VIDEO: BJ Penn responds to Dana White's comments on TMZ

Rikston

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Who could be a good matchup for him when he comes back ?

Lol at should of

He is the GOAT LW.

Guy is a LW who fought the greatest WW twice, beat the second greatest WW 2x, fought Lyoto machida, former LHW at LHW, etc.

Dude was amazing

If that's underachieving we're all fucking failures. Penn's a legend and he'll always be.

gsp, rory mac, nick diaz, edgar... this bj penn guy sucks for losing to guys like that.

Dana white and the Fertittas will be remembered just like don king

That guys BJ Penn

TMZ stirring a pot that hasn't been on the stove in years. Let it go.

Penn was the bomb during his time.

IF he has anything left to show, i'll happily watch, but i don't want to see him get battered again.

EA UFC should make a game next time around that features the ability to unlock legend fighters with a skill set and ranking that reflects their prime. It should still feature all the current "prime" fighters, but you should be able to at least have a mode where you can play all the greats that ever were, at their peak, and pit them against each other and current fighters.

I'd pay 'bout tree fiddy for that.

Even if you want to call him an underachiever, he's still achieved more than most fighters ever will. Hell, if you think that BJ never even really reached his potential, it makes what he accomplished more impressive IMO.

BJ-Penn-Holding-His-UFC-Champion-Belts.jpg

Hespect for B.J.
B.J. eez thee besst, ees normal, thas eet.

enough with this greg jackson resurrection. the dood has been resurrected 2 or 3 times already

Nobody is taking anything away from his achievements but you can't seriously deny that BJ was far too lax with his training. Imagine how much GREATER he would have been if he didn't half ass training. He fought at 170 after losing the LW title because he was lazy and didn't want to do the hard work. He wasn't a huge LW by any stretch.

I agree with Dana on this. It's not to shit on what he did accomplish. But to me the 3 greatest are Fedor, Anderson and GSP. To me BJ will always be a level below those but could have been alongside them if he pushed himself sooner. Going to a big camp at 37 is too late.

Nobody is taking anything away from his achievements but you can't seriously deny that BJ was far too lax with his training. Imagine how much GREATER he would have been if he didn't half ass training. He fought at 170 after losing the LW title because he was lazy and didn't want to do the hard work. He wasn't a huge LW by any stretch.

I agree with Dana on this. It's not to shit on what he did accomplish. But to me the 3 greatest are Fedor, Anderson and GSP. To me BJ will always be a level below those but could have been alongside them if he pushed himself sooner. Going to a big camp at 37 is too late.
giphy.gif

Thanks for the update Cap'n

I don't think underachiever is the right word.
Underachiever suggests he should have attained more, whereas realistically he achieved everything he could, and instead of building on it, he was content to sit on it until the world caught up to him.

Back