Video of Dana Cutting Palhares: "He's Done."

barkley-head-shake-o.gif

Don't agree but w/e not like he was gonna be an elite WW anyway.

Guess Daley will never come back... should have talked about the Babalu choke Dana... or was that TOO EXTREME

Good job. Talented fighter but his antics are not needed. If it was the first time he did something like this sure, but he has done it in the UFC before and in BJJ tournaments.

/\

That is nothing like what happened with Paul Harris. His opponent was feverishly tapping and he was holding on, even while the ref was there. Hendo v Bisping, the ref hadn't shown up yet. In Jones vs Machida, as soon as the ref showed up he dropped. Rampage was excited and going crazy, but yes I agree he should have been cut as well. perhaps if he'd done something like that a second time, then sure, cut him.

As for the cut...Holy crap. At first I didn't think this was worth an outright cut from the UFC, a suspension etc seemed reasonable.. but wow.

I guess that shows you though. Don't fuck around and pull dumb shit. When your opponent taps and the ref is there, you let go right away.

TBH he should have been cut the first time this happened.

Last edited:
sorry but Palhares is a mental midget. Almost every fight he's in he does something strange. From stopping prematurely in the Dan Miller fight & celebrating on the cage before the ref called the fight to him stopping in the middle of the Marquardt fight to tell the ref about Nate's leg bein greased & gettin TKO'd in the process. The guy def is not all there & thats pretty dangerous in combat sports where u hold ur opponents' health & even life in ur hands.

Good job. Talent fighter but his antics are not needed. If it was the first time he did something like this sure, but he has done it in the UFC before and in BJJ tournaments.
Yeah, I don't get how anyone is against this. He has a clear history of doing it inside and outside the UFC. The UFC needed to take a stand.

Wow. Holy crap. I didn't think this was worth an outright cut from the UFC, a suspension etc is fine but wow.

I guess that shows you though. Don't fuck around and pull dumb shit. When your oponent taps and the ref is there, you let go right away.

TBH he should have been cut the first time this happened.

Or after the failed test.

Not deserving. He already lost his SotN bonus and it didnt seem intentional

This is the dumbest move ever by the UFC. It was a fight. Tensions are high.... Give the guy a warning! Slap him with a fine! You don't fire the guy. He comes from poverty. I think the Brazilians should go on strike until he reinstated.

hmmmm cant say im sorry to see him go but feel dana should have maybe taken a good chunk outta his purse the 1st time he did this then sacked him if a 2nd incident occured.

Back