Video: HBO's John Oliver clowns UFC's Dana White for Trump stump on 'Last Week Tonight'

So his point went right over your head. I'm not surprised, motherfuckers.
i get what his point was trying to be.

but it retarded when he even admits trump knew what cruz was going to say but still let him say it. if trump DIDN'T know what was going to be said, then yes, that would have been a good example of how the conservative party and this convention was a complete mess right now. but trump knew cruz didn't support him and still had the balls to let him speak his mind.

it's refreshing to see someone who supports the freedom of speech and not censoring someone you disagree with. it's a shame JO tried to shit on trump for that. but JO is a liberal after all...

Yeah, you got him... and what about the ridiculously large number of people who said they wanted to change their vote?
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-anger-bregret-leave-voters-protest-vote-thought-uk-stay-in-eu-remain-win-a7102516.htmls
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...t-think-vote-count.html#v-5586712107814336630
These are the kinds of people the Trump campaign are counting on to win. The number of people expressing regret is far more than 1000, more like 1M. Stop being such a mouthpiece for this bullshit. You're better than that.

How is this relevant to my critique of what Oliver said? He made a fallacious point, based on a flawed analysis, which turned out to be false anyway. What actually takes place is that he can be a comedian when it suits him, and a political commentator when it fits him, and as such, the truth is irrelevant. It's dangerous.

As for your claim, I'd like to see proof that 1 million voters regretted their vote.

Amen

Also....many of Oliver's points mean nothing.

The best point he made was about Newt. I saw that interview and cringed when I saw it live.

Let's see what Oliver thinks of the handling of the DNC (not that it really matters) or better yet Hillary's handling of top secret e-mails.

Oliver's audience is bereft of all wisdom. They are like GMO corn, appearing normal, but devoid within.

A lot of his points mean nothing due to editing everything to fit each point/joke "shrug" and never give anything political fairness... Newt like Johns audience are out of the loop dips. I wanted him to tell the reporter that violent crime has dropped over all because legal gun ownership went way up over that time frame and big cities where the the most gun crime occur are where the strongest gun laws are enforced;and where the lowest legal gun ownership is and unfortunately the highest concentration of black residents. all the facts go against gun control.

I wonder if that could be because the threat of illegal immigration from Mexico has been totally overblown and is a temptest in a teapot. More Mexicans have left the US for Mexico than the other way around lately.

More Mexicans Leaving Than Coming to the U.S.
Net Loss of 140,000 from 2009 to 2014; Family Reunification Top Reason for Return

You should come to San Jose and meet all the folks from Guatemala, Nicaragua, Honduras and the very docile El Salvadorians that have made their way here and ran a lot of good people out. There is easily four hundred thousand to a half million people here that we don't have down on paper. We do feed, give general assistance to them (Santa Clara County) and numerous other services...

My Spanish has been really good since I was 15 (39 now) and always use it. I love the faces when they hear a Irish guy throw out well accented Spanish, half the time I know where they're from by their accents... Like Trump said most are great people but not all coming across are. Why is it wrong to filter that? When guys I chat with who have only been here a couple years tell me to my face how many worst of the worst gang members are steadily moving into our city it erks me a little. The guy who told me that mentioned he had moved from up from LA almost ten years prior to get away from what is starting to happen here. About 6-7 years ago southerners started increasing at insane numbers and in no time at all ran all the Norte gangs out of the city. They really didn't even put up a fight.

It's put a huge strain on this city in many ways. It's getting pretty packed here, traffic is fucked and trying to find work to support just yourself is very hard. The houses on each side of me have like 15 people living in them. Real estate gone thru the roof coupled with almost no new houses being built but tons of apartments are; One low income apt building for every high income apt building or condos. Not much middle ground or class here since the bubble pop in 08. Middle class has left here in that time while tech boom supports the influx of upper and lower class. I also live 4 blocks from the where the Trump rally occurred and that wasn't fun.

It feels like they have gained back those lost in the past two years.

Last edited:
John Oliver is the ultimate cuck. I like how this dumb fuck was clowning on everyone that opposes the refugees going into Europe only for the bataclan massacre to happen a month after.

I wonder if he is taking any kind of responsibility for the attacks that are happening in Germany now?

"Why wouldn't you want hundreds of thousands of Muslim men invading your country?? How ignorant and racist of you!! Studies show that they will actually raise living standards!!"

What a load of shit.

All things considered, pretty minor clowning.

Trump's clowning of America will be much, much better.

Coming Soon:

"Last Week Tonight: With Newt Gingrich"

I can see the Trump brigade has arrived. Always amsuing to watch how they desperately flail around ("cuck cuck oh my god cuck HILLARYY!!111"), each time someone points out the absurdities revolving around their master.

Anyway, great show. Only political satire worth watching anymore.
The Daily Show has gone to shit and Colbert has sold his soul. I'm really glad Oliver have been able to establish that show, the effort they put into each episode is pretty astounding. He takes on some very pressing issues as well (and usually issues that isn't given much attention in the media), and has a great deal of research behind him.

I wish someone in my country was talented enough to make such a show. Every country should have political satire of that caliber.

Shit, I just realized how much I miss Colbert (the real one). I wanted to believe he was some loose cannon who couldn't be turned into some bland talk show host, but alas...

The only statistic I need to know is that its 2016 COME ON

Video: HBO's John Oliver clowns UFC's Dana White for Trump stump on 'Last Week Tonight'

Explain this bullshit as taking things out of context instead of just plain taking advantage of the stupid. It's the Republican way of campaigning 24/7-365, scare the shit out of people to the point where facts don't matter anymore and no one uses their brains to the point where they stare the facts right in the face and ignore them.

Just beware, campaigning on the message "they are all coming to kill us" is how dictators get elected.

Jon Oliver is such a prick. So biased and warped view of the world.

Facts ... Funny how liberals wanna talk facts, you bring up the fact that black people commit more violent crime than any other demographic and they "get triggered", that rape crime has increased in Sweden with the influx of Muslim migrants etc... . Any fact that doesn't support their narrative, they run and hide from it and call you "racist"

Also, fear of crime is a thing. I'm from London and I remember being able to play outside as a kid till the evening and not fear crime at all. However, every year, as I grew older, there was a stabbing, a rape, a hit and run, a mugging ... That happened right round the corner and it was increasingly dangerous to walk the streets at night, for sure ... DGAF what statistics in a book say, this was reality.

Agreed. I'm not sure what I hate the most between his face, positions and voice, but my god i would love to punch that face.

He just comes off as a know it all but the man is a god damn comedian so nobody should take him serious. He makes his living being a joke.

Not exactly a man to look up to/male role model. He also seems like he has never been in a fight and would be the type of guy to spit at you and then run away before catching the inevitable ass beating.

whoa whoa whoa
John Oliver shillling for the fucking liberals aka leftists aka new fascist douche bags

say it ain't so

the entire panel of republican speakers was a fucking embarrassment. that crazy seal guy, exploiting the mother of the seal that died in benghazi (my god you republicans know no low), all of trump's disgusting fucking kids. it was just a fucking clown car of disturbing proportions.

already the DNC has been refreshingly interesting. much like the republican vs democratic debates, there's no denying who the more dignified party is right now.

so if people are so stupid to not see this and vote trump into the presidency, god help us all. mike pence will be in charge, and the first thing he'll do is ask a plastic jesus doll whether he needs to kill all the muslims or not. we'll really be fucked.

the entire panel of republican speakers was a fucking embarrassment. that crazy seal guy, exploiting the mother of the seal that died in benghazi (my god you republicans know no low), all of trump's disgusting fucking kids. it was just a fucking clown car of disturbing proportions.

already the DNC has been refreshingly interesting. much like the republican vs democratic debates, there's no denying who the more dignified party is right now.

so if people are so stupid to not see this and vote trump into the presidency, god help us all. mike pence will be in charge, and the first thing he'll do is ask a plastic jesus doll whether he needs to kill all the muslims or not. we'll really be fucked.
Was it dignified to have people who proudly declared themselves illegal immigrants, in clear defiance of the law of the land, speak at the DNC?

Was it dignified to have the mother of Michael Brown, a man who assaulted a police officer and was killed for his troubles, speak at the DNC?

Was it dignified to have Bill Clinton, and even I can't deny he's a great speaker, tell a fanciful love story about his life with Hillary despite fucking half the young women in the country during their marriage?

Was it dignified of top party officials to collaborate by email on how to paint Bernie Sanders as an atheist as a smear tactic, probably never realizing these drafts would ever be seen by the public?

Get off of your high horse. I don't love Trump and I strongly disagree with some of the things he's said. But he's probably going to get my vote, and the DNC's pathetic display of pandering isn't going to sway me.

This Oliver dude is at best a bit player, unlike Stewart. Or even John Byner.

16e.gif

^^^^
trump supporters are delusional about what a mess the party is.

Your penis obession is showing. Better prep the bull before you get in your cuck shed while Jamal fucks your wife, you cuck :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:.
You were doing well up until the end. Had to clip you for that.

All you need to know about this shill Oliver is right there in his "brutal takedown" of those who were opposed to letting the wave of migrants into their country. Seriously, if you haven't watched it check it out, it's posted earlier in this thread. 17 minutes of bullshit. Acting like that poor girl was the typical refugee/migrant being unleashed on Europe. That girl wouldn't have a hard time getting refugee status in any Western country, so cut the shit. Stewart and Colbert are also left-wing shills, just the counterparts to the O'Reillys and the Hannitys of the world, but at least they could be funny. This English goof can't even accomplish that. "Muslims can live anywhere...it's not like asking a dolphin to live in Arizona" oh man that's so hilarious. He's just a clown who virtue-signals, distorts facts and spews bullshit. I guess it isn't a surprise that Thames loves this guy off.

I guess the leaders of countries like Slovakia ("you can build some mosques!") and Poland who were brutally taken down by him are probably still smarting from it, but as a consolation they haven't had to cover up a mass Muslim sexual assault like Cologne, and they haven't had a week like Germany just had. Would love to see Oliver have to come face to face with a victim (or family member of a victim) of rapeugee violence and try to tell them how great of an idea it was to bring all these savage young men in to their country.

16e.gif

^^^^
trump supporters are delusional about what a mess the party is.

I think you have it backwards. Trump supporters are supporting Trump because the party is a mess. It's a vote against the Republican establishment who have sold out conservatism. Not to mention the Liberal party. It's a vote against this duopoly.

Was it dignified to have people who proudly declared themselves illegal immigrants, in clear defiance of the law of the land, speak at the DNC?

Was it dignified to have the mother of Michael Brown, a man who assaulted a police officer and was killed for his troubles, speak at the DNC?

Was it dignified to have Bill Clinton, and even I can't deny he's a great speaker, tell a fanciful love story about his life with Hillary despite fucking half the young women in the country during their marriage?

Was it dignified of top party officials to collaborate by email on how to paint Bernie Sanders as an atheist as a smear tactic, probably never realizing these drafts would ever be seen by the public?

Get off of your high horse. I don't love Trump and I strongly disagree with some of the things he's said. But he's probably going to get my vote, and the DNC's pathetic display of pandering isn't going to sway me.

you don't even see trump for the dangerous man that he is. he's so unbelievably unqualified and his temperament so outrageously unfit that it's shocking people can be so gullible to put him up as a nominee. it's utter craziness.

you sit there and think some college kids acting "political correct" and some gay guys getting married will destroy the country. you have such a distorted perspective of what's important in the world that it is literally mind boggling.

and you and other republicans are so crazy at this point that nothing you say is trustworthy. you make up facts, quote fake stories and put up fake numbers all day every day like fucking robots. you paint a picture of a world that is literally nothing like the one you are screaming about. which presumably comes from a person who lives a very solitary life and has little to no exposure to education or other people. christ, that gingrich interview where he says he'll go with how people "feel" over facts completely sums up how every republican here posts. dishonest, immoral and outright terrifying.

i don't like to stereotype you, but you are literally the worst poster i've ever seen. ever. even over flat earth, bible thumping ripskater. you are so unbelievably and deliberately dishonest that i'm shocked your conscience lets you sleep at night. if i was even 10% as dishonest as you, i think the only way i could get through the day is by cutting myself. and i don't mean that hyperbolically either, that's how little i think of you and other "republicans" who want to put trump in power. i find it disgusting and outright treasonous to everything this country stands for.

meanwhile, you want to execute hillary clinton for some emails. need i fucking say any more.

Back