*VIDEO* Nate Diaz Tells Nick Diaz "I Got Blinded In The First Round, I'm Sorry"

Pretty much this. Although I can see why most sherdoggers are quick to shun a fighter or his fans anytime they attempt to use an excuse to change the context of a fight. See Shogun fans, BJ Penn, etc.

I think the difference here is that Nate went out of his way to make sure he didn't come off like he was trying to invalidate Bendo's win, he gave him all the credit in the world for beating him fairly. People have always called the Diaz bros sore losers and said they only show respect to their opponents after beating them but Nate proved that isn't the case, he got fucked up and took it like a man. Seriously, he isn't pulling a Travis Browne and telling everyone how a rematch would be different and trying to take credit away from his opponent.

Pretty sure he was just showing Bendo how many eyes he could see out of.
f1f35d849ee37a1846093ed4d286d990422d9f95.jpg

My fave post of the day!:icon_lol:

I am always shocked how Sherdoggers hate listening to context regarding fights as if it means discrediting the victor. It doesn't discredit Bendo nor does it let Nate off the hook. It just supplies context to the fight that is important.

Cormier broke his hand in the first round against Barnett and never said anything, just because GSP always tells his corner what's wrong with him doesn't mean everyone else does the same. What were they going to tell him to do that he wasn't already doing? Give him a great "hit him with your groin" type speech? No, the only thing that could've come from that would be the cameras, officials or ref catching it and then stopping the fight when they checked his eyesight and realized he couldn't see shit.

Nate didn't want the fight stopped so he manned the fuck up and went more than 4 rounds with the LW champ with severely compromised vision. He tells his corner about it after the fight, even apologizes about it and mentions it briefly in the post fight PC while still giving Bendo all the credit in the world and people still want to call it an excuse. He isn't doing interviews about it or crying for a rematch like others would be, he's handling this loss the way a fighter should.

I think the difference here is that Nate went out of his way to make sure he didn't come off like he was trying to invalidate Bendo's win, he gave him all the credit in the world for beating him fairly. People have always called the Diaz bros sore losers and said they only show respect to their opponents after beating them but Nate proved that isn't the case, he got fucked up and took it like a man. Seriously, he isn't pulling a Travis Browne and telling everyone how a rematch would be different and trying to take credit away from his opponent.

Listen....how DARE you come on this thread & spew all that sensible sh*t!!! This is Sherdog....you are ruining the culture & atmosphere with all that "logic" & what not....GTFO!!!

I'm not a Diaz fan but there was no attempt to discredit Bendo. He raised Bendo's arm after the fight himself, he knew he was bested legitimately.

This is exactly right, a legal punch to the eye that leaves your opponent blinded for 4 rounds is just a great move.

To the poster who questioned it being true because he didn't say anything - in the clip he says to his corner he didn't say anything because he didn't want the cameras to catch it and stop the fight.

Nate doesn't make sense, did he really expect the camera man to put the camera down and run to the ringside doctor....maybe the ref perhaps?:rolleyes:

Why are some of you such conspiratory idiots actin like you have any fucking clue? First thread I look at today pissing me off a little lol.

Shit happens, it's a fight. I wanted Nate to win and really thought Nate would win, but Benson was by FAR the superior fighter that night. Must suck to see your younger brother get his ass beat, I know they're pro fighters and it comes with the territory, but I know how hard it would be to see my little brother like that.

as a leglock guy i love that move shogun was doing with his training partner.

Nate doesn't make sense, did he really expect the camera man to put the camera down and run to the ringside doctor....maybe the ref perhaps?:rolleyes:

Because there aren't a number of ringside officials near the fighters inbetween rounds? The ref is always nearby as well and usually checks on both of the fighters. Did you also consider the fact that his corner might want to stop the fight if he told them he couldn't see and they realized that their fighter had no realistic way to win after the first round and was just taking an unnecessary beating? I can't think of one good reason for him to tell his corner that he couldn't see until the fight was over (unless he wanted it stopped, which he obviously didn't) but I can think of several good reasons not to tell them.

as a leglock guy i love that move shogun was doing with his training partner.

It was incredibly slow while he was doing it in training, there's no way he would ever pull that off against someone in an ma match.

It was incredibly slow while he was doing it in training, there's no way he would ever pull that off against someone in an ma match.

oh, i know, im just talking about how i love that move, and other leglocks

Well only nate knows if its true or not.It really doesn't matter though because the objective is to hurt your opponent which the champ did,so he did his job and won legitimately because of it.

Da truth right there !

awesome! theres an exact opposite version of that move where instead of being behind your opponent, youre in front of them, then you scissor there legs and get a toe hold instead of a heel hook. seen imanari do it in a wrestling tournament

awesome! theres an exact opposite version of that move where instead of being behind your opponent, youre in front of them, then you scissor there legs and get a toe hold instead of a heel hook. seen imanari do it in a wrestling tournament

Always thought this showed some cool leg lock setups from standing.

The element of surprise is pretty important when finishing a leg lock, once they know it's coming it becomes a lot easier to defend. Palhares/Belcher was a good example of that, Held/Clementi was surpising in that sense.

I can't understand anything nick says to him. at the beginning it sounds like he says "i really mean that" but everything else i'm not sure

Because there aren't a number of ringside officials near the fighters inbetween rounds? The ref is always nearby as well and usually checks on both of the fighters. Did you also consider the fact that his corner might want to stop the fight if he told them he couldn't see and they realized that their fighter had no realistic way to win after the first round and was just taking an unnecessary beating? I can't think of one good reason for him to tell his corner that he couldn't see until the fight was over (unless he wanted it stopped, which he obviously didn't) but I can think of several good reasons not to tell them.

Hello...... I focused on the camera man because Diaz did.

Besides the doctor checked his vision anyways and he passed and supposedly he never said a word. So just saying you're hurt alone is not going to stop the fight. Hell... How many fights have you seen where the fighter complains of an injury in the corner and the fight stopped? Better yet tell me when the last time you seen or heard of a fight stopped because the camera man said. Better yet, when was the last time you seen the corner throw the towel in because a fighter complained of a possible injury, unless of course that same fighter gave an indication he couldn't continue.

Though Nate was getting that ass whooped he didn't look like he was in a possible life threatening situation. I mean isn't that why your own corner would throw in the towel, to prevent a career ending injury or just plain stop a senseless beating that could end his career?

Always thought this showed some cool leg lock setups from standing.

Does anyone else find it equally ironic & hilarious that they're blasting "Purple Haze" in the background? :icon_lol:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ljae89
Back