*VIDEO* Nate Diaz Tells Nick Diaz "I Got Blinded In The First Round, I'm Sorry"

Bendo caught him with a good one straight in the eye. It happens. If you have ever watched nate fight before, you could tell he was holding back. Bendo executed his game plan perfectly and patiently. Nate isn't making excuses, he's explaining to his team what happened. Solid vlog. Really bummed I couldn't make it to that fight. Seattle is a cool city. Pearl Jam is the shizz.

Because the intent is for the OTHER person to see it...Flabbergasted that no one ever explained to you how that works...

dude, when you are getting smoked and being mollywhopped, the finger doesn't have much of an effect

I took it as Nate giving Bendo credit for punching him accurately in the eye, and admitting it took him off his game, by him apologizing to his corner and guys in his camp tells me he gave his all and was beat by a better man that night, and also Nate and Bendo weren't shit talking before the fight and if I remember right Nate gave him a hug and held up Bendo's hand at the end of the fight

I don't care if you got blinded Nate! Hit him with it!

Well, being that there's a "reason" for everything, I guess there's an "excuse" for everything too. Therefore, any explanation given, legitimate or otherwise, is by definition an "excuse." By that logic, no one can EVER give an explanation without it being an excuse. Next time there's a Natural Disaster, I'll call it "Mother Nature's EXCUSE to kill or place people in harm's way." Because explaining the reasoning behind it would make it a justification or excuse, right?

754962_o.gif

He's not making excuses you fucking peasants. He's just saying he got socked hard in round 1 and wasn't able to recover.

This is Sherdog man people just make shit up to satisfy their own desires.

excuses
real men dont come up with them at any point
if you really believe you can win then win a couple more top level fights and fight for the belt again
it is quite simple
there is no excuse to...excuse?

and what a dummy at the end, calling jds ko win over cain a fluke. eat your words in 24 hours dummy!

I don't care if he did get blinded. That performance was pathetic. 25 minutes of zero offense. Sorry to be all "just bleed", but i'm surprised a guy expects a fight to go fine with no adversity to deal with. I don't think Nick would put on zero offense if one of his eyes was blurry.

The only two fights we can really reference here are the first Noons fight and Gomi, but neither of those guys are anywhere near as dynamic as Bendo is. When you can't gauge distance and your depth perception is shit, you're basically defenseless on the feet. His biggest problem was becoming hesitant and second guessing himself after his vision went blurry, if he hadn't done that he might've made a better fight out of it but he also might've been finished.

It's really not fair to call Nate's performance pathetic, he did as good as anyone can reasonably be expected to do under those circumstances. Also, he's a great fighter but he's no Nick. You can't just compare someone to Nick like that and think he should be able to do what Nick does, even if he is his brother.

Probably not an excuse but he would have gotten dominated anyways.

He didn't get dominated in the first round when he could see what was happening, then all of a sudden he's tripping over his own feet every time Bendo feints a punch and he looks like a completely different fighter. I mean, the guy was whiffing punches through the air that weren't even close to landing because he couldn't accurately judge where his target was. It was shaping up to be an exciting competitive fight.

I am always shocked how Sherdoggers hate listening to context regarding fights as if it means discrediting the victor. It doesn't discredit Bendo nor does it let Nate off the hook. It just supplies context to the fight that is important.

He didn't discredit Bendo. He said he got blinded in the first round. Didnt say anything about it happening illegally (ie gouge, poke, toothpick). Catch a boxer in the eye and you will beat him, makes sense.

I still don't understand why he didn't say anything when it happened?

Cormier broke his hand in the first round against Barnett and never said anything, just because GSP always tells his corner what's wrong with him doesn't mean everyone else does the same. What were they going to tell him to do that he wasn't already doing? Give him a great "hit him with your groin" type speech? No, the only thing that could've come from that would be the cameras, officials or ref catching it and then stopping the fight when they checked his eyesight and realized he couldn't see shit.

Nate didn't want the fight stopped so he manned the fuck up and went more than 4 rounds with the LW champ with severely compromised vision. He tells his corner about it after the fight, even apologizes about it and mentions it briefly in the post fight PC while still giving Bendo all the credit in the world and people still want to call it an excuse. He isn't doing interviews about it or crying for a rematch like others would be, he's handling this loss the way a fighter should.

I am always shocked how Sherdoggers hate listening to context regarding fights as if it means discrediting the victor. It doesn't discredit Bendo nor does it let Nate off the hook. It just supplies context to the fight that is important.

The real question is should fighters say or tell "us" what they experience in the in the cage withouth making 'excuses"?

Pretty much this. Although I can see why most sherdoggers are quick to shun a fighter or his fans anytime they attempt to use an excuse to change the context of a fight. See Shogun fans, BJ Penn, etc.

dude, when you are getting smoked and being mollywhopped, the finger doesn't have much of an effect

Dude, I don't think a middle-finger has much strategic effect on a fight one way or another. Can't recall seeing one fight stat stating "So & So" won by Middle-finger.

Back