Video Games Are Getting Expensive

No, for xbox , if you want to save your game at all, you need to be subscribed to xbox live.

Not true. Almost all 360 saved games are on the hard drive.... I would say all of them.

In fact, on Borderlands, I copied the save file to a USB and edited it on a PC.

Now, if you selected the cloud for your saved games instead of the hard drive, then it’s likely your games are trapped there if you let Live expire.

You can get them back though, just pay for a month of live or a few days. Then transfer them.

Now if you’re trying to play 360 games on an Xbox One, I really don’t know how that works then

Yeah, if you but then right when they come out.

If you wait a couple months they drop to $30 or less.

Street Fighter II Special Champion Edition for the Genesis was $80 at Sears back in 1993.

I stay like 10 years behind the curve on games. The absolute most I ever pay is $20CDN.

Street Fighter II Special Champion Edition for the Genesis was $80 at Sears back in 1993.
Virtua Racing on Genesis was $100 around that time.

It all started with expansion, then comes dlc, and then micro transaction. Chopping up content into smaller and smaller bits and nickle and dime players. And now with live service bs.

It got so bad that when AAA game publisher does not have predatory pricing for their game its actually brag worthy for them.

Couple that with the fact that they don't even finish games any longer. they give you an unfinished game and then they fix it later.

And they send out an email or tweet apologizing about it, rinse and repeat.

And since no one it's going to stop buying video games, it will continue to happen and get worse. I'm personally angry at anyone that went to the store and bought Fallout 76. I knew that was going to be a steaming pile of shit the moment it was introduced and yet idiots bail Bethesda out by purchasing it in droves.

I'm only moderately satisfied to know that they all got burned and made to look stupid.
This shit is ruining games. I don't care if a free game has micro-transactions but no full priced games should have micro-transactions.

The always online system they try to implement in games nowadays is also annoying. No one should have to login or be required to be online to play a game.

I also don't encourage this trend of unfinished games. The only unfinished game I purchased was Day Z several years ago and I immediately regretted it.

A lot of these companies will drop unfinished games and once they have made their money they never fufill their promise of actually finishing the game.

These early access games have flooded steam in the past few years. So many independent crap out there.

Are, is this a 2012 thread?

I never seen a $80 game, unless you are talking about a collectors/limited edition.

All new games, standard games(no collectors), are worth $60 new...all of em, except the indie games, sometimes they cost $40 or less.

But I agree overall they cost more when u factor in DLC bullshit.
CDN dollar

This shit is ruining games. I don't care if a free game has micro-transactions but no full priced games should have micro-transactions.

The always online system they try to implement in games nowadays is also annoying. No one should have to login or be required to be online to play a game.

I also don't encourage this trend of unfinished games. The only unfinished game I purchased was Day Z several years ago and I immediately regretted it.

A lot of these companies will drop unfinished games and once they have made their money they never fufill their promise of actually finishing the game.

These early access games have flooded steam in the past few years. So many independent crap out there.
The online thing has really made me sour over the years and I'm really afraid they're going to ruin future games for me over this.

I am a massive massive Elder Scrolls fan and based on what Bethesda did with Fallout 76 I am fucking terrified but they are going to ruin Elder Scrolls 6 after nearly a decade of waiting for it.

But it's not me to trying to sell two anymore. Kids want to explore and play with their friends , and apparently their parents have hooked them follow up with high speed internet and all that.

Growing up I was lucky to get a game a year after its release.

The games now have way more people working on them and have an insane amount of content compared to older games from even a decade ago, so I think they're still a good deal. If you told me that certain games were $200 and I could only play them if I paid that, then I would in all honesty.

Actually, you're right. Just researched it. I didn't realize that games in 1990 cost $50 on average.

Mortal Kombat 11. I was reading reviews and a bunch of people were complaining about micro-transactions.

I'm sure there are plenty others. Micro-transactions seem to be the thing these days. That and the always online model are ruining videogames.

I think Super Street Fighter 2 when it came out in 1995 for the Genesis was at tops $75 in California.

So yeah games are still the same I would say still expensive.

If you wait about a year you can get the game of the year editions that have all of the DLC content for about $60. If you wait long enough you can get the game for $30 or cheaper.

The games now have way more people working on them and have an insane amount of content compared to older games from even a decade ago, so I think they're still a good deal. If you told me that certain games were $200 and I could only play them if I paid that, then I would in all honesty.

The industry as a whole has grown. There are way more video gamer than in the past to spread the cost around.

Companies are just continuously pushing the boundaries on what players are willing to accept in terms of their monetization methods. If there is enough pushback by the players to not buy these games or buy the game but do not spend additional money on the micro transactions then maybe studios will take note and stop it.

That is really annoying if the game is not really online based like Ragnaork or some MMO why the need to have it online just to play it?

I think they do that so they can monitor if some one is running a pirated copy they did that with GTA4 years ago and it sucked!

I’m about 10 years behind in video games, so I just buy them for $10 or so.

Wow

It used to be that the business model of game companies was: make a good game that sells, maybe some expansions later. Now it is making it a "game as a service" with longterm monetization plans with microtransactions & lootboxes that use gambling psychology to lure people in. The actual game play is tweaked around not to make it fun or rewarding but to make you want to spend money.

L17Qgj6.jpg

Actually SNES games in the early 90s were 80 bucks.

Back