Video: Dana White on Frankie:"Why you mad? You are the one who turned down the fight."

Most bosses or clients won't give a shit why you didnt show for something important only that you didnt. Dana is no different. Cry somewhere else emo Franky.

I swear half the people on sherdog are probably unemployable.

I don't think Edgar was mad that he wasn't selected to fight McGregor. He is complaining because Dana omitted the relevant fact that Edgar just had surgery when mentioning that Edgar turned the fight down. It's not a huge deal either way, but a bit of a jerk move from the UFC.
Interesting I wasn't aware of that if true that's kind of a dick move. I thought it was common knowledge he was injured which is why he couldn't fight. Everyone knows Frankie would never turn that fight down if he was healthy.

That's so dumb. That's as if Dana says Werdum was offered the fight but he couldn't take it because he couldn't make 170.

This is like that episode where George asks Kramer if he wants to go to the cabin, only because he knows Kramer already has plans.

My guess is that Frankie was planing on keeping his injury a secret so he could present himself to the world as THE no. 1 contender that has been available the whole time, but when when DW said he offered the fight to Frankie and he turned it down, Frankie had to reveal he was insured to excuse himself.
This is the most reasonable explanation considering how long ago the injury occurred and no news got out about it.

Dana: Frankie can you fight Conor?

Frankie: I'm injured, I can't take the fight.

Dana: Frankie didn't take the fight

Frankie: DANA!!!!!!!!!!

Dana: ......

At the end of the day Frankie Edgar wasn't available to fight on March 5, 2016.

Dana can be such a dick.
While he is technically right, how about showing 1/100 the compassion you showed RR after her loss?
Frankie has been nothing, but a great employee and is obviously hurt!
No shit, if it was RR he would be making commercials on her injury and inability to take any fights and how dare you even ask her to fight while injured.

When the news broke, Dana often just stated that Edgar turned the fight down without explaining why. See the following video. Edgar was probably pissed that Dana and the UFC were insinuating that he had turned the fight down because he did not want to take it on short notice. There is probably miscommunication here, but either way, Nate Diaz is fighting Conor, and Frankie might not get that chance for a while if he indeed does get that opportunity again.

why does he not mention pettis or cowboy

Dana is so fucking sinister, you almost have to enjoy his hubris sometimes. Wait until he flips the script on McGregor after he's done with him. It will be some underhanded Machiavellian, Tywin Lannister, Gordon Gecko shit to behold.

Siding with Dana on this. Frankie is mad at Dana not putting into context his statements that Frankie turned down the fight. But Frankie did turn down the fight and the only reason he is mad is because he feels like he looks bad. If you are injuried then you are injuried and people will understand you couldn't take the fight but don't be mad when someone says that you didn't take the fight cause then you look like a cry baby

lol....when ever Dana starts whispering ...somethings up...:D

This whole nonstory is a case of making a mountain out of a mole hill

Dana isn't wrong with his statements, they are totally correct, it is not in his best interest or goes along with business sense to add superfluous information.

Why is it superfluous? it is superfluous to the UFC as an org,
1. offer Frankie fight
2. Frankie declines

that's all you need to know.

This is just like real life, you ask 2 contractors to paint your house, one guy says he can only paint 1 hour every other day and not on weekends b/c he has to pick up his kids and take watch the football game.

The other contractor says, yes.

Do you really give a shit that the other guy has other shit to do, or do you just want your house painted?

Dana gives zero fucks about any fighter. When Connor can't make him money Dana will shit all over him too. And there are still many intellectually disabled posters around here who defend him. Go figure.

Why would he offer the fight to a fighter he knows is hurt?

So Dana can claim the offered to him and then offer vagaries as to why frankie turned it down to make the fighter look weak.

Frankie should have taken Conor's advice to everyone :

quote-i-stay-ready-so-i-don-t-have-to-get-ready-conor-mcgregor-106-50-03.jpg
I wonder why he didn't take any fights while recovering from that ACL tear...

Frankie is one of my least liked fighters.....

Back