Steel Belt
Professional Fighter
Reaction score
- Hate his mouth
- Hate his worst fans
- Like his fightingstyle
- Find his training methods interesting

thats all..

Damn never knew that mcgregor trained in my country.
Funny that he is switching stances in that video, don't remember seeing him fight orthodox in the ufc.

He defends 64% of his strikes. Money had 68%, Aldo has 71%, Edgar has 72%. Seems pretty good for a hyper offensive fighter, no?

Mostly useless statistic without quality of opposition taken into account. Aldo and Edgar are at those percentages (Which I don't quite trust? I imagine Aldo's should be higher than Edgar's?) against far, far more impressive opposition. McGregor is at 64% against two top 10 opponents and a few bums.

Thanks for posting.

Looks like the same sparring session as well, definitely worth a watch.

This is a pretty sweet example of technical sparring. His partner is stiff but has decent timing and variation. Pretty cool when Conor starts styling on him later.

There's always discussion in this forum about hard sparring vs. light/technical sparring and the truth seems to be that you definitely need both. Of course you have to spar hard in prep for a fight as you must be able to implement things at live-speeds (all the more if you have good simulations of your opponent to spar with) but lighter sparring like this is also invaluable to a striker because it allows them to experiment and take risks with techniques - stance/strike selection/timing/combos/etc...etc. - without fear of being leveled. Allows you to expand your game without the same risks.

- Hate his mouth
- Hate his worst fans
- Like his fightingstyle
- Find his training methods interesting

thats all..

Agree. I don't like the wwe antics of any fighter. He's fun to watch and talented though.

Still, I root against him for his personality.

If i spar 3 times a week, i want:

one day: light sparring only

one day: both light and hard rounds. If i do 10 rounds, then 5 hard and 5 light

one day: hard sparring only

He's talented - can't deny that. I don't like his personality or showboating either. Not much character building in showboating or taking shots at nearly everyone in his division & above it.

I've noticed though he tends to get hit cleanly a lot more than I thought. He also seems high up posture/weight wise - stands tall a lot when he strikes.

Conor has mastered his own style. Fluid and powerful, don't see him beating Aldo but that doesn't make him a bad fighter.

I've noticed though he tends to get hit cleanly a lot more than I thought. He also seems high up posture/weight wise - stands tall a lot when he strikes.

He defends 64% of his strikes. Money had 68%, Aldo has 71%, Edgar has 72%. Seems pretty good for a hyper offensive fighter, no?

He still gets hit more than he should've or he leaves openings he shouldn't.

Doesn't mean much now, but he won't be able to do that forever.

The video must be old because he is missing all of his ugly chest tattoos that he has now.

Crazy that Conor almost KOd Floyd with a bodshot but the ref was corrupt as fuck.

I don't think Floyd would have survived Conor's uppercut with 8oz gloves or 4oz gloves on.

He's such a good fluid athlete, really a shame that he doesn't drop his hips more in order to strike... probably down to his stance being so wide.

He's a freak fast twitch athlete. Could generate a lot more speed and power in a narrower stance.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DREDATORXXXXL
Back