Video: Double attack from guard

Wrestleben

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
My instructor showing a cool double attack from guard.

Last edited:
Really cool technique. When he positioned his leg about 0.53 I thought he made a mistake and was going for a triangle and then I saw the omoplata possibly and then it turned into an armbar. There's a lot of depth to it which is always cool.

Really cool technique. When he positioned his leg about 0.53 I thought he made a mistake and was going for a triangle and then I saw the omoplata possibly and then it turned into an armbar. There's a lot of depth to it which is always cool.

Yeah, that's pretty awesome. Lots of other attacks from those positions. Nice video!

This is awesome!!!

I was going to try this out tonight, but I couldn't remember the technique exactly. I managed to remember that choke and put it into this sequence:

Armbar from guard > Choke when opp pulls arm out > Omoplata > Triangle

I've just recently started to play around with the Armbar-Triangle-Omoplata combo, and that choke is a nice addition in there!

I need to watch that video a few times over and try out that armbar at the end there.

Choke, Omoplata, triangle, reverse triangle, armbar, sweep, wristlocks.

Awesome position.

Clinty Crabtree! Sweet technique. Also have a cool one up on GracieMag from Mr.Crabtree. And here's Clint getting trophy from Chicago Open.

chicago03.jpg

I like it. The best part of that combo is that it's great for drilling.

nice move.

but technically, it is not a double attacks as such.

Clinty Crabtree! Sweet technique. Also have a cool one up on GracieMag from Mr.Crabtree. And here's Clint getting trophy from Chicago Open.

chicago03.jpg

Speaking of the Chicago open...let Junior know that Carlson Gracie Team got more Golds, silvers, and bronzes then first place Lloyd Irvin (we counted). I'm not sure how the IBJJF does team scores (Llloyds team did win a lot of purple/brown divisions), but it doesn't make much sense to me.

Speaking of the Chicago open...let Junior know that Carlson Gracie Team got more Golds, silvers, and bronzes then first place Lloyd Irvin (we counted). I'm not sure how the IBJJF does team scores (Llloyds team did win a lot of purple/brown divisions), but it doesn't make much sense to me.

It is 9 points for each gold, 3 points for silver and 1 point for bronze.

It is 9 points for each gold, 3 points for silver and 1 point for bronze.

So if Team B had more Golds, Silvers, and Bronzes then Team A, then team B should hypothetically win? Seems logical to me, but that's not what happened.

So if Team B had more Golds, Silvers, and Bronzes then Team A, then team B should hypothetically win? Seems logical to me, but that's not what happened.

do you have a link of the results?

Back