Video: GSP "I would be interested in fighting winner of Khabib/Conor"

UFC and Dana can talk all the bullshit about GSP vacating titles and what it does to the divisions, but at the end of the day, they are looking for paydays just like the fighters. If GSP is willing, they’d be stupid not to make that fight.

He actually says in the interview that money is his motivation. But second one after legacy.
That's why he, according to him, turn down Nate offer.

Now he might be hypocrite in here too, but let's be honest: Do you think GSP-Nate wouldn't have been profitable for him?
They would've given him huge salary, AND huge PPV points would've been made 100%

Yea, but he’ll be rooting for Conor.
It’s the biggest payday, and might be the most watched fight in UFC history.

Yea, but he’ll be rooting for Conor.
It’s the biggest payday, and might be the most watched fight in UFC history.

The problem is, no one promised him Conor.

UFC have 3 superstars, each of them can headline a big PPV.
Putting one against another is throwing 2 eggs in one basket.

Serious question, how can anyone agree with GSP fighting the LW champ? I know many people love GSP and hates the UFC but do you guys think it's "right" for the sport that he beats another champ and then leave the division? if you say money then you should not have problem with Lesnar fighting Cormier for the HW belt

The problem is, no one promised him Conor.

UFC have 3 superstars, each of them can headline a big PPV.
Putting one against another is throwing 2 eggs in one basket.

We don’t know that.
Obviously it would be unprofessional of him to announce that he’s fighting Conor or the winner of the fight. He doesn’t work for the PR department.
The UFC would want to do a big press conference if that fight got made.

Remember how angry they were when Helwani jumped the gun on them?

It seems SO obvious that GSP vs Conor would be the biggest fight ever.
Am I wrong here?

So put him in the co-main event and make

GSP vs. Tony Ferguson

The winner will have the next titleshot. So he can prove if he really wants that belt and deserve his chance.

Id love to see this fight.

We don’t know that.
Obviously it would be unprofessional of him to announce that he’s fighting Conor or the winner of the fight. He doesn’t work for the PR department.
The UFC would want to do a big press conference if that fight got made.

Remember how angry they were when Helwani jumped the gun on them?

It seems SO obvious that GSP vs Conor would be the biggest fight ever.
Am I wrong here?

It is - but as I said, it's better 2 huge fights than one "hugest'

"I'm looking for fights that help me improve my legacy. I don't want to fight Nate Diaz because everyone sees me as a winner and I'll look like a bully"
"I won't fight Anderson right now because I have more to lose than to win in this fight"

Come on, Georges. Please, don't make me lose respect for you for such clear contradictive defense...

Well, he's right. Anderson could still possibly beat him, and then what? GSP got beat by an old, WAY passed his prime Anderson. And if GSP wins, then so what? He beat an old, WAY passed his prime Anderson.

There's not much up side in that.

He's been saying it for awhile.

But will they let him?

No.They will not let him. He will get offered the loser. He will not get the chance to fuck up another division even worse, then ride off leaving another division in limbo.

Serious question, how can anyone agree with GSP fighting the LW champ? I know many people love GSP and hates the UFC but do you guys think it's "right" for the sport that he beats another champ and then leave the division? if you say money then you should not have problem with Lesnar fighting Cormier for the HW belt
I like fights more than I like belts and divisions. So, yeah, GSP vs Khabib/Conor would be fun. And I have nothing against Brock/DC.

What can suck is when these money fights make lower ranked guys wait for the title picture to clear out before they make any moves again. Leads to less fights. But sometimes the big one is worth it and GSP vs Conor/Khabib would be worth it.

Conor vs GSP

155lbs - Fight doesn't happen for medical reasons.

160lbs - Conor via TKO round 2-3

165lbs - GSP via sub/tko round 2

170lbs - GSP via sub/tko round 1-2

We all knew that was coming.

Would be a crazy fight against either guy.

But man, can GSP really make 155?

If he says he can make i'd more or less assume he would.He's such a professional and intelligent enough to take the correct steps to be prepared fully to make the weight.He's just one of those guys I wouldn't question about something like that and expect him to be on weight.Walking around at 183 now and then changing some things up I think he'd be fine.Him at LW is kinda scary.

I remember gsp using Roy Jones jr as a template, saying that if was the jump to hw then rapidlyvthe descent that in accord with aging hastened a huge physical fuck up, gaining them losing so much weight and muscle rapidly.

This actually was a mini paradigm opinion shared amongst many trainers and strength trainers nag guys in that area.

George Isactually really intelligent and he shows the smarts/wisdom thinking long term, it’s funny though that his last fight vs bidding, the blueprint or he aimed to weigh in at 200 fight night, but during camp got colitis due to excess feeding (for his individual body).

Now after doing the intermittent fasting thing is seemingly walking around 180sh.
(Last Rogan interview)

I think he’ll make weight and beat either khabib or Conor, or smother miscalculation gonna cost him this time. (I think the former).

Funny though, how he came full circle.
Him and his team prolly learned through experience and research what works for him.

There can be no reason that this doesn't happen. It would be a huge fight, WME could pay off a big chunk of their loan.

I think GSP can beat them both. Three division champ, that would be some legacy to leave behind.

How do you you jump from 185 all the way down to 155? Dude is ducking big time.

I like GSP but the only way he should get a title shot at 155 is if he can make the weight AND defend the title if he wins it.

Back