[Video] Kevin Lee vs Barboza was one of the worst beatings I've ever seen

I think that was the most crucial take away from that fight, he showed he can wrestle and grapple just as good as Khabib but then shows exactly where he's far better than Khabib.

We can argue and debate who wrestled/grappled better, no debate in who has the advantage on the feet, and thats where the fight will stay.

Khabib is an overrated wrestler with only a 44% TD accuracy, only landed 40% on Al who had less than 24 hours to prepare.
His TD percentage is dictated by his takedown style.

Al was in fight shape and while having only 24 hours to prepare for Khabib, Khabib also had the same 24 hours.

Like I mentioned, I think Lee is an elite fighter.

But where does this narrative of him being a much better striker than Khabib come from? Lol

Lee was dropped by Al. Khabib oustruck Al on the feet and wasn't dropped, ever.

Lee was rocked badly by Barboza. Khabib also outstruck him on the feet and wasn't wobbled.

People should at least pretend to have evidence for the things that they say.

Lee is a beast of a grappler, no doubt, but hes not beating ANY 155er that has a decent chin in the standup, no matter how shitty their striking. His chin is too vulnerable...this is the same dude that got dropped by Chiesa FFS.

Shame about Lee's chin -- I like him as a fighter and he seems like a good dude, but that chin is pure glass. I'd put money on Khabib knocking him out in a straight striking match just because Lee's chin is that bad

I love how you blatantly say "this is the same guy who got dropped by Chiesa FFS" please buddy, show me the video of Lee getting dropped by Chiesa.

He just fought Barboza who is the best striker in the division and he didn't even get dropped. Getting hit in the temple isn't related to the chin

Can't help but think Khabib tenderized Barboza for Lee to take advantage of lol.

He took that fight way too soon after the mauling Khabib gave him.

That begin said, Lee is legitimately a top 3-4 fighter in the division right now. Which sucks because I'd love to see him fight a guy like Makachev to see if he could actually test Khabib.
first fight vick. he has been running like a bitch from vick.

His TD percentage is dictated by his takedown style.

Al was in fight shape and while having only 24 hours to prepare for Khabib, Khabib also had the same 24 hours.

Please you can't be so ignorant that you think Khabib and Al were on even playgrounds.

Khabib was training for a better striker/wrestler/grappler in Tony in a 5 round fight.

Al had to transition from a 3 round fight to a 5 round fight where he went from facing a Taekwondo/Karate guy with no wrestling to Khabib.

So please STFU u moron.

Please you can't be so ignorant that you think Khabib and Al were on even playgrounds.

Khabib was training for a better striker/wrestler/grappler in Tony in a 5 round fight.

Al had to transition from a 3 round fight to a 5 round fight where he went from facing a Taekwondo/Karate guy with no wrestling to Khabib.

So please STFU u moron.
I'm hearing a lot of whining.

To all that blabber you just spouted, I say so fucking what?

What's your issue with that fight?

Griffin just dominated Mike Perry. Are you kidding me?

Mike Perry has also been dominated by a male model and his best win is over a shot Jake Ellenberger, let's not act like beating Mike Perry makes you a worldbeater

I'm hearing a lot of whining.

To all that blabber you just spouted, I say so fucking what?

What's your issue with that fight?

No issue, pointing Khabib's trouble to Take Down Al in a fight where his opponent had no time to prepare for TD's.

And the significance of it when you consider there are guys in the division with better TDD than a prepared Al with better striking.

Barboza made him dance...
Best-Moment-Edson-Barboza-vs-Kevin-Lee-UFN-128.gif
And Kevin used the opportunity to showcase his dancing style and survive and comeback like a champ to win dominantly.

Huge difference between a guy using his wrestling to inflict real damage like Lee and a guy just using it to stall like Clownington.

Covington threw like 400 strikes last fight. Wtf are you talking about?

Round 1 was 10-7....That was an epic fucking smashing. Round 2 was a total smashing too.

Lee was out to make a statement and look more dominant than Khabib did. It was all going well. The problem was Lee emptied the tank in those 2 rounds trying his balls off to finish him. He was noticeably spent heading into round 3 and he got caught with that kick that almost ended his night. He also had no more power on his punches by round 3. IN round 5 he looked god awful, and if Barboza wasn't totally spent Lee could have been in very serious trouble.
Contrary to what many believe I think Lee has some serious cardio issues. Not as bad as Conor but he slows down a lot.

Anyway.. he puts beatings in guys early so either he gets the finish or they are spent for the rest of the fight. A robot like Tony Ferguson will always give him problems.

No issue, pointing Khabib's trouble to Take Down Al in a fight where his opponent had no time to prepare for TD's.

And the significance of it when you consider there are guys in the division with better TDD than a prepared Al with better striking.
Al isnt the easiest guy to takedown. His tdd is 77%.

Back