[VIDEO] JDS "At this fight I will walk forward a little bit too"

Another thing, Cain countered Junior with a 1-2 every single time he went for that uppercut, I want to see how he deals with that as well. Junior loves that uppercut and the overhand right and Cain easily countered him over and over when he went for it, shit, maybe Junior will throw a few head kicks this time.

I'm sure that Cain will come in with a very similar gameplan as last time, but I think that Cain will try to push Junior against the fence more to slow him down, we all know that Junior is mostly dangerous in the 1st round and due to the pace that Cain can put up, Junior will likely slow down a little bit again. I don't think it will be as bad as last time, but if Junior didn't work on his conditioning more than ever for this camp, he might just get beat up again.

I just hope it's a good fight.

And I've never heard of Sunfish, but if you say he's a good poster, I believe you. And thanks, it's good to be back.

With the way these fighters match up, I think that blowouts, one way or the other, are quite likely. I hope I'm wrong, but that's just how fighters match up sometimes. I have seen JDS throw the uppercut as a counter a few times (I'm pretty sure he dropped Nelson with an uppercut after slipping Roy's predicatable jab), so that may be a viable punch to throw, but it involves being able to deal with Cain's jab or being able to slip or roll to right hand (two things he struggled mightily with).

The key for Junior is to get of first with the punches......its how he won the first fight and how he had any success landing anything in the second fight. When JDS got some steam back in the last 2 rounds.....Cain was moving forward and before Cain threw anything, JDS was able to land some uppercuts, right hands, jabs......I think in round 4 he had his best round.

Its when Cain was moving forward and throwing combos that caught Junior.....like the discussion sais, he was moving backwards and didnt counter effectively. He missed and Cain landed.

For Junior the most important thing will be movement in this fight to set up the right counters and angles. He has to create those and capitalize on openings.....in addition to getting of first.

Im sure him and his team have watched the 2nd fight to death and know what he did wrong, they just have some sort of plan worked out for him to fight better.

The key for Junior is to get of first with the punches...

That's actually very true, Cain was the one dictating the pace and Junior relied too much on his countering ability. Just like in the first fight, Junior got off first and he landed that overhand and put Cain down. In the second fight, he let Cain throw first. Like me and JayElectra are discussing, Junior needs to find a way to counter Cain's jab and that 1-2, every time Junior threw first, Cain countered him with that almost every single time and landed clean.

Every time Junior threw his uppercut, Cain countered with his jab or the 1-2 and it would just push Junior back more and more until he was cut off at the fence, then Cain really started to light him up and this happened throughout the entire fight.

With the way these fighters match up, I think that blowouts, one way or the other, are quite likely. I hope I'm wrong, but that's just how fighters match up sometimes. I have seen JDS throw the uppercut as a counter a few times (I'm pretty sure he dropped Nelson with an uppercut after slipping Roy's predicatable jab), so that may be a viable punch to throw, but it involves being able to deal with Cain's jab or being able to slip or roll to right hand (two things he struggled mightily with).

Yeah, that's the thing - Cain countered that uppercut with a jab, or a 1-2 over and over and over again. The worst thing is, Junior's corner wasn't giving him very much information when he went back to his corner after being completely destroyed for one round after another, they told him to do the same thing every time. Jab, jab, uppercut, now I know that's a good strategy, but Cain kept countering it rather easily and Junior's corner wasn't giving him any different tactics when he went back to his corner, they didn't help him at all. It's like Junior was there by himself all night and then you look in Cain's corner, they were giving him very good strategy. It's kinda sad, IMO.

cv_14.png

There's no doubt in my mind that Junior's uppercut wasn't a bad thing to go for, it's one of his best punches, but Cain saw it coming from a mile away every time, same with the overhand, Cain easily blocked it or moved out of the way just in time and then came back throwing more punches.

In this next picture, you see that Junior went for a jab while he was moving backwards, but you're able to notice that Junior didn't step into his jab at all, it wasn't a 'stiff' jab, he just threw his arm out without planting his feet and Cain walked right through it and landed his right hand and dropped Junior and nearly finished him. After the first round, Junior wasn't the same. It was a beating from there until the end of the fight. The gif may be a better example of how Junior didn't plant his feet and step into his jab.

cv_jds.png

ib1Y5ERad6ZHxs.gif

It's pretty crazy IMO, unbelievably impressive. Cain is a complete fighter, he's good on the feet and just amazing on the ground and his cardio is his biggest weapon and he used it so perfectly in the second fight against Junior.

Junior is incredible, a true talent, but to see Cain come back after such a brutal loss and end up dominating Junior like that for 25 minutes straight is unreal. I cheered for Cain, I always will cheer for him, but I didn't expect that at all. I remember all the people picking Junior to win, people saying that Junior was going to crush him within a round or two, and well.. wow.. just wow.

Another thing that Junior didn't seem to do is 'keep his hands up at all times'. Against Cain, when he was backed up towards the fence he would more rely on head movement or trying to roll with the punches, he did the exact same thing vs. Hunt as well. He would get cut off, drop his hands and that's why Cain landed so many strikes to the head, and that's why Hunt also landed some pretty decent punches to the head too.

Just like in that gif, you see that Junior was backed up towards the fence, had his hands dropped and Cain landed clean. Of course, Junior was dead tired, but he did this throughout the entire fight for some reason. I really don't know why he was dropping his hands in the first place, later in the fight, that's understandable, but earlier in the fight.. strange.

Last edited:
That's actually very true, Cain was the one dictating the pace and Junior relied too much on his countering ability. Just like in the first fight, Junior got off first and he landed that overhand and put Cain down. In the second fight, he let Cain throw first. Like me and JayElectra are discussing, Junior needs to find a way to counter Cain's jab and that 1-2, every time Junior threw first, Cain countered him with that almost every single time and landed clean.

Every time Junior threw his uppercut, Cain countered with his jab or the 1-2 and it would just push Junior back more and more until he was cut off at the fence, then Cain really started to light him up and this happened throughout the entire fight.

Yeah, that's the thing - Cain countered that uppercut with a jab, or a 1-2 over and over and over again. The worst thing is, Junior's corner wasn't giving him very much information when he went back to his corner after being completely destroyed for one round after another, they told him to do the same thing every time. Jab, jab, uppercut, now I know that's a good strategy, but Cain kept countering it rather easily and Junior's corner wasn't giving him any different tactics when he went back to his corner, they didn't help him at all. It's like Junior was there by himself all night and then you look in Cain's corner, they were giving him very good strategy. It's kinda sad, IMO.

cv_14.png

There's no doubt in my mind that Junior's uppercut wasn't a bad thing to go for, it's one of his best punches, but Cain saw it coming from a mile away every time, same with the overhand, Cain easily blocked it or moved out of the way just in time and then came back throwing more punches.

In this next picture, you see that Junior went for a jab while he was moving backwards, but you're able to notice that Junior didn't step into his jab at all, it wasn't a 'stiff' jab, he just threw his arm out without planting his feet and Cain walked right through it and landed his right hand and dropped Junior and nearly finished him. After the first round, Junior wasn't the same. It was a beating from there until the end of the fight. The gif may be a better example of how Junior didn't plant his feet and step into his jab.

cv_jds.png

ib1Y5ERad6ZHxs.gif

It's pretty crazy IMO, unbelievably impressive. Cain is a complete fighter, he's good on the feet and just amazing on the ground and his cardio is his biggest weapon and he used it so perfectly in the second fight against Junior.

Junior is incredible, a true talent, but to see Cain come back after such a brutal loss and end up dominating Junior like that for 25 minutes straight is unreal. I cheered for Cain, I always will cheer for him, but I didn't expect that at all. I remember all the people picking Junior to win, people saying that Junior was going to crush him within a round or two, and well.. wow.. just wow.

Another thing that Junior didn't seem to do is 'keep his hands up at all times'. Against Cain, when he was backed up towards the fence he would more rely on head movement or trying to roll with the punches, he did the exact same thing vs. Hunt as well. He would get cut off, drop his hands and that's why Cain landed so many strikes to the head, and that's why Hunt also landed some pretty decent punches to the head too.

Just like in that gif, you see that Junior was backed up towards the fence, had his hands dropped and Cain landed clean. Of course, Junior was dead tired, but he did this throughout the entire fight for some reason. I really don't know why he was dropping his hands in the first place, later in the fight, that's understandable, but earlier in the fight.. strange.

Junior tends to keep his hands low. That's his style. While he sees most everything that his opponent throws at him and is able to at least roll with most of the shots, he doesn't have great head movement, and as a consequence, he is quite hittable (and you can roll with shots all you want, they're still landing and doing damage). Having the hands low does help him with his takedown defence, though. His takedown defence did impress me (though, constantly muscling out of those takedowns contributed to him tiring).

I have to say....I enjoy the JDS/Cain topics a lot more then SIlva/Weidman.......one seems to have consistent good discussion and for the most honest fans. The other brings out the extreamists.

I have to say....I enjoy the JDS/Cain topics a lot more then SIlva/Weidman.......one seems to have consistent good discussion and for the most honest fans. The other brings out the extreamists.

Yes, you do seem to participate in many Silva/Weidman discussions.

Junior tends to keep his hands low. That's his style. While he sees most everything that his opponent throws at him and is able to at least roll with most of the shots, he doesn't have great head movement, and as a consequence, he is quite hittable (and you can roll with shots all you want, they're still landing and doing damage). Having the hands low does help him with his takedown defence, though. His takedown defence did impress me (though, constantly muscling out of those takedowns contributed to him tiring).

I know that, I remember seeings tons of people complain about it, but I don't recall him actually dropping his hands down by his sides very much at all except for the second fight against Cain and the fight against Hunt. He does roll with shots pretty well though, if he didn't, then Cain would have blown his head off for sure.

He has awesome TDD, that's for sure. The only thing that kind of sucked was that he grabbed the fence so many times in the second fight, I don't blame him because grabbing the fence when somebody is trying to take you down or slam you is mostly just instinctive to grab on to something.

I'm sure Junior will have covered a lot of the holes for the next fight, but if he gets cut off and pushed back as easily as before, it could be a serious problem and a long night for Junior. We'll find out real soon.

If JDS can somehow make Velasquez back up, which is hard for me to imagine, then he'll have a good chance of getting the KO.

Back