*VIDEO* Nate Diaz Tells Nick Diaz "I Got Blinded In The First Round, I'm Sorry"

I don't care if he did get blinded. That performance was pathetic. 25 minutes of zero offense. Sorry to be all "just bleed", but i'm surprised a guy expects a fight to go fine with no adversity to deal with. I don't think Nick would put on zero offense if one of his eyes was blurry.

25 minutes of zero offense because Bendo is one hell of a fighter (also a nightmare of a matchup for him stylistically). No need to discredit the champ by writing Nate off as unworthy, remember he clowned both Cerrone and Miller to get that title shot.

He's not making excuses

Excuse definition:
"Verb
Attempt to lessen the blame attaching to (a fault or offense); seek to defend or justify.

Noun
A reason or explanation put forward to defend or justify a fault or offense."

Doesn't sound like he's denying he was beaten at all, and he doesn't have any history of denial that I'm aware of, so there's no reason to accuse him of anything stupid just because he's a Diaz.

He's not making excuses you fucking peasants. He's just saying he got socked hard in round 1 and wasn't able to recover.

this...
Benson schooled him. I love the Diaz boys, but they need another element in their game to deal with the top UFC guys in a 5 round 5 min fight. I would love to see Diaz beat GSP, but it wont happen with UFC rules. Maybe if it was old school Vale Tudo rules with no time limits their endurance would pay out, but modern MMA is about executing gameplans. They both need a tactical coach

Probably not an excuse but he would have gotten dominated anyways.

If that was true he would have told his corner after the first round. Remember when the same thing happened to GSP? He told his corner right away.

-

nate probably thought that his eye would recover, that's why he didn't tell his corner.

Usually something bad happens when u get beat up for 25minutes. He's lucky he could walk away.

Most of Sherdoggers would outstrike and outgrapple Bendo with BOTH their eyes shut

he fully admitted he lost the fight and didnt take any credit away from Ben, he just noted that his vision was impaired after the first round. I'd blame mma fans, but sports fans in general make huge deals about this sort of shit all the time, like he has some kind of moral obligation to not describe the trouble he had in the fight he had whatsoever.

Excuses in MMA = "I would've won if it weren't for X, Y and Z!"
"Part of the reason I lost is because of X, Y and Z." =/= excuses.

People need to learn the difference. You figure out why you performed the way you did and try to be honest with it and improve upon and/or fix it, and when people ask you can tell them. He's not saying if he could've seen out of his eye and not made that mistake he would've definitely fucked him up and destroyed him-- which, to a lot of people, is what admitting something happened in a fight is saying, even though it's not most of the time-- he's just saying part of why he performed the way he did is cuz' of that. It seems like admitting they're better than you, always have been and are going to always be better than you, giving up any aspirations for getting another victory or of even improving, and probably retiring after a loss is all it can take to appease these people.

Utterly hilarious how fired up BJ was going into the cage, and then seeing how he performed while the fight was going on. Seems like he used all his energy for the walk-in, taking his shirt off and shit.

lol

You are all right, would be better if he didn't make any excuses

He is saying this just to discredit Hendos win obviously

it's funny how your speculating his motives entirely and then calling your speculation obvious. go look up the definition of obvious again. what is obvious, is you dont know what the hell your talking about. if nate says he was blinded, he was blinded. it's not to discredit hendo at all, its to explain to his team who knows he could have won that fight what exactly went wrong to prevent the same mistake in the future. that being said, he lost the fight and wouldn't deny that. he has shown benson respect before and after the fight... your just way off base.

I don't care if he did get blinded. That performance was pathetic. 25 minutes of zero offense. Sorry to be all "just bleed", but i'm surprised a guy expects a fight to go fine with no adversity to deal with. I don't think Nick would put on zero offense if one of his eyes was blurry.

That's a tremendous assumption. Don't recall hearing Nate say in the video that he expected no adversity. Never heard him say that in my life, actually. I doubt any Diaz brother expects "no adversity." Especially when their CHOSEN profession is FIGHTING. Have you ever heard their life story? FULL of adversity...lol. & I find it unfair that you expect someone with impaired vision to be all "just bleed," despite your own admittance of "adversity."

Excuse definition:
"Verb
Attempt to lessen the blame attaching to (a fault or offense); seek to defend or justify.

Noun
A reason or explanation put forward to defend or justify a fault or offense."

Well, being that there's a "reason" for everything, I guess there's an "excuse" for everything too. Therefore, any explanation given, legitimate or otherwise, is by definition an "excuse." By that logic, no one can EVER give an explanation without it being an excuse. Next time there's a Natural Disaster, I'll call it "Mother Nature's EXCUSE to kill or place people in harm's way." Because explaining the reasoning behind it would make it a justification or excuse, right?

i don't really count it as making an excuse if you are saying your opponent hit you with a legal move that you couldn't recover from its just being truthful. If he had said he had problems with his eye before the fight then that would be different

"I fucked up and absorbed the entire punch to my eye"

Seems more like he's admitting a mistake.

he fully admitted he lost the fight and didnt take any credit away from Ben, he just noted that his vision was impaired after the first round. I'd blame mma fans, but sports fans in general make huge deals about this sort of shit all the time, like he has some kind of moral obligation to not describe the trouble he had in the fight he had whatsoever.

Excuses in MMA = "I would've won if it weren't for X, Y and Z!"
"Part of the reason I lost is because of X, Y and Z." =/= excuses.

People need to learn the difference. You figure out why you performed the way you did and try to be honest with it and improve upon and/or fix it, and when people ask you can tell them. He's not saying if he could've seen out of his eye and not made that mistake he would've definitely fucked him up and destroyed him-- which, to a lot of people, is what admitting something happened in a fight is saying, even though it's not most of the time-- he's just saying part of why he performed the way he did is cuz' of that. It seems like admitting they're better than you, always have been and are going to always be better than you, giving up any aspirations for getting another victory or of even improving, and probably retiring after a loss is all it can take to appease these people.

These...

why waste your energy giving the finger when you are blind?

You are all right, would be better if he didn't make any excuses

He is saying this just to discredit Hendos win obviously

Getting blinded by a legal punch isn't make an excuse, it's just how fights go sometimes. He didn't say, "I would have won if I hadn't gotten punched in the eye." He says he could have done better, which is just a true and accurate statement. Two eyes are better than one.

why waste your energy giving the finger when you are blind?

Because the intent is for the OTHER person to see it...Flabbergasted that no one ever explained to you how that works...

Back