Video of a guy from my school

Pulling guard and buttscooting are totally different things. I guess you also like watching guys get ippons for the the lightest seoinages that land the thrower in a disadvantageous position? Or a match that is won by yukos and shidos? Or lots of stalling on the ground?

No, what I like is exciting Judo *and* exciting Jiu Jitsu. Seeing both in the same competition would be awesome, would it not?

Is it too much to ask for to hope someday for grappling competitions that actually showcase the full range and glory of grappling skills?

You can go to BJJ tournaments around here and watch match after match in which no takedowns or throws are even attempted. Likewise the pinning rules in Judo result in very little positional grappling at all. There's a throw and then maybe a submission attempt and then stand up again.

Maybe they should add Ippon to BJJ tournaments? That would motivate guys to actually learn some throws...

No, what I like is exciting Judo *and* exciting Jiu Jitsu. Seeing both in the same competition would be awesome, would it not?

Is it too much to ask for to hope someday for grappling competitions that actually showcase the full range and glory of grappling skills?

You can go to BJJ tournaments around here and watch match after match in which no takedowns or throws are even attempted. Likewise the pinning rules in Judo result in very little positional grappling at all. There's a throw and then maybe a submission attempt and then stand up again.

Maybe they should add Ippon to BJJ tournaments? That would motivate guys to actually learn some throws...

They already are motivated to learn throws. That's why your criticism is unfounded. The difference is that not everyone is you. Not everyone finds what you seem to think is exciting to be exciting. Your gameplan isn't the best for everyone. So don't be so self-centric!

i do that all the time, it actually lands pretty often.

This is not happening to any decent grappler!! Now i've only been training for a year but i do it 6times a week and we warmup with drills that prevent shit like this LOL...its called GUARD passing :rolleyes: the guy didnt use his feet at all, what the hell??

Marcelo Garcia "butt scoots"...

and I'm cool with it.

Back