Video: conor mcgregor and ido portal training

Frode Falch

Steel Belt
Professional Fighter
Reaction score

Ido portal showing his capoeira skills. Impressive.

Be sure to tune into tomorrows installment when Sensei Portal introduces the world to a revolutionary state of the art training device called a "hacky sack"

ETA: I guess everyone was thinking that, lol

Try focus on the actual martial art in the video. I know its hard. But just try..

Apart from the physical benefits Conor gets from training with Ido, I think he gains just as much mentally. By focusing on the 'play', he is able to relax and take his mind away from fighting for a while.

Most other fighters are unable to mentally relax before fights and are totally consumed by the pressure involved. I think Aldo's fight with Conor was a prime example of this. Look how anxious Aldo was beforehand and how relaxed Conor was immediately after the fight.

Try focus on the actual martial art in the video. I know its hard. But just try..
McGregor is so focused. I bet a lot of people look at this movement stuff and see it as a waste of time but there's definitely something in it. All those small muscles he's working on doing these odd things like that crawl. It must add to his power and overall strength.

I especially liked the sweet connection on the left hook at the start. Didn't look like he put much effort in but notice how his hips lead the shot with great technique and boom, a lovely connection.

I appreciate the post, thank you.

Back