Video - Amazing! 60 Year Old BJJ Submission Wrestling

djbrujoh

Yellow Belt
Reaction score

Found this vid, for those that keep asking "Am I too old to grapple" questions.

That's seriously awesome. Hope I'll be moving half that well in 40 years.

That is pretty awesome. He moves well for 60. But it got me thinking, 60 isn't quite as old as it used to be.

My dad just turned 55 but is athletic. Even at 20 and in reasonable shape, I don't think there's any sport I could beat him at other than perhaps jiu jitsu.

There's a guy I rolled with who was at least 70 something, probably older. Looked around John McCain's age. He was really no different rolling with than any of the guys at Northern Illinois University BJJ club. Crazy.

Last edited:
My Judo instructor is 56 and still is lethal on the ground. Core strength is awesome and has some serious "old man strength"

My instructor is just about to turn 60, weighs a buck five and will likely be testing for her black belt this autumn. She doesn't roll with spazzes much anymore, but she is dangerous on the ground, gi and no gi she will hit a strangle from nowhere and tap you out just when you think you got her where you want her.

I started too late in life to have any big dreams in BJJ, so this is actually my dream.

To grapple from age 33 (now) through 73 or longer, and to always be relevant and helpful to the next generation.

Lol cool stuff, I need to record this dude I train with named Jules, he's over 60, and a Brown Belt, and that dude taps me all the time lol

The Idaho Fireman guy that posts here would know this: Who's the older badass wrestler that trains at your gym? That guy was wrecking all us yung'uns.

Nice, he had some moves i've never seen before :D

Back