[VIDEO] CM Punk Looking Great In Sparring

Haha always a Chick Magnet Club member bro
Will be rooting for him against Gall but with all said and done, his striking looks awful at least from these training videos
Right on bro.

This is actually the only video I know of that shows him sparring... are there more I haven't seen? It's only a short clip, so we don't know what the lead in was... & the other guy is covering up... so all these people on here talking about Punk leaving himself wide open for a counter are not taking into consideration that the opponent is not going to be able to throw a heavy counter from the stance he is at.

Exactly. Look at the opportunity Punk is getting. I bet anyone here would take the same opportunity he's getting to get a free fight in the ufc. That's a dream of mine too. Unfortunately some of us aren't as lucky as Punk and have to work regular jobs and sometimes don't even get enough time to train as much as we would like.

If we wanted to get into the UFC we would have to take the hard route like anyone else.
You make some very good points here. It's kind of like "don't hate the player, hate the game if you must be hatin." He will probably sell 203 into the very illusive million PPV range. What's the UFC supposed to do? Are they supposed to let him do some obscure show or let Bellator sign him.

I just wanted to also mention that his opportunity has nothing to do with luck. He worked his ass off since high school to get the popularity he is at.

Gall is going to wipe the floor with him.

Mickey Gall might end up looking like Anderson in the Forrest fight, like a being out of the Matrix. Punk might be that poor.

You make some very good points here. It's kind of like "don't hate the player, hate the game if you must be hatin." He will probably sell 203 into the very illusive million PPV range. What's the UFC supposed to do? Are they supposed to let him do some obscure show or let Bellator sign him.

I just wanted to also mention that his opportunity has nothing to do with luck. He worked his ass off since high school to get the popularity he is at.
Good points also. I don't hate the guy, I hope he does well. I just think it's silly people giving him loads of credit already and he still hasn't fought yet. I will give him credit for stepping in there once he actually fights. But I don't think this fight will happen.

Imo Punk's a decent guy but they should have let him have a fight somewhere else first or at least made him go on TUF. It just degrades the sport making this fight I think.

Six pages of Sherdog experts Jack Slacking a 1 second video. Like Mickey and want him to win just because he is at the beginning and Punk is rich and near the end. However, to see all the backtracking and excuse making in here...I'm rethinking that.

How can grown ass man punch so badly? I bet if you bring some random dude from the street (which CM Punk essentially is) and he will throw much better uppercut.

I'm getting a vibe that CM Punk is one of those dude that never had a fight in his life so now he wants to try it.
We only saw this short clip... we don't know what the lead in was & the opponent is covering up & not in a stance to throw a powerful counter, so it doesn't make sense to judge too harshly based on this mega short clip.

Punk grew up getting into fights all the time in high school. When he started in the underground pro wrestling circuit he got into fights quite a bit. He also talks about having fights off camera with WWE guys.

Duke Roufus has put him into live striking scrimmages with professional strikers on several occasions to get him ready for the real thing & also to see where he's at & what needs to be adjusted.

Balls is one thing, wisdom is another. Wisdom is knowing you suck and going forward in your strong suit. Balls would be fighting in the minor leagues vs another nobody for the experience, and wisdom is knowing you are never cut out for the UFC. Punk is not a wise man.

This.

Punk's venture here is fueled by self-delusion and fragile ego.

Exactly. Look at the opportunity Punk is getting. I bet anyone here would take the same opportunity he's getting to get a free fight in the ufc. That's a dream of mine too. Unfortunately some of us aren't as lucky as Punk and have to work regular jobs and sometimes don't even get enough time to train as much as we would like.

If we wanted to get into the UFC we would have to take the hard route like anyone else.
"Opportunity"?

Punk could still be making millions in the WWE.

If he ever sets foot in the octagon, he'll be fighting for what!? Half a milly, tops?

He's so open for the left hook.
Not in the stance the other guy is at. The opponent couldn't even effectively jab a counter from where he's standing. Punk is open but we're only seeing a second of footage... Top level UFC fighters leave themselves open all the time if they feel the timing is right.

I think I speak for all of us when I say...RIP Mickey Gall

At least he's got the balls to get in there. Unlike most that criticize him

He does? Source?

As far as I'm concerned, he will never take an MMA fight.

We'll talk after he gets inside the octagon

I don't mean to be a keyboard warrior, but goddamn those hands are doooowwwwnn.

Can't really judge him accurately from 2 seconds of slowed down footage though.
That was my thought - that his left hand was going the wrong direction when he was throwing that uppercut. Just wait for the double up jab and straight right down the pipe. But yeah, mini-clip of what I am sure is a lot of rounds of sparring. Maybe not 412 rounds but hopefully he got a lot of work in.

He does? Source?

As far as I'm concerned, he will never take an MMA fight.

We'll talk after he gets inside the octagon
He isn't a coward. Barring injury he'll get in the ring.

Where's the real video and not just your cherry picked gif? It's easy to make any fighter look like shit by posting one gif

Why is the ufc interested in this? Is cm punk popular enough to draw fans into watching? Legitimate question maybe he is a superstar I honesty don't know. When Brock was announced I knew who he was and knew tons of people wanted to see that, never heard of cm punk though
Yes, he is/was a huge star in WWE. The difference is Brock is a freak of nature HW with a wrestling pedigree. Punk has no formal training except maybe JJ (but who knows what level) and was never a physically imposing guy. To me, an avid WWE fan, I can't wait to see him, win or lose. I think he's gonna get his ass kicked but we'll see. There are literally dozens of WWE superstars who I would have chosen for MMA before him, but I support.

as you can see his striking sucks king kong´s

That striking clip had me weak. Especially you consider that this is a hype video. Meaning that is probably legitimately the best clip they had at their disposal.

That can't be recent... Any Tae Bo mom has more technique than that.

It's only a short clip, so we don't know what the lead in was... & the other guy is covering up. Everybody talking about Punk leaving himself wide open for a counter are not taking into consideration that there's no way the opponent can throw a heavy counter from the stance he is at.

I see top level UFC fighters doing the same thing all the time when they got their opponent on the run.

Back