[VIDEO] JDS "At this fight I will walk forward a little bit too"

Lexomatik

Green Belt
Reaction score
He also talked about it would be a honor to fight Fedor.
Amped for sat :icon_twis
[YT]NOiTrrYaABQ[/YT]

Last edited:
If he keeps backing up to the cage before he moves laterally hes gonna get the shit beat out of him again.

That cut could really ruin this fight...

And as to the topic, I agree. It would interesting to see him try to take Cain down just to keep him guessing, as was done to JDS at 155.

That cut could really ruin this fight...

And as to the topic, I agree. It would interesting to see him try to take Cain down just to keep him guessing, as was done to JDS at 155.

True. If Kongo can slam Cain down, so can Junior.

good idea for him. if he just backs up the entire fight like last time he will be in trouble. His footwork and striking backing up is sub par and Cains while pressuring is some of the best.

It should have honestly been the entire focus of his training since he lost to Cain. I just dont think he has had enough time (10 months) to really remedy this big hole.

Cain and JDS respect and think Fedor was the greatest, but in sherdog his record is padded! Gotta love sherdog!

Cain will be targetting for that cut for sure. Unless we get a repeat of the first fight.

Walking forward would be the best thing for Junior in this fight. Letting Cain push the pace is possibly the worst thing because he can keep the pressure and he will win beat you up. Junior has always found most of his success when he's the one moving forward.

In the second fight with Cain, Junior wasn't able to get comfortable and he kept getting cut off at the fence and he eventually slowed down. He had no time to really plant his feet and land any real significant strikes that could have hurt Cain. Right before Junior got dropped, he tried to land a jab but he didn't plant his feet or step into the punch, so it wasn't effective and he got nailed with that right hand and after that, it was all downhill from there for him.

Junior also showed a lot of the same holes in the fight vs. Hunt, he kept getting pushed back very easily and cut off at the fence. When he got pushed back, he wasn't able to land that much because of course, he isn't comfortable with it at all and he didn't show many counters, he tried to circle away and take the center of the cage again. I don't blame him, nobody wants to be pushed back, but Junior really struggles with it.

Hunt landed his best shots when he back Junior towards the cage, but when Junior was able to take the center and push his own pace, he landed tons of jabs and that crazy overhand right that put Hunt on his ass.

In this next fight between Cain vs. JDS, I'll be cheering for Cain - but I hope that there is no domination, I want a real war, I want to see these guys truly slug it out with each other, I don't want to see an early KO or a 25 minute beating, I want to see a back and forth war, I'm sure that's something we all want to see.

It would be an honor just to meet Fedor, much less fight him. Which is of course like stepping in there with royalty.

Mirko was competitive with JDS, however he would have met a much different Crocop just a few years prior. Coming to North America, competing in the UFC, put Mirko into a world alien to his previous one.

Walking forward would be the best thing for Junior in this fight. Letting Cain push the pace is possibly the worst thing because he can keep the pressure and he will win beat you up. Junior has always found most of his success when he's the one moving forward.

In the second fight with Cain, Junior wasn't able to get comfortable and he kept getting cut off at the fence and he eventually slowed down. He had no time to really plant his feet and land any real significant strikes that could have hurt Cain. Right before Junior got dropped, he tried to land a jab but he didn't plant his feet or step into the punch, so it wasn't effective and he got nailed with that right hand and after that, it was all downhill from there for him.

Junior also showed a lot of the same holes in the fight vs. Hunt, he kept getting pushed back very easily and cut off at the fence. When he got pushed back, he wasn't able to land that much because of course, he isn't comfortable with it at all and he didn't show many counters, he tried to circle away and take the center of the cage again. I don't blame him, nobody wants to be pushed back, but Junior really struggles with it.

Hunt landed his best shots when he back Junior towards the cage, but when Junior was able to take the center and push his own pace, he landed tons of jabs and that crazy overhand right that put Hunt on his ass.

In this next fight between Cain vs. JDS, I'll be cheering for Cain - but I hope that there is no domination, I want a real war, I want to see these guys truly slug it out with each other, I don't want to see an early KO or a 25 minute beating, I want to see a back and forth war, I'm sure that's something we all want to see.

While I agree with the sentiment that JDS should try and find some way to push Cain backwards, JDS has never really been a come forward fighter. He likes fighting in the middle of the cage where he can slow down the pace and control the distance. From there, he is actually a bit of a technician (at least, when he is doing his best). Cain actually played into this a bit in the first fight (he was quite tentative and didn't take the initiative and use his high pressure gameplan).

It would be an honor just to meet Fedor, much less fight him. Which is of course like stepping in there with royalty.

Mirko was competitive with JDS, however he would have met a much different Crocop just a few years prior. Coming to North America, competing in the UFC, put Mirko into a world alien to his previous one.

Prime Cro Cop VS Prime JDS is my alltime most wanted fight. Would have loved to see it in a ring or cage. The 2 best HW strikers ever

While I agree with the sentiment that JDS should try and find some way to push Cain backwards, JDS has never really been a come forward fighter. He likes fighting in the middle of the cage where he can slow down the pace and control the distance. From there, he is actually a bit of a technician (at least, when he is doing his best). Cain actually played into this a bit in the first fight (he was quite tentative and didn't take the initiative and use his high pressure gameplan).

Yeah, I can take your word on that. Junior only pushes forward when he has to, but he does fight in the center most of the time and always uses jabs to set everything up. The way he dropped Yvel was beautiful, jab to the stomach, straight right to the stomach and then he comes back over up with a left hook and puts Yvel down. That shit was awesome, Junior really does have some amazing KO's.

But yeah, Cain did play into Junior's game in the first fight. Cain did very well with those kicks and he did land a few decent punches, but since Cain wasn't putting a lot of pressure and pushing Junior back, he ate that right hand and went straight down and got finished off.

Good post man, as usual. You're definitely one of the most knowledgeable posters on this site and I don't think I've ever disagreed with you.

Yeah, I can take your word on that. Junior only pushes forward when he has to, but he does fight in the center most of the time and always uses jabs to set everything up. The way he dropped Yvel was beautiful, jab to the stomach, straight right to the stomach and then he comes back over up with a left hook and puts Yvel down. That shit was awesome, Junior really does have some amazing KO's.

But yeah, Cain did play into Junior's game in the first fight. Cain did very well with those kicks and he did land a few decent punches, but since Cain wasn't putting a lot of pressure and pushing Junior back, he ate that right hand and went straight down and got finished off.

Good post man, as usual. You're definitely one of the most knowledgeable posters on this site and I don't think I've ever disagreed with you.

I appreciate it. I think JDS' chances in this fight will come down largely to how he deals with Cain's jab and whether or not he can find a way to counter it. I don't see JDS developing the legs to make it hard for Cain to find him, so he is going to have to find a way to deal with Cain in his face. He has the power and hand speed to cause serious problems for people in the pocket, but he just has trouble dictating the terms of the exchanges against a fighter like Cain (and in Junior's defense, Cain's style is very difficult to deal with for anyone). It's good to have you back. You and Sunfish (from the boxing forum) are two of the few unwarranted bannings that were overturned.

Agreed, this is why im worried for Junior. Counter striking didn't work well for him at all last time, and like you mentioned coming forward just really has never been his style

I appreciate it. I think JDS' chances in this fight will come down largely to how he deals with Cain's jab and whether or not he can find a way to counter it. I don't see JDS developing the legs to make it hard for Cain to find him, so he is going to have to find a way to deal with Cain in his face. He has the power and hand speed to cause serious problems for people in the pocket, but he just has trouble dictating the terms of the exchanges against a fighter like Cain (and in Junior's defense, Cain's style is very difficult to deal with for anyone). It's good to have you back. You and Sunfish (from the boxing forum) are two of the few unwarranted bannings that were overturned.

Another thing, Cain countered Junior with a 1-2 every single time he went for that uppercut, I want to see how he deals with that as well. Junior loves that uppercut and the overhand right and Cain easily countered him over and over when he went for it, shit, maybe Junior will throw a few head kicks this time.

I'm sure that Cain will come in with a very similar gameplan as last time, but I think that Cain will try to push Junior against the fence more to slow him down, we all know that Junior is mostly dangerous in the 1st round and due to the pace that Cain can put up, Junior will likely slow down a little bit again. I don't think it will be as bad as last time, but if Junior didn't work on his conditioning more than ever for this camp, he might just get beat up again.

I just hope it's a good fight.

And I've never heard of Sunfish, but if you say he's a good poster, I believe you. And thanks, it's good to be back.

He should learn how to counter going backwards instead.

He tried too but he never followed up. Countering effectively while moving backwards is not easy. JDS is no Anderson or Lyoto in that aspect of striking. Plus he has to deal with Cains level changes and TD threat. He needs smart counter combos and awareness or he can try countering he times the TDs

Back