Media Video: Dominick Cruz returns after a 3 year layoff and destroys Takeya Mizugaki in under a minute

Gio

Wendy Belt
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
Who's excited to see 'The Dominator' back this weekend? He'll be facing Casey Kenney on the undercards.

UFC 259 is gonna be on fire!

I remember I was so hype back then.
I've always loved Cruz as a fighter and an innovator of the sport, can't stand him as a commentator though and find him to be a bit pretentious as a person.

Side note: Dom has potentially the most underrated wrestling in MMA. Very similar style to GSP in his takedowns, dude has flawless timing at intercepting his opponents momentum into a level change.

I think Kenney spams the calf kick

The 135 GOAT. Imagine what he could have done if he was never plagued with injuries.

Reactions: Gio
Sadly Cruz only seems to fight once every three years.

0-1 since 2017...

Why is he even ranked?

I'd absolutely love it if Dom comes out and destroys Kenney like he did here and then professes his love for Megan Anderson.

"Chris Tognoni smelled like alcohol and cigarettes."
-Takeya Mizugaki

What a performance, Mizugaki can be a tough nut to crack
Didn’t he get a title shit for this fight only to blow his knees out again and not be able to take it

Reactions: Gio
What a performance, Mizugaki can be a tough nut to crack
Didn’t he get a title shit for this fight only to blow his knees out again and not be able to take it

That is correct. It took another year and few months until he face TJ and reclaim his belt. Barao vs Cruz at that time will be the biggest what if in the history of the division

I'd say there's maybe a 1% chance of seeing a repeat of that against Kenney

Cruz has the most overrated boxing in MMA history.
I've never seen someone with such clean footwork have such shit hands.
Surprised it took so long for someone to finally beat him with how he wings punches from the hip.

Last edited:
I remember I was so hype back then.
I've always loved Cruz as a fighter and an innovator of the sport, can't stand him as a commentator though and find him to be a bit pretentious as a person.

Side note: Dom has potentially the most underrated wrestling in MMA. Very similar style to GSP in his takedowns, dude has flawless timing at intercepting his opponents momentum into a level change.
He is the worst commentator of all time. The worst.

Considering the context, this was easily one of the best MMA performances I've ever seen.

This inspired a lot of people that time. Everyone counted him out and said his career is over.

And now, it's 2021 and he's still fighting.

Lol- has to be a Cruz fan - think that was the only time Dom came and walked through someone in first round. I respect the gains Dom made since Faber put his john Hancock over Doms mug in their first fight( poster signings). Dom was in good position to dominate a division that had little to offer.

Too many people attach the word goat( or one of them) to the name of Dom Cruz. Hes not ....he just isnt and never was. He worked hard to become an elite in a nothing happening class( at the time) - I'll give him that. I'm also tough on fighters when the term " goat" is a label associated with name.

Outlier performance TBH. Literally Cruz only finish in his entire WEC/UFC career aside from Bowles breaking his hand lol

Back