VIDEO: My blue belt promotion

Thanks everybody for the awesome comments! I really appreciate it :)

Yeah, it's definitely a test of heart, not skill. Your technique pretty much goes out the window once you're past a certain point of fatigue. Although it was tough, I loved every minute of it, and it's priceless to have a video of the whole thing.

Throwing Dummy, my instructor is a SBGi certified instructor, trained under Matt Thornton and John Kavanagh. How could you tell?

Satanobot, congratulations! It's great to get a surprise like that. That was my thought exactly, I was told to get in the middle and my stomach turned upside down and I thought "here we go!", oh and It's actually Icelandic commentary :)

Gerbil, thanks man! I'm sure my instructor will be very happy to hear that! It's a great place to train and we're all friends and help each other get better every day!

Osu! :icon_chee

the ones that have already been a blue belt or haven't earned theirs yet...

Is my reading comprehension bad or wouldn't this statement refer to every single person who trains bjj?

Congrats man!

On a side note...whats the deal with the tramp stamp? I thought those were just something for chicks to brand themselves as a slut and show off their lower back...Cant imagine what would posess a guy to remotely consider getting one.

Be proud dude, I know I will be when I get mine.. The only people that will hate are the ones that have already been a blue belt or haven't got theirs yet.

Congratulations!!
Way to narrow that down there and name off every bjj person ever lol jk. You either have received your blue or you haven't :p.

To the op congrats. I only had to do 8 mins with a couple of 4 strip purples (one got his brown 2 weeks later) and a couple 4 stripe blues who really went after me.

I was completely destroyed by the end. But I really feel like going thru that is where I earned my blue belt by just being able to survive without dieing. Don't let the blue belt curse get to you, train harder than ever now!

Based on your hip movement and overall positional awareness, your blue belt is well-deserved.

And I agree, the overall performance from the white belts was pretty damn good.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back