Video: Dana White on Frankie:"Why you mad? You are the one who turned down the fight."

Why would he offer the fight to a fighter he knows is hurt?
He said he didnt know and said Frankie sent the MRI after Dana called him for the fight.

I doubt Dana is lying about this since this claim would be very easy to disprove.

Dana is right on this one. Frankie was offered the fight so injured or not he can't really bitch about anything.
Uh no he's not

You nuthuggers are clearly something else

Frankie should have accepted the fight then hobbled in to the medical exam the day before the fight and watched them cancel the PPV. I bet Dana would have loved him for showing so much heart and wanting to fight through it. :)

Uhh because Dana was aware that Frankie was unable to fight and was kept in the loop of his surgery, then used him to further the star power of another fighter on the roster at the expense of besmirching Frankies character. Frankie, an employee who played balled with the UFC for years and was their champion.

Dana never hid the fact that Frankie being injured was the reason he turned down the fight.

When the news broke, Dana often just stated that Edgar turned the fight down without explaining why. See the following video. Edgar was probably pissed that Dana and the UFC were insinuating that he had turned the fight down because he did not want to take it on short notice. There is probably miscommunication here, but either way, Nate Diaz is fighting Conor, and Frankie might not get that chance for a while if he indeed does get that opportunity again.

Frankie should have taken Conor's advice to everyone :

quote-i-stay-ready-so-i-don-t-have-to-get-ready-conor-mcgregor-106-50-03.jpg

My guess is that Frankie was planing on keeping his injury a secret so he could present himself to the world as THE no. 1 contender that has been available the whole time, but when when DW said he offered the fight to Frankie and he turned it down, Frankie had to reveal he was insured to excuse himself.

Why would he offer the fight to a fighter he knows is hurt?

So he can use the leverage of a fighter 'turning down the fight' to build up and promote the fight that gets made. It's entirely shady and Edgar, whom I'm not even a fan of, has legitimate cause to be upset.

Uhh because Dana was aware that Frankie was unable to fight and was kept in the loop of his surgery, then used him to further the star power of another fighter on the roster at the expense of besmirching Frankies character. Frankie, an employee who played balled with the UFC for years and was their champion.

Exactly. Dana has done this to other fighters in the past including Wanderlei (with Sonnen), Overeem (with JDS) and Nate Diaz.

As much as people try to blame Wanderlei's falling out with the UFC on him running from a test...Wanderlei was already pissed at the UFC for pubically suggesting that he was afraid to fight Sonnen and tried to pressure him into fighting before he was recovered from his injury and to try to drop PPV points request.

Yes...running from a test was all on Wanderlei and he is to blame for that. People wrongly think that is why Wanderlei feuded with the UFC though. It was because they did a similar thing to him like they did to Frankie when Wanderlei was always a company man.

Dana is right on this one. Frankie was offered the fight so injured or not he can't really bitch about anything.

I don't think Edgar was mad that he wasn't selected to fight McGregor. He is complaining because Dana omitted the relevant fact that Edgar just had surgery when mentioning that Edgar turned the fight down. It's not a huge deal either way, but a bit of a jerk move from the UFC.

This ^

Dana knew Frankie was injured bad enough to require surgery and used that information to make it look like Frankie didn't want any part of McGregor. Dana is ice cold man. I respect him for what he has done with the UFC over the last 20 years but he's ice cold. McGregor better hope Dana never turns on him because even with a real professional like GSP, we've seen how Dana does things when its time to put a fighter out to pasture.

He ducked Conor. He can quit crying/Thread

The fact that DFW asked Edgar if he could fight means nothing. If Frankie Edgar was fit and healthy and had said yes he still wouldn't have gotten the fight.

Dana is just trying g to say like Frankie ducked or some shit
No I meant care to explain why you have that tool in your AV? No lol I kid

Bingo

But the fools won't get it

it's more about the semantics of how dana said it. he went on espn and complained about how everyones calling out mcgregor, but when the phone call comes, they aren't stepping up. it made frankie seem like the puss aldo is. when the facts were that he was injured. dana left that part out of the initial announcement.

Back