Video: Dana White on Frankie:"Why you mad? You are the one who turned down the fight."

how difficult is it to say "frankie us unable to fight because of an injury" rather than "i tried but frankie turned down the fight"?
it's clear that dana white doesnt like frankie but he shouldnt be making it sound like he is ducking mcgregor.

Sounds like a he said she said argument of semantics. Frankie is injured right? He physically cannot fight, correct? Then who the fuck cares. It's a moot point.

What are we gonna do, beat up on Frankie because he chose surgery? Believe there is some conspiracy behind telling Frankie to get surgery cuz rda isn't really gonna fight?

"You turned down the fight, pussy. Stop crying."

Good ole Dana.

CKiRvVeUcAEjTdI.jpg

My guess is that Frankie was planing on keeping his injury a secret so he could present himself to the world as THE no. 1 contender that has been available the whole time, but when when DW said he offered the fight to Frankie and he turned it down, Frankie had to reveal he was insured to excuse himself.

Frankie had already sent his medical records to the UFC before any of that went down. They knew he had surgery.

http://www.mmamania.com/2016/2/24/1...it-comments-refusing-conor-mcgregor-fight-mma
"I didn’t just pull my groin, I tore it. I sent Dana and everyone in the UFC my MRI. I’m even more pissed that Dana’s insinuating that I ‘refused’ to take this fight, which is bullshit, just because they asked me doesn’t mean they were going to give it to me because guess what, in July they asked me to take the [UFC 189] fight on 15 day’s notice, which of course I accepted, and I still didn’t get it. I feel like my integrity is something that I’ve built over the years and I’ve been such a good guy to the UFC, and then they’re going to throw me under the bus like I ‘refused’ to take this fight. I have a feeling that if I had said ‘yes,’ if Ali had texted back ‘yes,’ that fight still would have went to Nate Diaz. I think Nate Diaz was the fight they were trying to make since the beginning. Why didn’t they go with Cowboy? Cowboy was fresh off a camp. He’s in shape, no injuries. They decide to go with a guy like Nate who can’t even make 155, so how much training has he been doing? I don’t understand why they picked the guy who’s probably not ready for the fight. Why not pick a guy like Cowboy who seems to be ready for it? It sounds fishy to me."

Dana can be such a dick.
While he is technically right, how about showing 1/100 the compassion you showed RR after her loss?
Frankie has been nothing, but a great employee and is obviously hurt!
Has Frankie earned 1/100th of the money for Dana that RR has? Dana's a promoter, not a babysitter.

Dana needs to get through his thick biased head that you can't offer fights to someone incapable to fight. Frankie can't turn down a fight because there is no possible fight for him when he is injured.

The more I see Dana's logic the more I lose respect for him.
Dana just said he didn't know he was injured when he made the call. Besides, even if he did, every fighter in the UFC fights with varying degrees of injuries, and for millions of dollars you might just man up and take the fight regardless, so ofcourse he should make the call just incase. Frankie would've bitched even louder if he never got the call at all.

Arguably Dana's only fault in this was that he could've mentioned the reason Frankie turned it down, just to be nice, but he was in no way obligated to. That's Frankie's story to tell.

Frankie was offered the fight and turned the fight down. That is the only relevant information Dana needs to convey to the public.

Frankie had already sent his medical records to the UFC before any of that went down. They knew he had surgery.

http://www.mmamania.com/2016/2/24/1...it-comments-refusing-conor-mcgregor-fight-mma
"I didn’t just pull my groin, I tore it. I sent Dana and everyone in the UFC my MRI. I’m even more pissed that Dana’s insinuating that I ‘refused’ to take this fight, which is bullshit, just because they asked me doesn’t mean they were going to give it to me because guess what, in July they asked me to take the [UFC 189] fight on 15 day’s notice, which of course I accepted, and I still didn’t get it. I feel like my integrity is something that I’ve built over the years and I’ve been such a good guy to the UFC, and then they’re going to throw me under the bus like I ‘refused’ to take this fight. I have a feeling that if I had said ‘yes,’ if Ali had texted back ‘yes,’ that fight still would have went to Nate Diaz. I think Nate Diaz was the fight they were trying to make since the beginning. Why didn’t they go with Cowboy? Cowboy was fresh off a camp. He’s in shape, no injuries. They decide to go with a guy like Nate who can’t even make 155, so how much training has he been doing? I don’t understand why they picked the guy who’s probably not ready for the fight. Why not pick a guy like Cowboy who seems to be ready for it? It sounds fishy to me."

Nowhere in Frankie rant did he say when he sent the MRI. Nowhere in his rant did he say UFC know he was injured prior to the phone call. But Dana White addressed this point directly, go watch DW interview again, it's at 9:24. Here is the quote: "... and when I called Frankie Edgar, I didn't know Frankie Edgard was injured. AFTER I called Frankie Edgar they send me a (MRI)."

It appears that Frankie is pissed because of the way that Dana presented it. Dana said Frankie refused the fight or whatever. But in no way did Dana mention that Frankie was hurt and just couldn't fight. It was presented more like Frankie was scared and not that Frankie was hurt and would most likely be a bad idea for him to fight hurt. Same with Aldo, being 1 or 2 weeks from just being cleared for contact. Dana doesn't want to accept any responsibility on his side. If anything you'd think he would learn, but it's just the way he is.

This is a perfect description. Frankie isn't denying he "turned down" the fight. He's saying he's injured and that Dana knew it. Then Dana "offered" Frankie the fight and then made it sound like Frankie turned it down.

I'm surprised Dana didn't also mention that Cain and every other HW also turned down the fight with Conor b/c they are scared of him.

Why would he offer the fight to a fighter he knows is hurt?

He said he DIDN't know Frankie was hurt till after. If thats the case fine but this is Dana so who knows.

Countdown to Frankie going to Bellator has begun.

Dana just said he didn't know he was injured when he made the call. Besides, even if he did, every fighter in the UFC fights with varying degrees of injuries, and for millions of dollars you might just man up and take the fight regardless, so ofcourse he should make the call just incase. Frankie would've bitched even louder if he never got the call at all.

Arguably Dana's only fault in this was that he could've mentioned the reason Frankie turned it down, just to be nice, but he was in no way obligated to. That's Frankie's story to tell.

Frankie was offered the fight and turned the fight down. That is the only relevant information Dana needs to convey to the public.
You have to be cleared to fight. There's no accepting or refusing if you are injured.

Most bosses or clients won't give a shit why you didnt show for something important only that you didnt. Dana is no different. Cry somewhere else emo Franky.

I swear half the people on sherdog are probably unemployable.

And yet you are here bitching about people bitching. Makes a lot of sense.

Has Frankie earned 1/100th of the money for Dana that RR has? Dana's a promoter, not a babysitter.

WTF does that have to do with anything?
So, a promoter can only show compassion for a fighter if they break the 1 million PPV threshold?
Stop being a nitwit.
Also GSP was Zuffa's biggest draw and Dana shoved him into the river - so even if you post had any validity (it didn't), my point stands!

Back