Video: Joe Rogan | Are Alpha Males and Beta Males Real? w/Adam Conover

TidWell

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
This guy is trying to cope hard, This guys doesn't believe the majority of women will be attracted to tall handsome attractive confident men. Joe Rogan really put him on the spot when he said Ive had Evolutionary biologists on my show who agree that women and men are attracted to these traits. This guy tells Rogan its not true it has to do with society telling us thats what we should be attracted too lol

In this video he speaks on toxic masculinity

Last edited:
I actually agree that "alpha male" is a dumb concept applied to humans. We are not flock animals in the sense that sheep are. Joe is also claiming here that men are "universally attracted to certain body types" - I disagree, and I think cursory knowledge of how the ideal of what a body should look like has changed over the last 100 years shows that he is wrong: media exposure, not evolution, determines which body is attractive. There were no huge bubble butts in the 90'ies, for instance.

Last edited:
I actually agree that "alpha male" is a dumb concept applied to humans. We are not flock animals in the sense that sheep are. Joe is also claiming here that men are "universally attracted to certain body types" - I disagree, and I think cursory knowledge of how the ideal of what a body should look like has changed over the last 100 years shows that he is wrong: media exposure, not evolution, determines which body is attractive. There was no huge bubble butts in the 90'ies, for instance.

I was talking about this with someone today.

Even in lifetime I've seen ideals of beauty shift so much that I've come to the conclusion that a huge part of it has to be culturally constructed.

Growing up it was the blonde bombshell e.g. Pamela Anderson. Then for a while stick thin catwalk models was the thing. Last I checked a cartoonishly huge buttocks was where it's at - still can't understand what the fuck that's all about.

As far as dudes go, probably something like "competency" would be a word that describes what women are consistently attracted to, but exactly what that constitutes varies, and would also shift according to what the the culture values at the time.

I was talking about this with someone today.

Even in lifetime I've seen ideals of beauty shift so much that I've come to the conclusion that a huge part of it has to be culturally constructed.

Growing up it was the blonde bombshell e.g. Pamela Anderson. Then for a while stick thin catwalk models was the thing. Last I checked a cartoonishly huge buttocks was where it's at - still can't understand what the fuck that's all about.

As far as dudes go, probably something like "competency" would be a word that describes what women are consistently attracted to, but exactly what that constitutes varies, and would also shift according to what the the culture values at the time.
diaz.gif
Yeah, back in the day we all used to think Cameron Diaz had an amazing ass in this movie. Nowadays, she would be accused of having flat pancakes. I remember how back in highschool I was super into all the girls with little butts in tight jeans who were everywhere back then - nowadays instagram has completely warped that ideal.

Back