Video - Jean Jacques Machado vs Wallid Ismail (Classic!)

Well I apologize if I've bothered you (although I don't see how YOU choosing to click on MY threads bothers you), its obviously never been my point to bother people. All I ever have done is share what I can. Again, drac never asked me to do it. I just started a youtube channel for our school and eventually started getting a little money for it.

I'm not a professional, I didn't go to school for online marketing or even making videos. I posted stuff, people liked and asked for more. For every one of you who didn't like hearing about drac, 20 asked me to keep doing it. What would you do? And just out of curiosity, what is your profession?

It's all good man, you don't need to apologize, everyone is different... and have different opinions about what should be considered as legendary! :)

Hope you'll continue with your videos, and will be less sensitive about criticisms.

You have pm.

Last edited:
Love Jean Jaques, so smooth and relentless. Love watching him compete, he always brings it

Jean Jacques once said something like(and I'm paraphrasing here) "If you can breath, you're alive, and if you're alive you can fight". That's a pretty bad ass attitude.

Found this vid

"Awesome classic Brazilian Jiujitsu match between 2 BJJ legends: the legendary Jean Jacques Machado versus the fierce Wallid Ismail"

thanks to the original poster.

Nice, I always enjoy legendary gi matches.

Found this vid

"Awesome classic Brazilian Jiujitsu match between 2 BJJ legends: the legendary Jean Jacques Machado versus the fierce Wallid Ismail"

thanks to the original poster.

Thanks for posting the video!

Truth be told, If you guys are training with JJM, I would LOVE for you to talk about him and post videos of him training and whats going on in his school as much as I do Drac. I would love for Renzo's students to do it. I wish EVERYONE was posting videos and talking about stuff going on in there gym. THATS..what I'm interested in.
It would be a hell of alot better than "Butt hole technique threads." lol or whatever that was.

This is probably the most refreshing things i've read on here in a long time. If EVERYONE would contribute instead of just talking shit about one another think of all the cool stuff we could learn. i appreciate those who do share information and techniques and would like to see it continue. If you don't like what someone is posting block them or ignore their threads.

How can I catch up on my history when it comes to BJJ? Do you just watch all the youtube you can. Is youtube where you find most of the old matches?

Also when it comes to Wallid Ismail & his history with the Gracie's, where can I read up on this rivalry & read up on how it started?

Thanks for reading!

GSparky, you must understand, you are not ready for the history of Jiu Jitsu. You are yet to feel the true joy of being on the tatame.

You have to earn your right to hear the stories of Grander days. And your team, wherever you end up, will be the ones to pass that onto you. Not only will it revisit the sport's history, but your own individual teams as well, and often times, its much more important on a personal level, because it will be part of your history some day...

Hazing is a right of passage. It signifies the willingness of an established group to accept a new member while simultaneously testing the new member's mettle to see if they are worthy...

and most of the time, they are not.

Back