Media Video/Audio of Yan's corner before the illegal knee

Mage

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score

Yan's asks them should i kick, one of them replied in russian 'Udari ga' meaning hit him basically saying 'Yes' and he proceeds to throw the lethal knee that bashes Aljos brains out.
IMG_20210307_205337.jpg
A fantastic perfectly placed knee imo.

Clearly he didn't want to hear the "punch only, punch only" instructions.

Yan's asks them should i kick, one of them replied in russian 'Udari ga' meaning hit him basically saying 'Yes' and he proceeds to throw the lethal knee that bashes Aljos brains out.
View attachment 838912
A fantastic perfectly placed knee imo.

Kids, this is a champion.

Fuck.

Except "Udari ga" does not mean kick. It means to hit. Hit might be a punch or kick. just to be clear.

Last edited:
Clearly he didn't want to hear the "punch only, punch only" instructions.

Or, you know, maybe he's Russian and doesn't respond well to English instructions, especially in the heat of a championship fight when he's exhausted.

Why would he ask his corner if he can hit him with his hands? He obviously wasn't 100% sure if Aljo was grounded.
When ref told him "he's grounded" 10 seconds earlier Aljo had hands on the ground as well as both knees, so when Aljo started getting ready to get up Yan looked to his corner for advice on when to strike. Obviously a comms error and a stupid mistake, but people acting like he tried to cheat on purpose (whilst being in control of the fight) are interpreting it wrong imho.
You dont ask your corner if its ok to hit if you are intending to commit a 100% DQ worthy foul.

Last edited:
Or, you know, maybe he's Russian and doesn't respond well to English instructions, especially in the heat of a championship fight when he's exhausted.

I get that but then I'd question why he has English speaking cornerman if he doesn't understand them.

Fuck corners
Fuck coaches
Mike Perry had it all figured out!

Seriously now, why do you need to scream at your fighter when his opponent is down and gassed?

Back