Video of Dana Cutting Palhares: "He's Done."

jonchokemac_medium_medium.gif

2rqy22s_medium.gif

nz0nkx.jpg

americafuckyeah.jpg

Jones let go.

Rampage should have been fined.

Henderson stopped after the ref stopped the fight.

"Everybody is waiting in the corner for deeehhh deerh deeeee"

0:44.. Gotta love Dana!

Didn't realize the Palhares thing was getting mainstream attention. The UFC made the right call then. Palhares isn't worth the negative attention.

The only one of these GIFS that show anything remotely close to what Palhares does is Rampage's ill-advised extra punch. Why the fuck do you show Joness sub on here? Also, Hendo's shot was cheap, but technically appropriate as the ref did not stop it soon enough.

Poorly done.

I didn't know it was possible to hate Dana White even more then I already did.

I don't see how fans aren't disappointed to see Palhares go. He is a truly unique fighter and all of his matches are entertaining.

He kept his poker face and pressed him up against the cage with his hips after he'd gone limp you idiot.

That's your opinion and not fact, the fact is he let go when the ref intervened.

This is the dumbest move ever by the UFC. It was a fight. Tensions are high.... Give the guy a warning! Slap him with a fine! You don't fire the guy. He comes from poverty. I think the Brazilians should go on strike until he reinstated.

How many times does Palhares get to do this same stunt before you find it to be unacceptable? Does he actually have to ruin someone's career before you've seen enough yourself? Palhares is a liability. This was the right move to make.

Jones let go.

Rampage should have been fined.

Henderson stopped after the ref stopped the fight.

Jones did his best to keep Machida upright after he'd gone limp. Also threw Rampage after the bell, kicked a opponent after he was KOed, used illegal 12-6 elbows, multiple eye pokes on Gustafsson plus some other stuff against Rashad and Shogun and more.

Rampage should have been cut. The ref was tugging on him and he threw viscous gnp on a unconscious opponent.

Henderson admitted openly he saw that he was unconscious and tried to get in as much damage possible before the ref stopped him. America cheered.

And you could find dozens of examples just like these.

now if only the NFL(and other leagues) worked like this ... good for Dana.

Watching the video of Dana cutting him it is obvious that Dana had no plans to cut him and his hand was sort of forced by Jeremy Schapp, the dude interviewing him.

The way Schapp words his question to Dana he really made it the Palhares incident sound BAD. Dana was on an ESPN network and the last thing he probably wanted to do was argue with Schapp on the air, defend Palhares, or end up pissing off the brass at ABC/ESPN. Bottom line, he cut Palhares at that moment so he wouldn't look bad.

Kind of a shitty way to go for Palhares but it makes sense in a way. I guarantee if Schapp didn't word the question the way he did than Palhares would still have a job in the UFC. He's a favorite in Brazil and the UFC is expanding to Brazil in 2014, not to mention there's alot of curiosity and hype behind him now at WW.

He was suspended 90 days for doing this before and also was popped for elevated testosterone levels and now this, thats just in the UFC. Throw in doing the same in BJJ tournaments, there is a clear pattern here. It's a sub that can end a career and he likes to crank it extra after the fight is over......not good for the sport or the other fighters. Paul Harris has shown some of the worst sportsmanship in MMA, maybe this will wake him up.

This is the dumbest move ever by the UFC. It was a fight. Tensions are high.... Give the guy a warning! Slap him with a fine! You don't fire the guy. He comes from poverty. I think the Brazilians should go on strike until he reinstated.

You should so some research on Palhares. He has done this twice now in the UFC. Plus a suspension for failed drug test. If you look in his past he has some issues with being a dink in JJ tournaments also. This is just who the guy is. This isn't one dumb move in the heat of the moment.

He just doesn't learn. Heel lock is one of the most dangerous submissions out there. It just tears the tendons/ligaments almost instantly. You can easily put someone out of commission for very very very long time with it and even career ending.

Back