VIDEO: Chris Eubank Jr brutal sparring session

Rikston

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Jr was supposed to fight Golovkin recently but the deal was never closed, anyone else think he cold give GGG a run for his money ?

Lol, that looks like a LHW sparring with a bulky middle weight.

From what I've seen of Eubank, he seems like the bully type that'll crack when things don't go his way, or when his power isn't enough to get his opponent out of there. Not good against a methodical boxer like GGG who is patient and breaks you down, and not to mention will take a good punch with a poker face.

Last edited:
From what I've seen of Eubank, he seems like the bully type that'll crack when things don't go his way, or when his power isn't enough to get his opponent out of there.
And it didn't even take GGG to expose that.

In answer to the thread starter, no, I do not think he'd beat GGG. He'd probably stand up to him quite well for a few rounds & score some solid shots but his lack of defensive nous & ponderous movement would see him take a career-shortening beating.

Also, he's nowhere near the puncher he's made out to be, though very physically strong.

Seemed excessively hard but hey might the hard sparring session of the week or whatever.

He does look smooth but against what sort of opponent?

Also I know it's just sparring but he was getting clipped with a right hook repeatedly when going to the body. Against somebody like GGG i'm sure he would fight differently but if he got clipped the same by GGG he would be flat lined

I like how at 1:11 when he gets popped the video freezes and cuts.

Seems like a bully type. The sparring session seemed rough in today's standards. Love watching this sparring session between Tua and Holyfield:

Who's the stiff in the vid? He did his best to look live and even game before getting his ass kicked.

I like how at 1:11 when he gets popped the video freezes and cuts.

Seems like a bully type. The sparring session seemed rough in today's standards. Love watching this sparring session between Tua and Holyfield:

Yeah, Eubank strikes as a guy with a ego that would make him do that. Truthfully though, I've seen sparring at my gym get close to that when the guys in camp are getting closer to their fight, especially when other gyms show up with their fighters and are doing the same. In some ways, the best way to get ready for a fight is to fight.

wasn't that brutal, kid can fight, if he's got his fathers heart and chin he's a threat to anyone.

Back