[Video] Fury responds to AJ call out "I'll fight ya"

Rikston

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Aj has expressed his interest to fight Fury on multiple occassions since beatin Klitschko, here's Fury's response..

Glad he says he still has love for the game with a smile on the treadmill.

He is correct though, AJ is paper untill he defeats him, and he is also right that nobody is forcing AJ to do any mandetory with threats of early stripping.

I hope he takes a warm fight up before AJ, bad enough people are discrediting the klitchko win cause of his age, then they'll descridit AJ if he beats Fury cause of the long lay off.

Time for him to stop the chat and get back in the ring. A fit and healthy fury is a tough fight for everyone in the division!

Got to win a fight with a diet first.

Glad he says he still has love for the game with a smile on the treadmill.

He is correct though, AJ is paper untill he defeats him, and he is also right that nobody is forcing AJ to do any mandetory with threats of early stripping.

I hope he takes a warm fight up before AJ, bad enough people are discrediting the klitchko win cause of his age, then they'll descridit AJ if he beats Fury cause of the long lay off.

True. It's a shame that at the very top of the sport, in the top 3, one fighter is near retirement, and another is a 100 lb overweight and getting over drugs.

Fury would be a tough opponent for AJ, (I'd actually favour Fury to outbox him) IF he can manage to get back in shape. Otherwise it's not even worth talking about.

Fury would be a tough opponent for AJ, (I'd actually favour Fury to outbox him) IF he can manage to get back in shape. Otherwise it's not even worth talking about.
I think Id favor Fury's chances against Wilder more than I would against AJ. Thats a pretty hard fight to break down imo. Fury moves well and is awkward and a pretty good boxer but leaves himself open quite a bit. AJ is fundamentally pretty sound although robotic, but hes a fucking killer.

I think AJ finds him and puts his lights out before Fury can batter him and wear him down. Dont think Fury has the big power to keep AJ off of him, but he could catch him with something he doesnt see.

Yeah I favour AJ against Fury. I feel people are getting a bit carried away with Tyson's performance against Wlad and suddenly talking about him as if he's Larry Holmes. Tyson didn't turn into a defensive genius over night, he's always been open and hittable, ask Steve Cunningham. He just fought a guy that completely malfunctioned in front of him and realistically, only throws single shots at the best of times.

It's going to be a whole different ball game leaning and slipping away from Joshua's combinations than it was with Wlad's jab. Fury doesn't have a great chin either, I don't see how he's going to ride out those onslaughts from Joshua, he can't afford to give him the time, but realistically that's his only path to victory.

Fury and Wilder is interesting. I think it'd actually come down to how Wilder deals with Fury's power than the other way round. We know if Wilder lands the right shots it could be lights out, or Fury being the much bigger guy could take those shots. Smaller men have taken them for plenty of rounds so it'd be a shock if Fury buckled at the first one. Fury would go back to his high guard, and stalking style for this one, he's a beast on the inside and Wilder will be in trouble if he can push him to the ropes and punch inside. Those short heavy shots are dangerous.

I think Wilder would lawn chair Fury.

People are going to a couple of guys "surviving" Wilder's heat for some rounds but Wilder had said beforehand on at least one that he wanted to get some rounds in. They all got destroyed badly. One of which done with a broken hand and torn bicep.

PS he was just arrested for weed lol.

People are going to a couple of guys "surviving" Wilder's heat for some rounds but Wilder had said beforehand on at least one that he wanted to get some rounds in. They all got destroyed badly. One of which done with a broken hand and torn bicep.

Stiverne took every shot Wilder had, and he was the one going into the ring with issues. Doesn't mean he's not a killer, but it wasn't because he wanted to get rounds in. We haven't seen Wilder in with a top heayweight who's bigger than him yet. Fury can lean and smother shots unlike most of Wilder's opposition. He can also use his size to walk him down, it's hard to land a KO right hand if Fury shells up, he could play it cautiously.

It happens to every power puncher at one point, you step up another level and your power stops being the dominant factor.

Stiverne took every shot Wilder had, and he was the one going into the ring with issues. Doesn't mean he's not a killer, but it wasn't because he wanted to get rounds in. We haven't seen Wilder in with a top heayweight who's bigger than him yet. Fury can lean and smother shots unlike most of Wilder's opposition. He can also use his size to walk him down, it's hard to land a KO right hand if Fury shells up, he could play it cautiously.

It happens to every power puncher at one point, you step up another level and your power stops being the dominant factor.
One guy with an ungodly chin has went the distance. (Same guy who had to tackle Wilder to not get put to sleep in the first round.) Fury takes a nap if he takes that shot.

I said I liked Fury's chances against Wilder more than I do against AJ.

Fury is nowhere near the shape needed to fight a heavyweight boxer, and that is saying something.

I think Id favor Fury's chances against Wilder more than I would against AJ. Thats a pretty hard fight to break down imo. Fury moves well and is awkward and a pretty good boxer but leaves himself open quite a bit. AJ is fundamentally pretty sound although robotic, but hes a fucking killer.

I think AJ finds him and puts his lights out before Fury can batter him and wear him down. Dont think Fury has the big power to keep AJ off of him, but he could catch him with something he doesnt see.

f55db0db37d61e9128ef10f0aebb51a056efb7765f352fae0b33f1a7db210f1c.jpg

Yeah that's entirely possible but I was impressed with the way Fury stayed out of harms way with Wlad. It's a big ask though for him to come in being in that shape. I think that was the best Fury we'll ever see and probably the last time we'll see it.

Got to win a fight with a diet first.

Fury is 3-1 in my book. Then if he gets to fight AJ there's no way on earth AJ plays into Fury's awkward stick and move game. He'll chop him down to size to the body and throw vicious combos. Provided he doesn't punch himself out he would knock Fury out, IMO.

Back