Video i just came across of Shogun's reaction to Conor McGregor

he was checking out that badass Dethrone cap Conor was wearing....... is normal

I've been posting that around for like a fucking year and some other (equally brilliant) cats have too.

People say look @ Shogun's reaction, but look instead at Lord Chael's. He's totally indifferent. Compare with Chael's supposed taking Conor (sort of) seriously nowadays. Shogun's amusement is actually an act of kindness.

The story arc is here: scrawny, badly-dressed, ridiculously overcompensating manlet swaggerjacks the image of Josh Mario John, a famous male model, while mysteriously bulking in a way that would make Reem drool with envy, and starts blathering until the UFC casuals, who are similar in nature to WWE casuals, take note. And thanks to having a solid left hand and being able to cut a shitton of weight to fight tiny (tinier?) men, he makes a career of it.

That's not even a criticism. That's a superb level of self-invention. Shit, how many guys dream of doing that kind of physical transformation, let alone doing that and getting pretty fucking rich in the process?

But Conor is always that guy underneath and will always be triggered by adversity that calls him back to that place. (see post-presser gif of animal fear as Diaz strolls by). For an aspiring Sherdawg PhD like myself, it's fascinating, fascinating indeed, dear friends.
4023572-7393408934-shott.gif

Brilliant post - i'd write more like these but it's so much faster and hilarious to post him getting KTFO and choked by N8.

what exactly am i looking for, everything seems normal

Shogun went on to get tapped by Chael Sonnen and KO'd by 50 year old Hendo.

Conor went on to KO the FW GOAT in 13 seconds.

umad?
A gif of this video is the perfect response to your post.

I've been posting that around for like a fucking year and some other (equally brilliant) cats have too.

People say look @ Shogun's reaction, but look instead at Lord Chael's. He's totally indifferent. Compare with Chael's supposed taking Conor (sort of) seriously nowadays. Shogun's amusement is actually an act of kindness.

The story arc is here: scrawny, badly-dressed, ridiculously overcompensating manlet swaggerjacks the image of Josh Mario John, a famous male model, while mysteriously bulking in a way that would make Reem drool with envy, and starts blathering until the UFC casuals, who are similar in nature to WWE casuals, take note. And thanks to having a solid left hand and being able to cut a shitton of weight to fight tiny (tinier?) men, he makes a career of it.

That's not even a criticism. That's a superb level of self-invention. Shit, how many guys dream of doing that kind of physical transformation, let alone doing that and getting pretty fucking rich in the process?

But Conor is always that guy underneath and will always be triggered by adversity that calls him back to that place. (see post-presser gif of animal fear as Diaz strolls by). For an aspiring Sherdawg PhD like myself, it's fascinating, fascinating indeed, dear friends.

Solid analysis.

shogun be like:

giphy.gif

Saw it on here yesterday I believe for the first time. Was kinda fun actually but can't blame Shogun.. Conor looks like a fucking goof at times.
That's an understatement if there ever was one.

Haven't heard one single person say that Hendricks, GSP, Aldo, or Meisha was successful do to an ability "to cut a shitton(shit ton?) of weight to fight tinier men". All have had documented, severe weight cutting issues. While Conor has made championship weight for non-championship fights.

That "bullying smaller men" card is horse shit.

shogun be like:

giphy.gif
That's a great gif. But it speaks to a level of incredulity/amazement that Shogun in no way expressed. Shogun is actually verging on amused facepalm except he's Shogun, and still a boss at this point, and Conor doesn't warrant that much attention/effort. It'd be like an aging T-Rex taking time out of his schedule to laugh at a tree frog, right?

That's a great gif. But it speaks to a level of incredulity/amazement that Shogun in no way expressed. Shogun is actually verging on amused facepalm except he's Shogun, and still a boss at this point, and Conor doesn't warrant that much attention/effort. It'd be like an aging T-Rex taking time out of his schedule to laugh at a tree frog, right?

his mannerisms reminded me of this gif,but its not exactly the same. I still like conor anyway,him lookin like a goofball in that vid makes me laugh.

Shogun went on to get tapped by Chael Sonnen and KO'd by 50 year old Hendo.

Conor went on to KO the FW GOAT in 13 seconds.

umad?
Shogun won the pride gp against the toughest group of motherfuckers on the planet. U mad?

Haven't heard one single person say that Hendricks, GSP, Aldo, or Meisha was successful do to an ability "to cut a shitton(shit ton?) of weight to fight tinier men". All have had documented, severe weight cutting issues. While Conor has made championship weight for non-championship fights.

That "bullying smaller men" card is horse shit.
Correct. Conor is good at it. Thus you'll never hear him discussed alongside Hendricks, who is objectively terrible at making weight. Conor also has the a size/reach advantage that is substantially more than what Aldo has occasionally enjoyed. GSP, too, never got that much of an advantage in terms of size/reach. But that's neither here nor there. It's not about John, GSP, or Meisha, and barely about Aldo.

It's well documented that Conor's FW cuts are massive and painful. Don't be triggered by a fact that his own people have admitted. Let's see how Conor fares fighting at 145, and above 145, in the IV ban, USADA era, and go from there. So far he's .000 against Diaz.

Last edited:
Back