Video of Luis Sapo Santos vs Rafael Silva at ONE today. (No spoiler)

"Sapo, the man that Rich Franklin says looks like he doesn't have a soul"

lmao.

Nice fight, beautiful knee

That misdirection he did of trying to pass the guard one way then going the other way and exposing the guy's head for the soccer kick was pretty awesome.

Nice! That knee was perfectly timed. I feel like sapo has shown some improvement as of late despite being in the game for a while

Nice! That knee was perfectly timed. I feel like sapo has shown some improvement as of late despite being in the game for a while

The guy is pretty scary. I'm a bit worried for Askren in the rematch. I wish I could get more details on their new weigh-in system too. With Sapo being in America training, I want to know how they are verifying his weight the weeks leading up to the fight to ensure no dehydration tactics to make weight.

Last edited:
He's become a scary guy. Anyone else reminded of Raphael Dos Anjos?

Rafael Silva is a lame opponent for your nº1 contender

The guy is pretty scary. I'm a bit worried for Askren in the rematch. I wish I could get more details on their new weigh-in system too. With Sapo being in America training, I want to know how they are verifying his weight the weeks leading up to the fight to ensure no dehydration tactics to make weight.
If the rematch actually happens I'll be rooting for sapo. Askren seems to reach for takedowns often because he doesn't have much striking to set it up. Sapo could easily catch askren reaching with those knees.

What weight was this fight at?

If the rematch actually happens I'll be rooting for sapo. Askren seems to reach for takedowns often because he doesn't have much striking to set it up. Sapo could easily catch askren reaching with those knees.

What weight was this fight at?
I'm obviously rooting for Askren but the fights really exciting for me and makes me nervous.

WW but WW is now 185 there. Allegadally they have to report their weights for a few weeks leading to the fight and they arent allowed to weigh over 190lbs during that time. Not sure how that is enforced on the non-local fighters though. Seems like they could have a shady doctor to sign off on their weights.

I'm obviously rooting for Askren but the fights really exciting for me and makes me nervous.

WW but WW is now 185 there. Allegadally they have to report their weights for a few weeks leading to the fight and they arent allowed to weigh over 190lbs during that time. Not sure how that is enforced on the non-local fighters though. Seems like they could have a shady doctor to sign off on their weights.
Yeah that seems hard to enforce. But at least some fighters won't be draining themselves which is a slight improvement. Sapo looked like he weighed around 200 to me

Dunno if it's more than you know:

2. Athletes will be assigned to their weight class based on collated data and random weight checks. Athletes are not allowed to drop a weight class when less than 8 weeks out from an event.

5. ONE will conduct random weight checks on athletes at our discretion.

Here's more about the topic:
http://www.onefc.com/about-one/weight-classes.html

Imagine they'd knock at a door overseas and the fighter would start running lmfao

Santos is a dangerous fight for anyone. Another impressive finish.

Santos is a dangerous fight for anyone. Another impressive finish.
Yup I laugh how people in the heavies think he is a scrub. I'm hoping he turns into a scrub in the late rounds though.

Yup I laugh how people in the heavies think he is a scrub. I'm hoping he turns into a scrub in the late rounds though.

Yeah, not sure if his cardio would hold up in those rounds. That's a good point.

lot of experience in there.

Both those guys are over 50 fights I believe.

Damn he went all Luke Rockhold with dat body kick!!!

Sapo has some of the best kicks in all of MMA, really liked him up until that Askren debacle

Sapo is probably fighting better than he ever has despite the fact that he's 36.

Back