Video: Dana White on Frankie:"Why you mad? You are the one who turned down the fight."

Dana is just gross

I get that a promoter has to promote, but he should be a little more creative... throwing a fighter under the bus to promote another is just bush league... cut off your nose to spite your face

Frankie cant handle the fact that Red Panty night came and went. Must burn like shit.

Uhh because Dana was aware that Frankie was unable to fight and was kept in the loop of his surgery, then used him to further the star power of another fighter on the roster at the expense of besmirching Frankies character. Frankie, an employee who played balled with the UFC for years and was their champion.

That is the perfect summary.

Frankie is a company man so it probably stings and feels like betrayal. He has a torn groin, the back office is aware, but they threw him in as another guy who 'wouldn't fight Conor'

The cold hard truth is Khabib, Ferguson and Alvarez are all lightweights who are available and would be far more difficult fights than Nate. That is a hard PR statement to make, so they worked backwards and tossed out Frankie's name.

Dana is just gross

I get that a promoter has to promote, but he should be a little more creative... throwing a fighter under the bus to promote another is just bush league... cut off your nose to spite your face

That is the thing.
Dana's stance with Edgar doesn't make him any money and does not promote anything.
All it does is hurt the public perception of one of his title contenders and former champ and that makes zero business sense for a promoter to do!

And that, my friends, is how you throw someone under the bus.

I don't know.
I understand what Dana is saying, but it is obvious he spoke like Frankie is making an excuse not to fight Conor.
And like Frankie said, the fact Frankie says yes means NOTHING if zuffa can turn around and NOT offer him the fight.

So even if Frankie was the FIRST ONE called and said yes, that would not guarantee him fighting Conor.

And IMHO this fight woule have NEVER been at 145, so even then, Frankie was not getting a title shot.

Uhh because Dana was aware that Frankie was unable to fight and was kept in the loop of his surgery, then used him to further the star power of another fighter on the roster at the expense of besmirching Frankies character. Frankie, an employee who played balled with the UFC for years and was their champion.

Uhh did you not see the part where Dana clearly says he didn't know Frankie was hurt before calling him?

burning-bridge.jpg

Most bosses or clients won't give a shit why you didnt show for something important only that you didnt. Dana is no different. Cry somewhere else emo Franky.

I swear half the people on sherdog are probably unemployable.
I'm quoting this because this is the reality of life.

Nowhere in Frankie rant did he say when he sent the MRI. Nowhere in his rant did he say UFC know he was injured prior to the phone call. But Dana White addressed this point directly, go watch DW interview again, it's at 9:24. Here is the quote: "... and when I called Frankie Edgar, I didn't know Frankie Edgard was injured. AFTER I called Frankie Edgar they send me a (MRI)."

Oh, my god, the level of nuthuggery makes you guys so fucking delusional it's not even funny anymore. Frankie said they knew he was injured but you're going to believe Dana (never met a lie he didn't fall in love with) White?

WTF does that have to do with anything?
So, a promoter can only show compassion for a fighter if they break the 1 million PPV threshold?
Stop being a nitwit.
Also GSP was Zuffa's biggest draw and Dana shoved him into the river - so even if you post had any validity (it didn't), my point stands!
A promoter thinks money. Therefore his sympathy level is likely to be commensurate with his receipts. You stop being a nitwit. I'm not attacking you personally, get the fuck over yourself.

Notice how all the fighters who have Conor in their heads end up injured just before the potential fight.
I'm sure they're all really scared of him. They are fighters for fuck sake, stop projecting your own fears of failure into the equation. They train hard and shit happens. Many fighters have pulled out of various fights over the years because of injury. People making out like fighters would tear groins and break their own feet to get out of a big money fight with a guy who wasn't far off getting beaten by mini-Mendes is laughable.

That said, I'm not a McG hater, I just don't believe in conspiracies.

It appears that Frankie is pissed because of the way that Dana presented it. Dana said Frankie refused the fight or whatever. But in no way did Dana mention that Frankie was hurt and just couldn't fight. It was presented more like Frankie was scared and not that Frankie was hurt and would most likely be a bad idea for him to fight hurt. Same with Aldo, being 1 or 2 weeks from just being cleared for contact. Dana doesn't want to accept any responsibility on his side. If anything you'd think he would learn, but it's just the way he is.

With Aldo the strange thing was his own message before were he wrote to be training for a possible late replacement of RDA , if he gets injured, and would fight everywere always.

He just should not have wrote that. It made it easy to target him when he understandable (because of recovery) had to say no. That was a stupid move from Aldo.

But in the bigger picture you are certainly right. Dana always throws his fighters under the bus if that gets him a buck more or boosts his ego.

Most bosses or clients won't give a shit why you didnt show for something important only that you didnt. Dana is no different. Cry somewhere else emo Franky.

I swear half the people on sherdog are probably unemployable.

At work my wife's supervisor didn't show up when when the big time people came to visit her office. It didn't matter that he was sick. Not showing up fucked his career. lol.

Oh, my god, the level of nuthuggery makes you guys so fucking delusional it's not even funny anymore. Frankie said they knew he was injured but you're going to believe Dana (never met a lie he didn't fall in love with) White?

You're too dumb to understand what you're reading so its pointless to argue with you.

Back