*VIDEO* Anderson Silva boxing sparring.

He looks a tad out of his element

When are these from? I mean, who knows what's going on in his head. Like in the first video, he is bouncing around a lot, and then stabilizes in the corner to trade blows. I don't agree with how he is moving and where he is going.

When are these from? I mean, who knows what's going on in his head. Like in the first video, he is bouncing around a lot, and then stabilizes in the corner to trade blows. I don't agree with how he is moving and where he is going.

Well there can be many reasons for that. He is a Muay Thai and MMA fighter. Not a boxer. And even if he like to train in pure boxing, the footwork and movement will be different for a guy like him when he spar with only boxing. I have it the same way. And i see the same thing in Thailand when they do sparring with only hands.

Another thing we know about Anderson, is that he often like to put himself in bad situations during training and sparring. Even during fights.

Another thing we know about Anderson, is that he often like to put himself in bad situations during training and sparring. Even during fights.

I think it only applied when he is against someone who he know won't hurt him ie his rope a dope off the fence vs Bonnar. I'm pretty sure he didn't play off his back vs Maia or getting purposely taken down by Sonnen either :icon_lol:

Freddie Roach did mention that AS is the type of guy to go 30-40% during sparring then really crank it up during his fights.

Well there can be many reasons for that. He is a Muay Thai and MMA fighter. Not a boxer. And even if he like to train in pure boxing, the footwork and movement will be different for a guy like him when he spar with only boxing. I have it the same way. And i see the same thing in Thailand when they do sparring with only hands.

Sure, that's why I said we don't know what's going on in his head. I see what you are saying. I mostly do TKD kickboxing when I spar, so when I do hands only I usually jab and circle the whole time and occasionally do a hook. I'm definitely not good at it like a real boxer. I can empathize.

Freddie Roach also said Arlovski was gonna tool Fedor.

Was pretty even with the slight edge to Arlovski during the boxing exchanges. It wasn't until Arlovski tried the flying knee (MT) that Fedor landed a good punch.

*Sorry TS, didn't read the second page before making the comment. Just felt I had to say that.

Some of these comments are funny. The same guys that tell people, "you shouldn't be trying to win rounds in sparring!" and "don't try to kill your sparring partners"' are the same guys that are saying he doesn't look good here!

Some of these comments are funny. The same guys that tell people, "you shouldn't be trying to win rounds in sparring!" and "don't try to kill your sparring partners"' are the same guys that are saying he doesn't look good here!

Yeah, he doesn't look "out of his element" like others have suggested, he looks like he's not destroying his sparring partner even though you can tell by the video he easily could.

Anderson is without a doubt a very talented athlete, he's got "the gift". What always impresses me when watching him, be it a fight, sparring or training is how incredibly well balanced and controlled he is. His awareness of range and his timing is equally impressive. I've rarely seen Anderson ever appear to be expending a great deal of effort doing anything, be it sparring, hitting pads or fighting. He's incredibly composed and relaxed and really makes fighting appear effortless. The vids TS posted look like Anderson is just goofing around, but to be honest, many of his fights appear exactly the same way. He's really just one of those guys that is that good.

Yeah, he doesn't look "out of his element" like others have suggested, he looks like he's not destroying his sparring partner even though you can tell by the video he easily could.
Exactly. He is actually trying to work on his technique and learn something from sparring.

Anderson is without a doubt a very talented athlete, he's got "the gift". What always impresses me when watching him, be it a fight, sparring or training is how incredibly well balanced and controlled he is. His awareness of range and his timing is equally impressive. I've rarely seen Anderson ever appear to be expending a great deal of effort doing anything, be it sparring, hitting pads or fighting. He's incredibly composed and relaxed and really makes fighting appear effortless. The vids TS posted look like Anderson is just goofing around, but to be honest, many of his fights appear exactly the same way. He's really just one of those guys that is that good.
Even when he gets hit pretty hard against the guy in the video that I posted, he still remains calm and collected.. and I'm certain that hit had to be a little frustrating..

The posts of NAKMUAY18, ssullivan80, Free your mind, and cms9690 remind me why i like this forum.

I agree with all of you.

Back