what really bothered me was the lack of medical care immediately after shooting this guy. If I shot someone, I would have my fingers in every hole like Jody foster trying to stop(cause?) a leak in a dike. If he dies, he dies-but it would not be because everyone just watched for five minutes. You're at a convenience store. Grab a coffee and a handful of napkins and get to work.

Just my thoughts.

I personally, do not find this shooting very ambiguous. The guy has a gun, he is a convicted felon, and he runs. After my kind of footchase(short) a brief struggle occurs and the suslect's gun goes off. Officer 2 then fires his duty weapon, while officer 1 uses Ther perp's gun.

Under TN v Garner(fleeing felon rule) police officers can shoot a fleeing felon for s serious crime if the escape of that subject presents an immediate threat to the community. Not knowing if he had another gun, plus the discharge of his gun prompted both officers to shoot this guy. This is also after they charged
, chased, and wrestled with the guy knowing he had a gun. That rules out calling these cops pussies of cowards.

I think, given the circumstances, the shooting was justified, and I think a reasonable officer, given the information available to the officers at that time, without 20/20 hindsight(he had no second gun), with the subject actively fleeing and resisting from a serious crime involving a firearm- would find this justified under the fourth amendment. These are the graham factors. So graham c connor and tn vs garner are both met here.

Here are my issues with this shooting. I believe the officers could have had a bit better communication skills in the very beginning. I think explaining why they were there, and what is going to happen could have helped. "Hey sir, we got a call that you were acting suspicious. I need you to come over here and talk to me. I am going to check you for any weapons, then we will sort this out. Do you have any weapons on your person at this time?"

That was just an observation. But what really bothered me was the lack of medical care immediately after shooting this guy. If I shot someone, I would have my fingers in every hole like Jody foster trying to stop(cause?) a leak in a dike. If he dies, he dies-but it would not be because everyone just watched for five minutes. You're at a convenience store. Grab a coffee and a handful of napkins and get to work.

Just my thoughts.
Do we know they didnt? He was still kind of moving and the video here cuts out after they cuff him. Do we know they didnt try to put pressure to his wounds after that?

The other cop almost shot his partner when he fired the first single shot then moved to the left he was panic shooting he couldn't see what was happening, it looked like the guy was just trying to get away of course they will portray it the way they want to portray it

yeah he looks young and inexperienced. Another thing I thought of... if the cops came with their guns drawn the suspect would have surrendered and still be alive.

Why on earth would a cop ever shoot someone with their own gun? It makes no sense. Why are you picking up a suspect's gun? Why are you shooting someone who's been disarmed? Why don't you have your service weapon drawn?
Stop trying to make us feel sorry for gun-wielding pieces of shit who don't comply, and appear to flee (to gain distance) only after first attempting to pull their weapon after lying about having one in the first place. What odds you willing to lay that weapon ain't registered? What odds you willing to lay he's not a felon who could legally purchase one if he even wanted to stay on the up-and-up?

You think that cop left his house that morning thinking, "God, I really wish I could get into a gunfight today." After the past two years you really think any cop in the USA is chomping at the bit for that shitshow?

#ProjectExile if you want the killings and violence to stop in the inner communities (or in Utah, for that matter). When you spend all your time shedding tears for wolves and obsessing about the color of their fur; how can you act surprised when your pasture is drenched in the blood of sheep? That's the only color you should care about: red. Sheep, sheepdogs, and wolves alike bleed it. Sheep don't kill sheep.

Did that guy look or act like a sheep? How have you guys already forgotten that this nonsense is what got Trump elected?

I think the shoot was justified, like someone else mentioned I got the impression he was working up the courage to pull the gun. when he bolted off he was depending on the cops not shooting to gain some distance to pull the gun. My biggest gripe of it all was the officer firing off that panic shot when his partner was engaged with the suspect. Its hard to tell from the video but it looks like he fired when they were overwelmingly close to each other and his partner was at an angle that blocked the suspect.

Back