Video - Frankie Edgar talks Aldo/Conor, staying ready incase, 135lbs, more

Graemeo

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
[YT]fC6S3o3CHbU[/YT]

Frankie Edgar talks KHK MMA team, Aldo vs McGregor, staying ready in case of injury, possible move to bantamweight & more

frankie's gonna treat conor like he's bj penn.

Sorry Frankie but they won't call you if Aldo drops out. They'd call the Holloway/Oliveira winner, like they went with Mendes.

UFC will keep Frankie from the title picture as long as they can.

Frankie may be the best fighter in UFC that's not a champ. Anyone else that should be in front?

Sorry Frankie but they won't call you if Aldo drops out. They'd call the Holloway/Oliveira winner, like they went with Mendes.

I don't blame them.. as skilled as he is I have 0 interest in watching him fight

If Aldo does not fight Conor, Faber is getting the title shot. There is a reason why he is on TUF.

If Conor TKOs Edgar in the first like Maynard almost did, nobody would care about Conor defending against Faber who can never win a title shot. If Conor beats Faber, there is still hope that Frankie can beat him.

I think Edgar should have got the shot. A fighter coming off a 1-1 record and fighting for the interim title shows the rankings are a bit.....stupid.

Anyway, Edgar got a title shot in his first fight at FW and the re-match against Henderson, so no idea where this whole being kept away from a title shot jargon is coming from. He's had his little favours done for him.

Then you add in his comments after the Faber fight saying he would only fight for the title next. And his manager talking about holding a riot outside Zuffa HQ isn't going to go down well.

Edgar wants to earn a few sheckles fighting Conor - and you can't blame him. But this whole keeping Edgar from a title shot is ridiculous.

If Aldo does not fight Conor, Faber is getting the title shot. There is a reason why he is on TUF.

If Conor TKOs Edgar in the first like Maynard almost did, nobody would care about Conor defending against Faber who can never win a title shot. If Conor beats Faber, there is still hope that Frankie can beat him.

Dana or one of TAM did say that before the Mendes fight, Conor would have fought Faber if he lost to Mendes & done TUF with him. So I hope you are 100 per cent wrong. It has to be Edgar next if Aldo pulls out.

Met him in person down the jersey shore Before his final fight against Maynard.

what a nice guy

If Aldo beats Conor and stays at 145, he will be very battle worn because I expect a war, and Frankie is getting a second wind at this part of his career. I expect Frankie to mop the floor with him if that fight happens. Last time they met it was Frankie's first trip to 145, and he was coming off of 5 or 6 huge title fights against some big boys all in a row. He has acclimated to 145 much better since then.

If Conor beats Aldo, Frankie is a nightmare for him stylistically. He has better boxing and movement than Mendes, is every bit as good of a wrestler as Mendes, and has the Cardio to go 5 easily. I see a similar fight to Dillashaw/Barao, with Frankie walking away with the belt.

I hope they give him his title shot. He has been dynamite lately.

Also wanna see him fight Dillashaw at 135. I think that would be one of the best, most high-paced fights ever.

Poor Frankie. The ufc Had him in limbo with that TUF season and that pointless rematch against Penn. Now's he's in Limbo yet again.

I think Edgar should have got the shot. A fighter coming off a 1-1 record and fighting for the interim title shows the rankings are a bit.....stupid.

Anyway, Edgar got a title shot in his first fight at FW and the re-match against Henderson, so no idea where this whole being kept away from a title shot jargon is coming from. He's had his little favours done for him.

Then you add in his comments after the Faber fight saying he would only fight for the title next. And his manager talking about holding a riot outside Zuffa HQ isn't going to go down well.

Edgar wants to earn a few sheckles fighting Conor - and you can't blame him. But this whole keeping Edgar from a title shot is ridiculous.

I'm not saying Frankie never got some leeway for title shots in the past. Post Aldo it's just been an unreasonably long road imo. He really should have been the one to get the call for replacement for the interim title imo. As it stands he might be passed up for the Holloway/Oliveira winner.

If Aldo vs McG ends controversial, he's gonna wait at least a year

UFC wants Edgar no where near Connor.

They know he's gonna wreck him and they want that cash cow to keep bringing them their checks.

If Aldo beats Conor and stays at 145, he will be very battle worn because I expect a war, and Frankie is getting a second wind at this part of his career. I expect Frankie to mop the floor with him if that fight happens. Last time they met it was Frankie's first trip to 145, and he was coming off of 5 or 6 huge title fights against some big boys all in a row. He has acclimated to 145 much better since then.

If Conor beats Aldo, Frankie is a nightmare for him stylistically. He has better boxing and movement than Mendes, is every bit as good of a wrestler as Mendes, and has the Cardio to go 5 easily. I see a similar fight to Dillashaw/Barao, with Frankie walking away with the belt.

I hope they give him his title shot. He has been dynamite lately.

Also wanna see him fight Dillashaw at 135. I think that would be one of the best, most high-paced fights ever.

Plus Frankie is more offensive than Chad from the top. I think he could sub Conor.

I honestly don't want Frankie and Conor to fight as I like both fighters and their fighting styles. That being said I'd love to see him fight guys like Dillashaw and Cruz, despite liking all three, because the pace and movement would be so interesting.

I'm not saying Frankie never got some leeway for title shots in the past. Post Aldo it's just been an unreasonably long road imo. He really should have been the one to get the call for replacement for the interim title imo. As it stands he might be passed up for the Holloway/Oliveira winner.

Yeah, I agree he should have gotten it instead of Mendes. When you watch the interview where Dana announces Aldo is out and Mendes is in, his logic is that "Mendes is ranked #1 and it makes sense"

I think it's a cop out in a way. The rankings are determined by media members, I'm pretty sure. And around the same time Jacare (ranked higher than Rockhold) was over looked for a title shot, there's also Gustafsson coming off a loss yet he's fighting Cormier, Bermudez on a 7 fight win streak and not getting a shot. Could go on all day.

I do think for the most part the UFC put on the right fights at the right time. With Edgar, maybe that fight against Faber didn't help - I thought it was a poor fight. And like I said in the previous post, maybe he and his managers comments after the Faber fight didn't help. I suppose with Mendes he had that great fight with Aldo & wrecked a top 5 fighter in his next fight.

Back