Video - Jean Jacques Machado vs Wallid Ismail (Classic!)

djbrujoh

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Found this vid

"Awesome classic Brazilian Jiujitsu match between 2 BJJ legends: the legendary Jean Jacques Machado versus the fierce Wallid Ismail"

thanks to the original poster.

I haven't seen a BJJ staredown like that since Terere and Werdum. You have just got to love JJ Machodos smooth submission orientated game. He is always transitioning into different submissions.

JJM is my teacher. every movement he does leads to another. great JJ master.

+ im glad JJM has been getting some love here recently.
sometimes it seems like DRAC. is the only instructor ever. And Popo-ritzy is the only student DRAC. ever had.

Jean Jacques is a wizard, a magician, and an inspiration.

He is one of the best ever.

JJM is my teacher. every movement he does leads to another. great JJ master.

I'd like so much to train with him.

Does he plan an European seminar tour?

I've always been a huge fan of his style and technique. Love to watch his matches. An under-appreciated master.

im glad JJM has been getting some love here recently.

Me too..he is a great competitor and a great teacher.

sometimes it seems like DRAC. is the only instructor ever. And Popo-ritzy is the only student DRAC. ever had.

Wow..your on my nutts alot..even in threads I'm not in. :rolleyes:

EDIT:
OH..I remember you now. Your the guy who talked shit about me when I was asking for suggestions for grappling music for videos.

what color shirt should i wear today. Can i get some suggestions from people. As you know i need help deciding everything i do in my life. Sherdog help

I think KBE6EKCTAH_CCP said best last time you were randomly starting shit with me.

3/10

Smart-ass attempt FAIL

Found this vid

"Awesome classic Brazilian Jiujitsu match between 2 BJJ legends: the legendary Jean Jacques Machado versus the fierce Wallid Ismail"

thanks to the original poster.

Watching him roll in a gi always amazes me. Last night I rolled with a really solid purple belt who injured the last three fingers on his hand. At one point he had to grab my gi in a way that machado had too...and he easily lost the grip and I remember thinking about how bad ass JJM had to be to pull off the things he did.

Puppies should be banned from JJM threads, they are only for grown ups.

+ im glad JJM has been getting some love here recently.

That's funny, man.

RCJ represent.

Maybe you three could start adding videos of your incredible instructors and start adding content to sherdog instead of talking shit about all the free content I add.

1st time I saw Jim Norton on tv I thought, "That guy looks like Walid!"

Funny thing is, Jim's angry, Don Rickles-esque, wild-eyed mad-at-the-worldness is exactly how I imagine Walid to be (from the few interviews I've seen).

He's a damn monster on the mat, though. Awesome.

My teacher recieved his belt from a JJM black belt. I love the style of Jiu-Jitsu they execute.

Maybe you three could start adding videos of your incredible instructors and start adding content to sherdog instead of talking shit about all the free content I add.

Man you still don't understand. I'll try to help, if you get it well, if not I don't care.

It's not about the free videos, it's not about your instructor. It's about you.

When someone pushes too much, too hard, someone's gonna love, someone not.

It's a fact of life, get over it and quit whining about others talking sh*t about this, about that. It's not this or that: it's you. It's about your persona.

Bye.

Last edited:
Man you still don't understand. I'll try to help, if you get it well, if not I don't care.

It's not about the free videos, it's not about your instructor. It's about you.

When someone pushes too much, too hard, someone's gonna love, someone not.

It's a fact of life, get over it and quit whining about others talking sh*t about this, about that. It's not this or that: it's you. It's about your persona.

Bye.

Yeah, my "Persona" was really heavy on this thread before you and your two sherdog cronies started bringing my name up....again....for no reason. Let me try and help you out, and if you don't get...well I don't care either. I had over 30 PM's of guys telling me how ridiculous you sounded in the other thread to the point that my PM box got full...just of people telling me how annoying you were being (And hypocritical in PM's you were sending some of them) and for me to keep doing what I've been doing.

People would rather see videos of High Level Black belts rolling and giving interviews than here you bitch about me talking about these high level black belts. What the hell are you contributing? nonsense? Hate? Bickering? At least I offered something new, before it was just Eddie Bravo shit talking threads and Ari Bolden sucks threads. I may not be perfect but at least I try to add good content. Of course I talk about Drac and whats going on..THATS WHAT I KNOW..that's where I am. I don't talk out of my ass.

Truth be told, If you guys are training with JJM, I would LOVE for you to talk about him and post videos of him training and whats going on in his school as much as I do Drac. I would love for Renzo's students to do it. I wish EVERYONE was posting videos and talking about stuff going on in there gym. THATS..what I'm interested in.
It would be a hell of alot better than "Butt hole technique threads." lol or whatever that was.

Just do the board a favor and you do YOU...and I'll do ME. The great thing about this place is you don't have to click on my threads if you don't want to.

I can't even click in a random thread without seein one of you two 'tards talking about me. You talk about me more than I ever talk about drac and ride JJM nutts while you talk about other people ridding Dracs. Good I'm glad you like JJM...I like him a lot too..he is part of my lineage. lol Now grow up and get off my ball sack and try to add something more interesting to this board then threads about your opinions of me.

Last edited:
Dear Poppa Rotze, Padlock, Colby, whatever,

you are "assistant instructor and operations director for Gracie Barra Texas", you get paid for making videos and marketing.

I think most of us who don't like you actually like the videos and your instructor; so even if you have a commercial interest in promoting your school everyone gets something. All good.

But this is a public forum, and someone is going to critic your methods, your attitude and your shameless plugs. Again someone's going to love, someone's not.

Take care.

P.S. And don't talk about private facts you don't know. I've sent just one message to a guy, asking him to apologize for some false statements. Nothing hypocritical here.

Last edited:
ah fuck it, looks like embedding has changed or ive forgotten. no time to learn this stuff anymore. If you know how to do it, i dont care to learn anymore, just please re-post these with your magic.

Here are some vids that I've always found useful. Love these fights, shows the patience of a master and text book technique.

JJM vs Arona

YouTube - Ricardo Arona vs. Jean Jacques Machado (1 of 3)

YouTube - Ricardo Arona vs. Jean Jacques Machado (2 of 3)

YouTube - Ricardo Arona vs. Jean Jacques Machado (3 of 3)

Last edited:
Dear Poppa Rotze, Padlock, Colby, whatever,

you are "assistant instructor and operations director for Gracie Barra Texas", you get paid for making videos and marketing.

I think most of us who don't like you actually like the videos and your instructor; so even if you have a commercial interest in promoting your school everyone gets something. All good.

But this is a public forum, and someone is going to critic your methods, your attitude and your shameless plugs. Again someone's going to love, someone's not.

Take care.

Well I apologize if I've bothered you (although I don't see how YOU choosing to click on MY threads bothers you), its obviously never been my point to bother people. All I ever have done is share what I can. Again, drac never asked me to do it. I just started a youtube channel for our school and eventually started getting a little money for it.

I'm not a professional, I didn't go to school for online marketing or even making videos. I posted stuff, people liked and asked for more. For every one of you who didn't like hearing about drac, 20 asked me to keep doing it. What would you do? And just out of curiosity, what is your profession?

Back