[VID] Overeem arrives at Jackson's, "likes the vibe"

Reem is the best at giving cliche, general answers to specific questions and I mean that in a serious way.

...and coincidentally, Donald Cerrone files a missing horses report the same day

"Likes the vibe" = thinks this will be ideal for his own team

I hope they send him on his way after his next losing streak, like Blackzillians did.

he always sounds like that in every interview, you need to catch up on your reem interviews.

AdgMddV.jpg

Thanks for the vid TS

I don't know if the gym is gonna help him. He's been to many after Golden Glory. Bas said it years ago, the trainers at GG taught him to cover that glass chin but he bailed on them.

How long did he stay at Mike's gym, the Blackzillions, the training camps in Thailand, the gyms in L.A. and Vegas.

It's his second day at Greg's and he is already sure he will be doing partial training camps in Thailand. He isn't committed and that's fine if it works for him but if he is gonna be a gypsy how much time you think Greg is gonna invest in a 34 year old fighter?

His body language and eyes told the whole story in that vid. I'm not sure if he believed what he was saying. To me it seemed like he was just trying to say the right things. Obvious is obvious.

good post.. My first thought was you can't teach and old dog new tricks. My guess is he will try to fight more fights like the Mir fight, but as soon as he fights the top guys the results will be more or less the same... although Overeem has a relatively good shot if he fought Cain, I'd give him 35 percent chance at best.

That's a good camp.

Just get this guy some wins...we love seeing him fight

ha, he likes them, let's see if they like him.

(lol)

He said in the interview that he may go back to Thailand for a part of a future training camp but that it is too far away to have whole camps there. He just said he wasn't ruling it out. Overeem is one of my favorite fighters but I do sort of agree with Tonycpa that he is a bit wishy washy and doesn't commit to one group of coaches/trainers. It's like he only wants to do things his way and when a coach tries to change his tendencies he is likely to move on. Only to have the same problems at his new camp.

He needs a kick ass striking coach to sharpen his strengths. His wrestling/TDD should only be the MAIN focus if he's fighting Cain. Otherwise he should try to get his striking back near the K1 Champ level of 2008. IMO his striking is not nearly as deadly as it was a few years back.

I'll have to watch it again but I don't remember him mentioning it, but I don't really have a problem with a guy that sometimes goes to different places that he feels he will get better training for certain aspects of MMA. I mean a guy like Gus does it all the time as well. I think he needs to work mostly on his gameplanning and cardio which is why Jackson's is a great move for him, they have mountains nearby that are high altitude for his cardio and Jackson is one of the better coaches when it comes to gameplanning.

I don't necessarily think he needs to work striking so much but he needs to train more striking for MMA, it seems that his training K-1 made his MMA striking skill go down because he got used to using the gloves for defense.

Edit: just watched it again, he does say he will go back there again at some point for a few weeks but I don't really see a problem with that there are other fighters that go to differnet camps for different training like Machida, and Gus.

Last edited:
He already did that with Mir. Just need to do some Jackson Tweaks in his game.

He whooped Mir, also Mir got better after going to Jackson's and getting on TRT, his record doesn't indicate that but it's not like he was ever going to beat JDS, Overeem, Cormier and Barnett, those guys are all bad match ups for him. Mir making it to the final bell in 2 out of 4 of those fights shows that he improved IMO.

Wow, good career move by Reem. I'm not the biggest Greg Jackson fan, but if he can help Reem improve his conditioning and help him realize he shouldn't go 100 MPH from the opening bell I am on board.

Back