[Video] Kevin Lee vs Barboza was one of the worst beatings I've ever seen

I love how you blatantly say "this is the same guy who got dropped by Chiesa FFS" please buddy, show me the video of Lee getting dropped by Chiesa.

He just fought Barboza who is the best striker in the division and he didn't even get dropped. Getting hit in the temple isn't related to the chin

Dude it's ok to be a Kevin Lee fan and also admit his chin is his biggest weakness.

i disagree, khabib has strawweight power
maxresdefault.jpg

pillow fisted jabs did this.

Dude it's ok to be a Kevin Lee fan and also admit his chin is his biggest weakness.
Lee's chin is better than Shertards assume. His wrestling on the other hand, is overrated. You will see if he faces Khabib.

Lee's chin is better than Shertards assume. His wrestling on the other hand, is overrated. You will see if he faces Khabib.

Idk man, it's clearly his biggest weakness. I think Khabib probably outgrapples him but you never know, would love to see that fight.

Al isnt the easiest guy to takedown. His tdd is 77%.

Never said he was, but he's also not the hardest. Im not saying Khabib isnt good, but the question is, is he good enough to implement his game on everybody, and i just dont see that happening.

GSP sported a 77% TD accuracy and faced much better competition. For Khabib to be where he's at (1 top 5 win) 0 Div 1 wrestlers or better, and with only a 44% TDA, i just dont see him being able to out wrestle the entire LW roster.

I’m pretty thick skinned and that fight was honestly tough to watch lol felt bad for Edson considering the damage he has taken as of lately

Khabib scores powerful takedowns and uses good ground a pound too. He is a good example of grappling used the right way in terms of MMA.

Lol, no. Khabib is pillow-fisted. Kevin is an explosive athlete that can get off relatively powerful punches from anywhere. Khabib is just good at controlling his opponent and transitioning.

Honestly lee vs kabob is a interesting fight

Anybody who has been able to take their Khabib fanboy goggles off knows that Lee is Khabib's biggest challenge. Nobody in the LW division has been able to match Khabib's wrestling...except Kevin Lee. He's probably stronger than Khabib, and his cardio is better than Khabib's, and on the feet, he blows Khabib out of the water.
"Probably stronger". Yea great analysis there. And as far as his striking blowing khabib out of the water goes.... One of em got KOed by a bjj blackbelt and the other outstruck one of the best MT natural strikers in the ufc.

Brutal but slightly tainted by the fact that the blueprint for the win had already been created. Execution was on point though, Lee is a scary guy.

Blueprint? Right, because Kevin Lee would have stood with Barboza otherwise?

A slight asterisk in that he was clearly heavier than Barboza and didn't even bother to finish the cut.
No Staph Lee is a beast, no doubt.
But in the end, that for sure. I know it makes no sense in the division right now, but I'd love to someday see Lee vs Tony 2

Definitely one of the worst beatings I've seen, and objectively much, much worse than what Khabib did to Barboza; he did more damage and got the finish.

It's ok, Khabib fans. This doesn't discredit Khabib's also very dominant win over Barboza. You don't have to go rushing to his defence just because someone shared a video of another fighter doing more awesome stuff.
Serious question since you seem to be implying it by saying Kevin did what Khabib didn't... do you think Barboza survives round 4 and 5 after witnessing rounds 1-3 vs Khabib?

I ask because obviously Lee didn't finish him until he finished him (championship rounds) and you'd be damn hard pressed to say Barboza would survive all 5 rounds in that fight vs Khabib.

Poor Edson, really talented fighter and very exciting style. But he is just getting smashed by the numerous elite fighters in the strongest weight class in the UFC.

Tony, Khabib, and Lee are absolute monsters and nightmare matchups with their grappling, aggression, and frenetic paces.

"Probably stronger". Yea great analysis there. And as far as his striking blowing khabib out of the water goes.... One of em got KOed by a bjj blackbelt and the other outstruck one of the best MT natural strikers in the ufc.

They both out struck Barboza buddy.

One of them stopped Barboza and the other wrestle fucked to a decision

Back