Video: Dana White Talks With the UG

HolyHackZack

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score

Dana invited a group of fans from the MMA Underground to this Q&A type event following the weigh ins for UFC on Fox 5. Talks GSP vs Diaz, Anderson Silva, future of womens MMA and much more. Audio does drop out occasionally, I apologize but it was really more for my memories than anything else. Answer to knees to the head question at beginning that is cut off: 'In my opinion, which means jack shit, I think knees to the head should be legal.' Props to Dana and the UG!

EDIT: SECOND VIDEO, talking Strikeforce and Women's MMA, much better audio

Last edited:
thats pretty cool, ill give it a quick listen

he had an interview with arial where hes okay with the sherdog peeps now, too bad him and tons of other fighters are UG guys, i cant post there

Are we blaming the forum trolls or main site for not being invited?

Pretty awesome for the president of a major sports organization, the night before the biggest event of the year, to take over two hours from his day to just answer questions with his guard down to some of the most skeptical fans in the world.

personally I like sherdog better than the UG. I have an account for both but never go on my UG account

Looks like the discussion on womens MMA is in a separate video, about 4 minutes with much better audio, will post when I get a chance

its a shitty unorganised forum, with a lot of downtime, non working edit of quote buttons, you have to pay if you want to post links of pics.
the majority of the mod team is a failure to communicate, there are a few goods guys, but the rest are negative

I had planned on ignoring the UG vs Sherdog shit, but couldn't ignore the irony of this. So how about the content of the video?

its my experience, it has nothing to do with sherdog or other forums, the video is nice, dana use them to feel out certain ufc decisions/match ups

it's so hard to get a read on Dana sometimes. Can't tell when he is being honest or full of it.
Pretending like he didn't understand why the Sakara fight was a DQ and not a NC. I find it hard to believe that something that simple, he wouldn't understand.

He admitted they didn't talk to Miesha. Exactly what Miesha said all along.

Pretty awesome for the president of a major sports organization, the night before the biggest event of the year, to take over two hours from his day to just answer questions with his guard down to some of the most skeptical fans in the world.

Pretty much sums it up..

McMann also claimed she was never offered fight.

Sara McMann
@Sara_McMann
It is hard to turn down a fight... that was never offered #ForTheRecord

I wish I was cool enough for the UG.
Their layout makes me want to hit my screen though.

McMann also claimed she was never offered fight.

Sara McMann
@Sara_McMann
It is hard to turn down a fight... that was never offered #ForTheRecord

Interesting, wonder if they sorta cherry picked an opponent for Ronda that they think will be an easy win, but still sorta a good name. Carmouche is no pushover, but Carmouche is very good on the ground and pounding on people, but Ronda's ground game > Liz's

I understand not offering the fight to Tate, that didn't make any sense to me either, but someone is lying about McMann.

Back